LTX 2018 Discussion Thread

CPotter

I think you may have leaked the date on the job video... or was it intentional? Is it actually in July 14th? I wanna start booking flights and stuff xD @CPotter

On 2/18/2018 at 7:22 AM, mankeez said:

I think you may have leaked the date on the job video... or was it intentional? Is it actually in July 14th? I wanna start booking flights and stuff xD @CPotter

Haha Edzel did that without telling me, but yes the official announcement is coming later this week. July 14th, 10am - 6pm, at the Richmond Olympic Oval.

Nevermind

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Serious question, who can I stay with for two nights? I REALLY want to go, but flying in from Midwest USA isn't cheap.

P.s. That was slightly a joke, but if anybody has a recommendation for hotels in the area, I'm all ears. 

42 minutes ago, Jaybelz said:

Serious question, who can I stay with for two nights? I REALLY want to go, but flying in from Midwest USA isn't cheap.

P.s. That was slightly a joke, but if anybody has a recommendation for hotels in the area, I'm all ears. 

Try to stay in Washington and fly in there... It is a lot cheaper

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Hey @CPotter when will we be able to buy tickets?

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

@CPotter

Is there a chance that you guys might stream some of the event for those of us who can't make it all the way across country?

Heck, I'd even pay for the privilege of viewing.

---

• 3 weeks later...

Would go but I'm less than 16 and from the UK with £200 in my bank account so maybe next year

or the year after that

• 2 months later...

@CPotter Will we be able to purchase LTX shirts and the such at the event? Or do we need to purchase the ticket

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

get a delidding booth with notice to people. I would love to bring a cpu and get a LTT rep to show me how to delid it. never done it myself. I understand you wont be able to do all chips but maybe the ones most used at the moment like the new coffee lakes and maybe kaby lake with a test bench or two to test them a little after we delid. I know this is a big ask but it would definitely get me to come even with still trying to rebuild after Louisiana floods of 2016 and loosing everything 3 days after buying my home

5 hours ago, Elevenbgrunt said:

get a delidding booth with notice to people. I would love to bring a cpu and get a LTT rep to show me how to delid it. never done it myself. I understand you wont be able to do all chips but maybe the ones most used at the moment like the new coffee lakes and maybe kaby lake with a test bench or two to test them a little after we delid. I know this is a big ask but it would definitely get me to come even with still trying to rebuild after Louisiana floods of 2016 and loosing everything 3 days after buying my home

Not trying to sound like I'm making fun of you but why didn't you wait until the storm cleared before you closed on your house? That just sounds like a really bad idea.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

12 hours ago, Justin_ said:

Not trying to sound like I'm making fun of you but why didn't you wait until the storm cleared before you closed on your house? That just sounds like a really bad idea.

We closed 3 days before. We didnt know it was gonna be anymore then a normal thunderstorm. At that point it was clear skies and area had never flooded before in recorded history.

5 hours ago, Elevenbgrunt said:

We closed 3 days before. We didnt know it was gonna be anymore then a normal thunderstorm. At that point it was clear skies and area had never flooded before in recorded history.

Damn. That's epic bad luck.

Just got my ticket in the mail; and also sent off my Passport to the authorization center to get my visa; I don't believe I'm actually doing this, but I'm going to by flying from Mumbai, India to Seattle and getting a ride to Canada :3 This should be interesting; but it's going to be so worth it- I've been following Linus since the Sandy Bridge days and it's because of him I built my first computer that got me into computers- specifically programming and design. Many of the personal and professional relationships I've formed as a result of growing on that initial spark almost 5 years ago, and being able to see, and hopefully meet the man in person whose molded so much of my life- LTX can't happen soon enough! :D The only thing I'm actually not looking forward to is the 14 hour plane ride each way, haha xD 

PC in Profile

5 hours ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

Just got my ticket in the mail; and also sent off my Passport to the authorization center to get my visa; I don't believe I'm actually doing this, but I'm going to by flying from Mumbai, India to Seattle and getting a ride to Canada :3 This should be interesting; but it's going to be so worth it- I've been following Linus since the Sandy Bridge days and it's because of him I built my first computer that got me into computers- specifically programming and design. Many of the personal and professional relationships I've formed as a result of growing on that initial spark almost 5 years ago, and being able to see, and hopefully meet the man in person whose molded so much of my life- LTX can't happen soon enough! :D The only thing I'm actually not looking forward to is the 14 hour plane ride each way, haha xD 

You are insane. Looking forward to seeing you there!

6 hours ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

Pacific plane trips are the worst, but it's only 10h to China. I wonder how you guys can tolerate 14 hours lol.

52 minutes ago, CPotter said:

You are insane. Looking forward to seeing you there!

U still remember me lol? Kid from Mary Browns haha. I'll be there this year too.

On 2018-05-26 at 6:22 PM, JDE said:

@CPotter Will we be able to purchase LTX shirts and the such at the event? Or do we need to purchase the ticket

@CPotter I second this question. I would buy many merch items if you had a section for LTT/CSF/TQ merch.

Current PC: Toshiba Satellite L850D - A8-4500M - Radeon 7640M - 1TB HDD - Steelseries QcK - Logitech M325

Do I have to buy tickets online or can I get them in person.

21 minutes ago, flya00 said:

Do I have to buy tickets online or can I get them in person.

Last year they had tickets at the door, and I would assume they would do that again, but if they run out of tickets they wont have any to sell

I don’t think I can come this year just got told today that my family planned a day together on July 14, might go after 12 because we’re meeting in the morning.

And it looks like my last chance of getting a ride dropped through. But hey if anybody is passing through Missoula Montana in a car and has some room hit me up! I can toss some gas money your way! I cant really afford an airline ticket this year so hitching a ride is my only choice.

On 2018-05-28 at 6:22 PM, Daniel Z. said:

Pacific plane trips are the worst, but it's only 10h to China. I wonder how you guys can tolerate 14 hours lol.

12h 40minute to Taiwan HA

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.