Gpu Temperature increases when turning v-sync off

thenicktg

Hello guys.So i have a gtx 1060 and when i play overwatch with V-sync on the tmp is around 57-63 but when i turn it off it goes up to 70-72 sometimes 74.Shoulh i be worried?
Do you think that i'd better change the thermal paste and the thermal pads of my gpu?

Thank you

No problems there, though you might want to adjust your fan curve for better thermal performance. Turning off V-sync simply allows the GPU to render every frame the CPU can send it, so it'll run a lot hotter because it's doing a lot more work.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

6 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

There's no issue here. You turn of the frame limiter, the GPU works harder to push more frames.

Thanks dude you saved me a lot of time worrying.Have a nice day

6 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

No problems there, though you might want to adjust your fan curve for better thermal performance. Turning off V-sync simply allows the GPU to render every frame the CPU can send it, so it'll run a lot hotter because it's doing a lot more work.

I currently have it on auto.Shuld i change it?Btw thanks for helping

Thx dude.Btw whats the max acceptable Gpu tmp so it will not throttle?

5 minutes ago, NickWolf said:

I currently have it on auto.Shuld i change it?Btw thanks for helping

i donno... esports players tend to want maximum frames, even if the monitor can't keep up. something about mouse latency or something. I don't really understand it... but they all do it.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

19 minutes ago, NickWolf said:

Thx dude.Btw whats the max acceptable Gpu tmp so it will not throttle?

Most GPUs are designed to run as fast as they can up to 85C. Then they start increasing the fan speed. If temperatures continue to increase after that, the GPU will start downclocking.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Most GPUs are designed to run as fast as they can up to 85C. Then they start increasing the fan speed. If temperatures continue to increase after that, the GPU will start downclocking.

Oh ok i got you thx