13 GPUs in ONE PC? – Mining Adventure Part 2

We finally rectify the mistakes made in Mining Adventure Part 1, and show you guys how you can build a rig to mine cryptocurrencies like Monero, and Zcash.

Buy GPUs:
Amazon: http://geni.us/PIOuR
Newegg: http://geni.us/iWzje

Buy Risers:
Amazon: http://geni.us/sKOWn
Newegg: http://geni.us/M5Xd1M

Measurements for the 2 "mining frames" we showed off: https://pastebin.com/HghGtCD3

How the he** do everybody manage to get more than 6 GPUs to work on one MB?? With my H110+ BTC card I am not able to run more than 6, and yes I have tried all the new drivers that make more than 6GPUs usable on Windows. Right now I'm on 17.10.3 and it's rock stable, but as soon as I try to add more, dooh. Same thing with later adrenaline drivers. Any suggestions? 

Spec:
Asrock H110+
4GB RAM

Celeron G3930

Windows 10 Pro

6x Rx580

19 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

We finally rectify the mistakes made in Mining Adventure Part 1, and show you guys how you can build a rig to mine cryptocurrencies like Monero, and Zcash.

Buy GPUs:
Amazon: http://geni.us/PIOuR
Newegg: http://geni.us/iWzje

Buy Risers:
Amazon: http://geni.us/sKOWn
Newegg: http://geni.us/M5Xd1M

Measurements for the 2 "mining frames" we showed off: https://pastebin.com/HghGtCD3

Waste of time.

As of bringing my 2 Titan Xp's online last night I'm doing 900+ a month with 2 1080ti's and 2 Titan Xp's (the titans where just bought this week as they where the same ROI as the inflated 1070 prices and CHEAPER then any 1080ti's that where in stock). ALSO you guys really NEED to get caught up to date, you are still following the logic of 1 or 2 years ago, CPU MINING IS PROFITABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!, a Ryzen 5 1600 (which is like 150 bucks more then the cheap CPU you opted for) can make like 2+ dollars a day when properly tuned (heading to Microcenter to get one this afternoon), there is no reason to be paying to power a CPU at idle when the CPU can pay for itself, I mean the cost difference between Ryzen 1600 and that CPU is an 80 day ROI, it's BETTER then 1050's for mining

3 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Waste of time.

Did you watch the video? thats straight up $500 plus every month after 5 months. Plus, all that free hardware which can be can be kept or sold for even more profit. I would hardly say thats a waste of time

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

They may have recorded the video 1-2 weeks ago, when the prices were much higher. Today, all coins are 10-20% or even more cheaper.

It should still be possible to make 4-500$ with so many cards,  but now the cards are way too expensive to be worth buying with the hope of recovering money in 4-5 months.

Just now, mariushm said:

They may have recorded the video 1-2 weeks ago, when the prices were much higher. Today, all coins are 10-20% or even more cheaper.

It should still be possible to make 4-500$ with so many cards,  but now the cards are way too expensive to be worth buying with the hope of recovering money in 4-5 months.

Titan Xp's still have that level of ROI since there prices aren't changed

4 minutes ago, Name Taken said:

1000 Sol/s is really low. That is speed of 2 GTX 1070s or 1 Titan V.

Ummm that was for 2 Nvidia cards...

But it's still good to know my card still has value :D NiceHash is claiming $5-6CAD but shot up to $7+ during the night. I'm using them again because I can't be bothered to switch, or search for a new pool/miner group when Vert became unprofitable last week... I might look into the software they are using tho.

9 minutes ago, mariushm said:

But still possible to make money in less than a year, that's why the market is still expensive. When Bitcoin crashed my ROI for a new 1070 (at newegg insane pricing) was still around 200-250 days, which on a yearly standpoint still profitable, plus if you sell yearly to get new you collect on that as well. One 1070 card could bring in $1500 plus selling price less initial purchase difference, so if you could sell a used card for $500 but bought it for $800 you made about $1200 profit, even with todays pricing.

I've been mining Bitcoin a bit 2 years ago, but gave up due to the issues I had to actually convert my BC into CASH. Have things gotten a little easier until now? Got a supercooled OC'd Ryzen 7 with a GTX 1080 sitting idle 18h / day anyway.

What's the most simple yet profitable way to mine on my machine, simple setup, simple cashout?

32 minutes ago, mariushm said:

They may have recorded the video 1-2 weeks ago, when the prices were much higher.

