Just wondering

ManOfDisguise

Why would you want a tablet?

If you already have a smartphone which most people nowadays do, it can pretty much everything a tablet can, is much more portable, has a better camera and the list goes on and on.

If you would use that tablet only at home like in bed or something I would still rather use a phone or just use a laptop, which can even play some nice games(depending on what laptop you get although i hate "gaming laptops" so yea..but still u can, u have the option).

I just find that tablets really have no place, no purpose that makes them worth buying, yet for some reason people still buy them.

Share your thoughts and opinions, feel free to prove me wrong! :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

They have no place for you. Or for me. They fit in a lot of people's lives very easily. Using as a device to watch videos in bed, highly mobile, etc. A lot of people really like it for the size when it comes to watching videos, not uncomfortable, and not so small you cant make out much (like on a phone)

I'm not necessarily a fan of tablets, but they certainly have their place.

Also good form factor when it comes to e-books.

They have no place for you. Or for me. They fit in a lot of people's lives very easily. Using as a device to watch videos in bed, highly mobile, etc. A lot of people really like it for the size when it comes to watching videos, not uncomfortable, and not so small you cant make out much (like on a phone)

But what about something like the Galaxy Note phones? Those are a nice mix between phones and tablets and if people really dont like the small screen size of most smartphones then they could get a Note instead of having a phone AND a tablet. Yea it isnt exactly cheap but a lot of people who have tablets have pretty good smartphones most likely. Expensive smartphone + tablet will cost more than a Note and a Note is a nice mix between the 2.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

But what about something like the Galaxy Note phones? Those are a nice mix between phones and tablets and if people really dont like the small screen size of most smartphones then they could get a Note instead of having a phone AND a tablet. Yea it isnt exactly cheap but a lot of people who have tablets have pretty good smartphones most likely. Expensive smartphone + tablet will cost more than a Note and a Note is a nice mix between the 2.

Sure! That works. For you and I. A lot of people like the size, form factor, and feel. That's really all there is to it.

Sure! That works. For you and I. A lot of people like the size, form factor, and feel. That's really all there is to it.

Yea I guess. Dont get me wrong Im not the type of guy who tells people what to buy I was just wondering :P.

Specs of my PC:

Yea I guess. Dont get me wrong Im not the type of guy who tells people what to buy I was just wondering :P.

Completely understood. I ask myself why anybody would get a tablet fairly often 

Well I mainly use my tablet [Note 10.1] for annotating sheets at lectures or for entertainment on the plane and so on. It's handy to have one, but far from necessary.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I'd rather get an ultrabook than to get a tablet.It's simply better for one reason : THE KEYBOARD.

However,tablets are good for people who don't do much with them,who don't need more than that.

I got a Samsung Tab 10.1(first gen) and I rarely use it anymore.I haven't used it since I got my s3.I can simply connect it to the TV if I want a bigger screen,connect wifi/bluetooth keyboard and mouse and I don't need anything else.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's more convenient than a laptop with a bit less functionality. There are people who prioritize this over features of a laptop they might not use. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.