*Something about not 12K*

*Something about being "poor" and wishing I could have it*

*rabble rabble rabble*

Overall, good video :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

This is done so poorly.

The building has lines in the panelling (presuming they're straight) why didn't you keystone the projectors to that so the image is level.

The overlapping sections make it awful, the thin columns of 10k look so stupid. You should have started with the middle projector get it level, then with the outer projectors on the widest corner correction settings get the projectors overlapping. Then corner correct it in so that each corner is matching. That way you don't have to desperately care if they're all the same distance away or level, they just have to be close.

I'm not annoyed I'm not angry Im disappointed at your poor performance, it could have been so much better.

Just now, Ahoy Hoy said:

This is done so poorly.

The building has lines in the panelling (presuming they're straight) why didn't you keystone the projectors to that so the image is level.

The overlapping sections make it awful, the thin columns of 10k look so stupid. You should have started with the middle projector get it level, then with the outer projectors on the widest corner correction settings get the projectors overlapping. Then corner correct it in so that each corner is matching. That way you don't have to desperately care if they're all the same distance away or level, they just have to be close.

I'm not annoyed I'm not angry Im disappointed at your poor performance, it could have been so much better.

image.png.e997e6e6ef7ce963630f24b2df9e9a3b.png

1 hour ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

This is done so poorly.

Ok literally where are they going to find a place that has the perfect wall to have an 80ft display that is close to their office and also you realize how long it already took to set up what you are calling poor performance, yes it could have been done much better but consider how much would have to be done to align all that, and at 80ft diagonally close enough should be fine. I think you need to appreciate the work they already put into it late at night in the cold.

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

*Something about not 12K*

should i be that guy? yeah i think i should be that guy.

3 times 4K is not actually 12K. there, it has been said :P

quadro P5000 and its pathetic 2560 CUDA cores!

whats next episode in BIG ***** game displays? 

o.O - i have no idea

4 hours ago, RollinLower said:

So 12 Wide by 4 High K?

Or because it's only 1/3 of 12k It's still only 4K?

Seriously tho I would of just skipped making this video, daisy chaining extension cords in the way they might of had to (it's dark so I cant tell, how many or how far, can't be bothered using google maps either) could poses a serious risk, simply put longer the length the better the gauge, thicker insulation required, it looks like Linus simply mixed and matched with at least 2 different gauges (looks like 12/14 likely at least 1 16 at 2:49). Doing this if a issue did arise, insurance likely would not of paid out... Just FYI for future events, and could even pose a issue with insurance if they see the video, unless Linus has no insurance...

https://www.statefarm.com/simple-insights/residence/extension-cord-safety-what-to-do-and-what-to-avoid I'm also fairly certain it's even on the packaging to not do what Linus did...

Lastly, BC isn't cold... Never will be, less freaks of nature events...

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/monthly/british-columbia/surrey

Until you walk around in -20/-40 jackets most days it's simply not cold, this is Canada after all. Wet yes, bone chilling cold, perhaps with arthritis bad joints etc, but I wear a windbreaker in those temps. Today (like the temps you prob had during filming, it was -1 when I left home high of 5) I wore a windbreaker and a T-shirt with shoes... Normally I wear at least a hoodie or -20 Jacket and boots this time of year...

Also If you filmed this in the -18 with -30 wc you'd all be dead from improper dressing or at the very least in the hospital likely losing limbs...

We agreed on that LTT clickbait will not be too clickbait in the last honest answer but now linus is really crossing the line...... 4k x 3 = 12k......... He himself mentions thousand times in 2017 that 4k x 4 ≠ 16k...... 2018 linus is not the same linus we knew......

11 hours ago, RollinLower said:

Yes, thxxxxxx very very much for that guy.......

20 hours ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

Ok literally where are they going to find a place that has the perfect wall to have an 80ft display that is close to their office and also you realize how long it already took to set up what you are calling poor performance, yes it could have been done much better but consider how much would have to be done to align all that, and at 80ft diagonally close enough should be fine. I think you need to appreciate the work they already put into it late at night in the cold.

I set up a lot of projectors for my job, you could do it in half the time it took them and do it well if you know a decent order to do it. Its the perks of corner correction, once the first one is straight and if you set up the outer projectors so they overlap you just corner correct them in, it takes no longer then 5 mins a projector.

Reposting my response from another topic in case people want to go "lol, this isn't 12K, stop clickbaiting"

The terms for display resolutions are often misleading anyway. The term "4K" only means that the horizontal resolution is approximately 4000 pixels, with the final resolution dependent on the aspect ratio. So yes, if you want to have an aspect ratio of 4000:1, you can call your image 4K. Similarly "1080p" only means there are 1080 lines shown in a progressive format, which again the final resolution is likely dependent on the aspect ratio of the image.

So in effect, stitching together three 4K screens width-wise is indeed 12K. Just at a 48:9 aspect ratio.

On 23/01/2018 at 2:24 AM, Pangea2017 said:

if somebody want a epic LTT beamer video:

That LG is unavailable though when i checked and there was an alternative given that costed more ethan $1k :o

What i did like about that projector are the inputs including LAN and sound outputs without having too many sound outputs. I really do like putting more things on ethernet including many of my EEE tools like my oscilloscope which allows for so much, like being able to log and not have to be there always or buy big flash storage. Ethernet is a reliable inexpensive way for many things without bulky heavy cables and requiring a lot of storage on everything.

Unfortunately my portable acer projector which says it supports wifi dongles on its usb port (which never seems to work), doesnt work with usb ethernet either.

• 1 month later...

Now you see LTT really need to get to play with Big Boy Media servers - the type that control all the content on the screens at concerts.

8k video in each of the 16 layers pushed out via 8 outputs (although its only HD)

You thought your keystoning was hard.  I saw a demo where they mapped the moving images across 6 30' trees outside  - In context the images just hit the branches and the leaves, and followed them as they moved in the wind.

Linus would wet his pants in excitement if got to see and play with those... 

Its an interesting flick for sure.

Practicality wise, maybe useful for the rich.

A "What If" video like this is good filler compared to the NCIX auction video, which was in 2 parts which proved my theory of filler.