TV Have Bad Input Lag For Gaming? I Might Have A Solution

iamdarkyoshi
18 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

vga does carry all needed signals for whats called analog hd

red blue green yellow rca ports on most tvs (either composet or component i dont remember)

my tv is locked to 60hertz for all the ports except the vga(is called pc 150hertz in tv specs)

Just so this doesn't confuse anyone: This is ENTIRELY false.

What we normally all 'VGA' does not carry a composite video signal or anything along that lines.  What it carries is 'RGBHV' which is five distinct signals, Red, Green, Blue, Horizontal Sync, and Vertical sync. (Some other pins can carry EDID but they're not actually required.  While you can find PINOUT adaptors that can convert the DB15 connector to five RCA connectors, as the signal types are ENTIRELY incompatible with what is usually called 'YPbPr', this will NOT result in a YPbPr signal that your TV can read.

Please, do not buy DB15 to RCA cables thinking it'll work.  It won't.  I mean, I'm sure there are SOME displays that will totally read RGBHV over five RCA jacks, but those are going to be usually specialized hardware and maybe some projectors but not consumer TVs.

i have a samsung tv and got best results from the HDMI port which has the DVI label aswell. the one other odd thing about samsung tvs is you need to label the input channel as PC and it removes overscan etc

4 minutes ago, faecal storm said:

i have a samsung tv and got best results from the HDMI port which has the DVI label aswell. the one other odd thing about samsung tvs is you need to label the input channel as PC and it removes overscan etc

These older samsungs seriously have the most convoluted menu I've ever seen.

And why does it disable the internal EQ? Quite frustrating.

On 1/21/2018 at 1:51 PM, faecal storm said:

oh yeah overscan... I remember when that was a more prominent option but it seems to have gotten less popular and I'm pretty sure our current TV doesn't even offer it... which is a good thing imo since it's stupid and pointless.  Why would you intentionally want to mismatch the signal to the panel?  I get that in the analog days this may have made sense but now the signal is a grid that matches the pixels 1:1... no need for overscan.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.