Opinions on First time build - WebDesign & Stuff, NOT gaming

Hey guys,

I am a newbie in building PCs. This is the first time I chose parts for a build myself and I want to be sure it will work fine & without any problems. That's why I need your advice.

This build is for a friend of mine. It is needed basically for web design, some light & easy content creation, the regular stuff (browsing, documents creation & managing, watching movies, listening music and etc., but NOT gaming) and is wanted to be a really stable, fast and secured machine for some more years from now on (I will probably not have the opportunity to change it after 2-4 years). It is intended to be upgraded in future through adding a second monitor, more RAM (about 16-30 GBs), a second SSD and may be an additional traditional HDD (as currently I have a limited budget) as a future education on cyber security and graphic design may be wished to be carried. This PC will be used for over 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

These are the chosen parts https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marlene/saved/FknJVn except the monitor. It will be chosen in addition. If you have any recommendations for a monitor I will be happy if you share such. Budget for monitor is limited to 190$ (US) / 140 £.

I have read a lot about each of the parts but I am afraid of missing anything.

I will really appreciate any opinion, help, suggestions & recommendations for the build.

Thank you in advance!

Can't fault your build. Only wish that GPUs weren't so expensive, so you could get a 6gb version of the 1060, or an 8gb rx 580.

no offense dude, but depending how hard you will use the following stuff you mentioned, you might enter a world of pain with that CPU & GPU:

3 minutes ago, marlene said:

Solid works, 3D max, Fusion, Realflow, Xara, Blender 3D and some other for video editing, 3D and animation

I don't want to tell you how to work, but the guys at work here who do this kind of work tend to have powerful workstations with quadros and at least 2 screens, most of them 3 and in one case even 4 with high resolutions.

any chance to bump up the budget? or is that sort of nailed in stone?

Get at least a Vega 64 (or NVIDIA equivalent, I am not sure how they fare on workstation stuff the green-team cards) those kind of workloads. There is one on sale at overclockers.co.uk for the "mere" price of £499. Which is quite low considering the current GPU trends. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-stand-alone-gx-387-sp.html

Or even better a Vega FE (which is made for workstations): https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-air-16gb-pro-workstation-graphics-card/100-506061.html

But these are out of your budget... The GTX 1060 is not going to be a great card for what you want to do. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

If they're doing webdesign and not gaming I'd spend a lot more on a nice high resolution monitor like a 1440p or 4k panel and less on an expensive 8 core cpu and 1060 gpu (very pricey because of mining, 1050(ti) is a better option)

In my experience one 1080p monitor just wasn't enough and that budget probably won't get you a 1440p monitor

Thank you all for the recommendations :) 

ItsTheDuckAgain and Eibe a confusion may be present here.

I tried to publish 2 post for 2 different builds for opinion - one for a friend of mine (the current one https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marlene/saved/FknJVn for WebDesign & Stuff, but NOT gaming) which does NOT include Solid works, 3D max, Fusion, Realflow, Xara, Blender 3D and some other for video editing, 3D and animation and second build for myself (https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marlene/saved/mcrf8d for Graphic Design, Content Creation & Stuff, NOT gaming) which DO include these programs and is really different as components from the first one.

I do not know why only 1 of my posts was published and how you got the info from the other one, but could you please give some advice on the current build for WebDesign & Stuff, but NOT gaming - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marlene/saved/FknJVn  ? 

I will try to post the 2nd one ask again after some time.

mikat, do you mean a 1080p monitor is not enough for web designing? or you recommend a high res monitor in regard to the future education on cyber security and graphic design? (I think my friend will touch the area of graphic design just as an additional for the web design, it will not be a main goal)

Some additional questions popped out:

Do you have experience with different speed of RAMs? Can you advice which is better for this web designing build - 2666 or 2400 Hz of DDDR4? Will be there a sensitive difference in regard to these 2 options for speed of RAM? Is it recommendable to OC the 2400 to 2666 Hz?

Do you have experience with 960 EVO vs 850 EVO in regard to their speed
850 EVO = 560 MB/s Read, 510 MB/s Write speed
960 EVO =Sequential Read Speed Max 3,200 MB/sec & Sequential Write Speed Max 1,900 MB/sec too?
Are 960 EVO's are just a marketing trick? Or are essential only for regular transfer of large files as 10+GB?
If 850 EVO is better choice I can get a ~500GB... What is your recommendation?