Should I sell my 1080Ti?

So, I currently have a Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB Graphic Cards GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD. I bought it in June and I've only ever used it for gaming. I was thinking, maybe I should sell it right now and just buy a Titan xP since it's a lot cheaper than a 1080Ti rn. If I should sell it, how much do you guys think I should sell it for. $1300? $1200? $1400? As in, would I get enough money back that it's worth selling. 

I doubt the titan xP is cheaper than 1080ti, but if you can somehow get the math to work out, go for it!

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

If you find someone who is crazy enough to buy a second-hand gaming card for that kind of money, by all means do it.

I mean, it's crypocurrency people who are most likely going to buy i

6 minutes ago, Rampakslue said:

So, I currently have a Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB Graphic Cards GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD. I bought it in June and I've only ever used it for gaming. I was thinking, maybe I should sell it right now and just buy a Titan xP since it's a lot cheaper than a 1080Ti rn. If I should sell it, how much do you guys think I should sell it for. $1300? $1200? $1400? As in, would I get enough money back that it's worth selling. 

Yours is not new, it's used, second hand, so people will not buy it at full new price.. thin kabout it for 2 sec.. if i have to pay full price then ill buy at the store...

:P 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Its a sellers market right now. If you want to sell it for as much as you can, now is a good time. I think a refresh is happenning soon as well.

8 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

Yours is not new, it's used, second hand, so people will not buy it at full new price.. thin kabout it for 2 sec.. if i have to pay full price then ill buy at the store...

:P 

Only reason why I'm even thinking of selling right now is because of the current conditions. I don't think miners care about whether it's been used or not, just how much they buy it for. and if I'm selling for cheaper than what other places are selling for, it'll probably get picked up even if it's been used. And yes, normally people wouldn't buy it at full price... but think aren't normal is it now? think about it. ;)

I would say you might get $900-$1000 because brand new the cheapest card on amazon in that list is $1200. A miner will more than likely be willing to spend the $400 more for a brand new card vs one someone "claims" to have only played games on it.

That said, you played games and profited if you could sell it even at $900(assuming low tax)... If posting it is free then no harm in trying to sell it (as long as you're willing to risk no GPU). If you do get some fool I mean a minor er Miner... to buy it then by all means do so, and ship asap and order a new card asap if possible.

8 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I would say you might get $900-$1000 because brand new the cheapest card on amazon in that list is $1200. A miner will more than likely be willing to spend the $400 more for a brand new card vs one someone "claims" to have only played games on it.

That said, you played games and profited if you could sell it even at $900(assuming low tax)... If posting it is free then no harm in trying to sell it (as long as you're willing to risk no GPU). If you do get some fool I mean a minor er Miner... to buy it then by all means do so, and ship asap and order a new card asap if possible.

Ahaha, yea, right? normally... this wouldn't be something that would be possible... but we're talking about miners., haha. lol. but, that $1200 is for the regular version. Mine's the Xtreme edition, which is $1599 rn

44 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

I doubt the titan xP is cheaper than 1080ti, but if you can somehow get the math to work out, go for it!

actually due to the INSANE prices on Video cards right now you can indeed buy a Titan Xp directly from Nvidia for cheaper then a 1080ti from anywhere they are in stock.

that said I wouldn't sell an Aftermarket 1080ti with a good air cooler for a Star Wars Titan Xp no matter how damn good they look in my rig (I have 2 by the way), they are still founders cards afterall and as such have a shitty cooler and the better cooling on the 1080ti the OP has will likely allow enough overclocking to outrun the Titan Xp.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

actually due to the INSANE prices on Video cards right now you can indeed buy a Titan Xp directly from Nvidia for cheaper then a 1080ti from anywhere they are in stock.

that said I wouldn't sell an Aftermarket 1080ti with a good air cooler for a Star Wars Titan Xp no matter how damn good they look in my rig (I have 2 by the way), they are still founders cards afterall and as such have a shitty cooler and the better cooling on the 1080ti the OP has will likely allow enough overclocking to outrun the Titan Xp.

Yea, one of the reasons why I'm kinda hesitant to sell my 1080Ti. It was a more expensive version b/c of it's better cooling and power phases. not to mention factory clocked. It runs at 1999MHz~2050MHz consistently, and doesn't go above 65~70C

3 minutes ago, Rampakslue said:

Yea, one of the reasons why I'm kinda hesitant to sell my 1080Ti. It was a more expensive version b/c of it's better cooling and power phases. not to mention factory clocked. It runs at 1999MHz~2050MHz consistently, and doesn't go above 65~70C

only way it even comes close to making sense is if you can get enough money over the cost of the Titan Xp to also buy a water block (or full loop if you don't have one already) or like say the A240G kit from EKWB or just enough of the parts to cool just the gpu from that line of products, so if you could pull 1400-1500 (which I don't see happening) then maybe it might be worth it, without putting it under water it's not worth giving up your cooler, now you could sell your current card for whatever you can get for it and just hold that money till Volta drops and try and grab one of those right out the gate (if you have a card that can hold you over for a while or just take a few months off gaming).

You have a GPU that you’re happy with, why sell it? The Ti is a great card and will last a long time. 

Dont jump on the greed train...

Love not hate

A miner would have to be either very inexperienced or completely insane to even consider paying anything above MSRP for a second-hand card.  They typically care too much about ROI to spend that kind of money on a card. 

So no, your buyer would most likely be a gamer. 

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

A miner would have to be either very inexperienced or completely insane to even consider paying anything above MSRP for a second-hand card.  They typically care too much about ROI to spend that kind of money on a card. 

So no, your buyer would most likely be a gamer. 

check used 1080 ti's on Ebay, they are going for 900+ for Founders Editions (like ACTUALLY SELLING FOR, not just listed) a USED card like the OP's just sold 4 days ago on Ebay for 1,100, that is far and above retail for that card.