Should I get an HTC One

rexdog7
Go to solution Solved by Assassin,

No not now. Too many issue with quality control with this phone. I have one. I suggest wait for the next version of the phone which is coming early next year. IF you can't wait buy a Nexus. 

I know this is really late considering the HTC One has been out for a while now, but I was looking at picking one up to replace my Iphone 4S. I don't really like my phone and after doing some research it appears that the HTC One is the best smartphone out there. I know that HTC is planning on coming out with a new version of it early next year as well. Should I wait for the new one or grab the One. Also if anyone who has the phone could give their opinion on whether it lives up to the hype or not, that would be great.

No not now. Too many issue with quality control with this phone. I have one. I suggest wait for the next version of the phone which is coming early next year. IF you can't wait buy a Nexus. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Get either HTC One, LG G2, S4, and Nexus 5

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

SGS 4 or Nexus.

Got a SGS4, but if Nexus was out when I bought it I'm not sure what I had picked ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

that was with the earlier versions, and you are speaking from personal experience. I have mine and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Regardless, I do agree that you should get a later model as it will most likely have better features.

that was with the earlier versions, and you are speaking from personal experience. I have mine and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Regardless, I do agree that you should get a later model as it will most likely have better features.

I have been through three exchanges Still have more than 5 stuck pixels. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I have been through three exchanges Still have more than 5 stuck pixels. 

lol dude that's just bad luck haha

lol dude that's just bad luck haha

Yeah. Got tired of exchanging. Now they are out of replacements for the Developer Edition. Gave it to my dad and exchanged it with a Nexus 5. Now I see that this Nexus 5 has backlight bleed. This sucks.  

Sorry to heare that, @Assassin . I only had good experience with mine and I reccomend it fully to anyone. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I decided I'm going to wait for the new version to come out next year. Although the rumors say that it will be very similar to the current one I don't mind waiting a couple months for a new device. Also, @Assassin that really sucks man. Sorry your phone experiences have been so horrible

I say go for the HTC One, I got it near launch and it's been the best phone I've used so far.  The only thing I miss from samsung is the amoled display for perfect blacks.  But only samsung and non volume players get their latest amoleds so far.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Get the One, especially since you're coming from an iPhone. Build quality and design seem to be afterthoughts for most Android manufacturers, but HTC isn't One of them. 

I will say though that it makes little sense to pay full price now that it's pretty old and will be replaced around Feb(?). Haggle for a nice discount, and it's definitely still worth it. HTC's Sense is the only manufacturer UI that I would choose.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Go for the HTC One it has one of the best screens on the market.

You should consider other Smartphones as well. Think of what you really need or what you really want. Do you want a big phone without replaceable battery and without the ability to extend your space than go for the HTC One. If you want a nice looking phone with metall-finish and expandable storage, consider the Huawei P6 (in my opinion) its mutch cheaper and doing well. It has a diffrent ui witch has all App on the Homescreen, like the Iphone does. If you want always the newest android version, go for a nexus device. In my opinion it doesnt worth spending money for things or features you do not need/want ;) But if you really want the One than go for it. its a nice Phone. a friend of mine has one and he is happy with it. I have a Huawei G615 because i dont need more and love to have the ability to swap my battery and storage ;) Good Luck by finding your Phone ;)

Go for the HTC One it has one of the best screens on the market.

Yep, screengasm.