Where Can I Find This?

Guest DeWat4

Where can I find a power adapter that will work with this monitor (LINK) but is very long?  The one it came with is not suitable for a scenario in which the monitor is wall mounted.

Like the power adapter won't fit with the monitor on the wall, or the cord is too short to reach where it needs to reach?

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

"Very long" isn't a quantifiable metric. If you want something and need a specific length, tell us the length you need.

If it uses the basic monitor power cable, there's this: https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Standard-IEC-320-C13-P006-015/dp/B00B5Q73Z8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1516492883&sr=8-13&keywords=monitor+power+cable

Up to 25 feet in length.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Unimaginative Name said:

Like the power adapter won't fit with the monitor on the wall, or the cord is too short to reach where it needs to reach?

The cord is too short.

Just now, DeWat4 said:

The cord is too short.

Extension cord.

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

7 minutes ago, Unimaginative Name said:

Extension cord.

@dizmo

So here is the original one-LINK

Get a longer basic power cable won't work because that's not the part that is too short.  The part that is too short is the one that goes from the brick to the monitor itself, and that part can't be taken off or replaced.  For this to work, the actual brick would have to be somehow attached somewhere on or very close to the wall mount, which isn't ideal.

Just now, DeWat4 said:

Get a longer basic power cable won't work because that's not the part that is too short.  The part that is too short is the one that goes from the brick to the monitor itself, and that part can't be taken off or replaced.

That link is to the OP, not sure if that's what you wanted to do. I would use double-sided tape to take the brick to the back of the monitor to keep it from hanging. I'm having trouble comprehending the issue here, it is just that you don't want the brick hanging?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, DeWat4 said:

@dizmo

Get a longer basic power cable won't work because that's not the part that is too short.  The part that is too short is the one that goes from the brick to the monitor itself, and that part can't be taken off or replaced.

Doesn't that kind of answer your question then?

I hate monitors that are designed like that. I didn't know they were like that, looks like I'm checking that off my list of possible monitors.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

32 minutes ago, Unimaginative Name said:

That link is to the OP, not sure if that's what you wanted to do. I would use double-sided tape to take the brick to the back of the monitor to keep it from hanging. I'm having trouble comprehending the issue here, it is just that you don't want the brick hanging?

https://www.partswindow.com/lg-29um69g-b-34um69g-b-ac-adapter--p294?gclid=CjwKCAiA7ovTBRAQEiwAo8dPcVIlveYN6gTB0f3QtqKzUCWil13G9OvKW_-oL1TbTFgw4_QfXUYMBhoCC44QAvD_BwE

So, the issue is that the part that extends from the power brick to the monitor is not long enough to where the brick can sit on even my desk, much less the floor.  If I wall mount it and use the one it came with, then the brick will be hanging in the air, and that's not good.

32 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I hate monitors that are designed like that. I didn't know they were like that, looks like I'm checking that off my list of possible monitors.

I found this universal adapter (LINK) but I'm not sure if it will work with the monitor.  It would certainly work though in terms of length.

EDIT-Not powerful enough, but something like that would work.

5 minutes ago, DeWat4 said:

I found this universal adapter (LINK) but I'm not sure if it will work with the monitor.  It would certainly work though in terms of length.

On the power brick itself, look at the sticker and look at what the output voltage and output amperage are. That should be your guide.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, DeWat4 said:

Have you tried emailing LG and asking? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Both my ASUS and Samsung monitors use bricks. Though an extension cord and a zip tie would be an easy and effective fix that was reversible.

Making them VESA mount compatible, not so much...

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, Unimaginative Name said:

On the power brick itself, look at the sticker and look at what the output voltage and output amperage are. That should be your guide.

I did, and the universal adapter isn't powerful enough.

1 minute ago, DeWat4 said:

I did, and the universal adapter isn't powerful enough.

What is the issue with double sided-taping (or using 3M command strips) the power brick to the back of the monitor to keep it from hanging?

Spoiler

Just now, Unimaginative Name said:

What is the issue with double sided-taping (or using 3M command strips) the power brick to the back of the monitor to keep it from hanging?

That's what I am considering.  The mount I bought rotates, so it may or may not affect how level the screen is depending on how hard it is to rotate it.