34" Curved Monitor - 3440 x 1440. Options?

LinxuSx

I'm having a fairly hard time figuring out which monitor to go with.  I'm looking at a 34" Curved Monitor that will be used for work and gaming.  To me, the 3440 x 1440 (or similar) resolution is important.  This is being powered by a R9 280X, but I'll upgrade at some point. 

Budget: $500-1,000 (would prefer to keep around $700 or so though). 

Resolution: 3440 x 1440

Refresh Rate: 60 Hz is fine, not opposed to more though

Panel Type: IPS or VS

AMD Freesync is a bonus. 

Response time of 5 ms is fine. 

What are your recommendations? I was leaning towards the LG 34UC80-B, but Samsung and Dell seem to make some nice options too. 

Also interest in non-curved options - I'm sure there is a big savings. 

Just recently picked up a LG 34uc88-B and quite frankly really enjoy it. Paid 600$ and serves me well.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

30 minutes ago, Revamp said:

Just recently picked up a LG 34uc88-B and quite frankly really enjoy it. Paid 600$ and serves me well.

I was closely looking at the LG 34UC80-B, which I believe is just the updated model # of your UC88-B.  Really like it, especially the price point.  I seem to hear mixed reviews about back light bleed though. 

EDIT: or maybe it's sound versus no sound is the difference. 

I will say I did a dead pixel check when I first got it so I went full screen mode with several different color swatches. The only one I noticed back light bleed ofcourse was in the corners on solid black. It's unnoticeable in normal working conditions, but there is a faint bleed regardless. It's actually one of the most minimal bleeds ive personally experienced with monitors I've owned.

However with that said, it does seem hit or miss. I've seen some people with worse cases than others. I was pretty blessed with 0 dead pixels, 0 stuck pixels, and very very minimal bleed. By minimal I mean like it extends maybe a quarter inch from the corners.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

I've looked at all the other ones and I keep coming back to the LG 34UC80-B.  Pretty sure that's the route I'll go unless someone convinces me otherwise.  1440p, 75hz, Freesync, IPS, beautiful design, decent stand. 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:35 AM, LinxuSx said:

I just found out the Acer XR342CK is a much better panel (assuming you don't get back luck with a bad panel), than the LG 34UC80-B.  1ms response time and HDR ready.  It's $699.99 on Amazon, so $100 more.  Appears overclockable to 100hz. Thoughts?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009997

The HDR version is $799