It was posted on floatplane on the 3rd so it might have been in the December highs when they did it.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

But can it mine bedrock?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

15 minutes ago, markuess said:

I've been mining Bitcoin a bit 2 years ago, but gave up due to the issues I had to actually convert my BC into CASH. Have things gotten a little easier until now? Got a supercooled OC'd Ryzen 7 with a GTX 1080 sitting idle 18h / day anyway.

What's the most simple yet profitable way to mine on my machine, simple setup, simple cashout?

Not bitcoin anymore a Alt coin would be best.

As for cashing out it really depends on where you live. Here in canada it's hard(ish)

24 minutes ago, Name Taken said:

He mentioned a "balanced approach" and 1 RX 470, 3 RX 580, 4 RX 570, 2 P104-100. That is 10 GPUs so I assumed the other 3 are GTX 1060s.

True, Linus say 8 570, 1 470, 3 580's and 2 P104 mining cards for a total of 14 cards not 13, assuming he meant to correct those numbers within the 8 that still leaves 3 as mentioned unaccounted for. I know for a fact I counted 13 cards on that table...

@LinusTech Your math... xD So, what are 3 mystery units? I know my 1070 does about 500+ Sols... soo...

10 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

But can it mine bedrock?

I'm sure it will if you toss it from a high building :)

But that wouldn't be profitable, now would it?

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Not bitcoin anymore a Alt coin would be best.

As for cashing out it really depends on where you live. Here in canada it's hard(ish)

Any tips or tutorials? I'm in Europe, Germany. Back then I used a British Coin Bank but they wouldn't let me authenticate myself, the British don't seem to use the same methods to ID people as the rest of the world (via ID).

3 minutes ago, markuess said:

Any tips or tutorials? I'm in Europe, Germany. Back then I used a British Coin Bank but they wouldn't let me authenticate myself, the British don't seem to use the same methods to ID people as the rest of the world (via ID).

whattomine.com to find out the current most profitable coin for your card (Nicehash is a group network mining multiple coins that got hacked not too long ago losing everyone's work)

Also check out this section of the forum, might be helpful:

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

5 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

whattomine.com to find out the current most profitable coin for your card (Nicehash is a group network mining multiple coins that got hacked not too long ago losing everyone's work)

Also check out this section of the forum, might be helpful:

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Thanks mate, I'm gonna check it out. Still a lot of trouble around mining it seems.

sorry if covered but what BIOS did you flash the cards to?   

53 minutes ago, markuess said:

I've used AnyCoinDirect.eu to sell some coins in the past, they send payment by bank transfer or through Paypal : https://anycoindirect.eu/en

Nowadays I use a local exchange website/company and they send the money directly to my bank account.

58 minutes ago, orddie said:

sorry if covered but what BIOS did you flash the cards to?   

See https://mining.help

This is a fairly good guide about how to download the bios, modify the memory settings and flash the card with the new bios.  You should never download random bioses from the Internet to flash your cards.

This reddit tutorial also has pretty much the same information but maybe explained in different way is easier to understand :

Why didn't Linus factor in income taxes? You do have to pay taxes on cryptocurrency mined.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

20 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Why didn't Linus factor in income taxes? You do have to pay taxes on cryptocurrency mined.

You're also supposed to pay tax on all cash transactions. That doesn't mean it happens.

Not to mention literally every state and province in every country handles taxes differently. It would be a pointless waste of time to try and cover it.

53 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Because Cryptocurrency is not a official currency here. Also it's impossible to tell what he could be doing in the complex, he could be testing some massive power draw unit or many units of various things, like me mining, impossible to tell if I'm just too lazy to quite a game or not.

At least in Canada no court will hand out a warrant for not claiming income on cryptocurrencies. Or to my acknowledgment anyways.

4 hours ago, markuess said:

if in the USA you can use Nicehash and transfer out to Coinbase then from Coinbase sell for USD on GDAX and then transfer to bank from there, all you lose is the 2% pool fee for Nicehash internal wallet and 0.25% when selling BTC on GDAX.

34 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

if in the USA you can use Nicehash and transfer out to Coinbase then from Coinbase sell for USD on GDAX and then transfer to bank from there, all you lose is the 2% pool fee for Nicehash internal wallet and 0.25% when selling BTC on GDAX.

Can NiceHash be trusted anymore?

Also, where do you buy your Titan XPs? Amazon?

2 minutes ago, emk said:

Can NiceHash be trusted anymore?

Also, where do you buy your Titan XPs? Amazon?

Nvidia directly and Nicehash was never the issue with mining it was they got the bitcoin stolen which if you use internal wallet and coinbase you don't have to leave it on Nicehash for long.

Avoid using SATA adaptors to power the risers, the SATA cables support less amperage than what the GPU can drain from the PCIe and the cables can melt or even catch fire!