Security camera software

What would be a really good security camera software for windows for up to around 20 cameras and lots of adjustability. Basically a professional version of Dviewcam would be great. Any ideas?

Avigilon has pretty solid software that allows timeline scrubbing of recorded video, and bookmarking features, as well as customizable layouts so you can pick and choose how you want your layout to be. 

Nicevision is also another choice, though very outdated and doesn't have the same functions as avigilon does. Either one does its job very well, but cost is a thing too. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

1 hour ago, Hiitchy said:

Avigilon has pretty solid software that allows timeline scrubbing of recorded video, and bookmarking features, as well as customizable layouts so you can pick and choose how you want your layout to be. 

Nicevision is also another choice, though very outdated and doesn't have the same functions as avigilon does. Either one does its job very well, but cost is a thing too. 

What kind of cost? The only thing I hate about the one I'm using is it's cpu intensive and will not use 100% of a disk

Zoneminder?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

What kind of cost? The only thing I hate about the one I'm using is it's cpu intensive and will not use 100% of a disk

Costs are subjective. If you want something for home, Blue Iris as the other poster suggested seems like a better idea. In this case, the software I'm suggesting is / was top of the line..

If you have 20 cameras open at once, of course it will be CPU intensive. The hardware needs to be able to keep up with the multi-threaded loads. I use Avigilon at work on a Xeon E5-2697 v4 with 64gb of ram with around 200+ cameras. The difference is that I didn't set this system up, and it cost the organization around $15M after costs, maybe more. They won't give me an exact number. The issue with consumer grade CPU's is that they aren't made to handle loads the way a server CPU is.

The 100% disk usage is also based on how much reading and writing it's doing. If you're reading and writing to the disk that's also recording the video footage, of course you will get 100% usage. If the software is on the same hard drive, of course you'll always get 100% load. You need to create a NAS or a server that records the video while you have another computer that connects to the NAS server VIA the surveillance software. The drives will always be at 100%, especially if you're expecting to record 24/7. A suggestion I can make is to not go cheap on the drives that are recording the footage. You need drives that are rated to run 24/7 and constantly read and write. I can't make suggestions because I wouldn't know what drives we use, but this was hinted to me by the techs that do maintenance on the system.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

4 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

Costs are subjective. If you want something for home, Blue Iris as the other poster suggested seems like a better idea. In this case, the software I'm suggesting is / was top of the line..

If you have 20 cameras open at once, of course it will be CPU intensive. The hardware needs to be able to keep up with the multi-threaded loads. I use Avigilon at work on a Xeon E5-2697 v4 with 64gb of ram with around 200+ cameras. The difference is that I didn't set this system up, and it cost the organization around $15M after costs, maybe more. They won't give me an exact number. The issue with consumer grade CPU's is that they aren't made to handle loads the way a server CPU is.

The 100% disk usage is also based on how much reading and writing it's doing. If you're reading and writing to the disk that's also recording the video footage, of course you will get 100% usage. If the software is on the same hard drive, of course you'll always get 100% load. You need to create a NAS or a server that records the video while you have another computer that connects to the NAS server VIA the surveillance software. The drives will always be at 100%, especially if you're expecting to record 24/7. A suggestion I can make is to not go cheap on the drives that are recording the footage. You need drives that are rated to run 24/7 and constantly read and write. I can't make suggestions because I wouldn't know what drives we use, but this was hinted to me by the techs that do maintenance on the system.

I have the WD purples, and I have a working system i just want to upgrade to somthing more buisness grade. As it is for home an buisness security. The hardware is up to the task currently by quite a bit. I would pay a decent amount for the software but like...300 or 400 max not thousands. I can't find a price for the one you suggested