bomberblyat

Soundcard suggestions !

I'd suggest looking at a small external DAC/Amp rather than a soundcard. For that price, you're really looking at something like a FiiO E10K Olympus

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi!

So i was wondering what soundcard is good for budget max 60euros, im not looking for audiophile tier stuff just ok/good soundcard that will do the job, my motherboard and headphones listed under.

(i do not need any kind of GAMING ULTRA XXX COMPETITIVE soundcard, since i mostly play runescape and listen music)

Asus M5A78L-MLX3

Audio-Technica ATH-M40x 

Any recommendation is welcome!

I dont think u'll need one though.

M40X is easy to drive.

But if u really need one just buy an external dac/amp combo as soundcard is just a DAC/AMP that connected to your mobo via PCI slot.

BEFORE YOU BUY GAMING MICE (Technical terms,Optical vs laser,Popular mice sensor,Mice suggestion,etc)

Always use quote or tag ashen one,We don't want you to go hollow in here.

I love Dark Souls lore,Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/ [LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

|Etna's EDM List|

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I mostly stay away from OFF TOPIC Section.

~onboard~

Gaming HTPC:

R5 2400G@stock - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon

Desktop PC:
i7 2600k @stock - H100i GTX - Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe - Asus GTX 1050Ti Strix - 16gb HyperX Fury 1866mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 840 EVO - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Enthoo Evolv ITX - Dell U3415W - Benq XL2411T - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

39 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'd suggest looking at a small external DAC/Amp rather than a soundcard. For that price, you're really looking at something like a FiiO E10K Olympus

oh any other good amp's? than that ill definetly start looking amps !

22 hours ago, Hiya! said:

I dont think u'll need one though.

M40X is easy to drive.

But if u really need one just buy an external dac/amp combo as soundcard is just a DAC/AMP that connected to your mobo via PCI slot.

what do you think about this one its 43euros Creative Sound Blaster E1

22 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

what do you think about this one its 43euros Creative Sound Blaster E1

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I don't know much about it, so I can't really say whether it's good or bad. Creative does tend to be pretty good though. 

but is is compabtile to my setup? im not really good on audio things

44 minutes ago, bomberblyat said:

LD Systems HPA 4 i decided to buy this one i believe its bit better

FX Audio DAC X-6

SMSL M3

Both great units for the price I personally have the X6 and it works great across a variety of sources.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, bomberblyat said:

LD Systems HPA 4 i decided to buy this one i believe its bit better

But all you did was buy an amplifier!! If you can return it ASAP.

You should get a DAC + AMP COMBO unit the DAC "Digital to analog" converter will greatly improve the quality of the music you listen to especially if its CD quality or better. 

a DAC will take the audio processing outside your case & off your mobo where it is prone to interference from other electrical components ( which in turn makes your audio sound like crap). 

Now with only buying an amp like you just did all your going to be doing is amplifying a poor signal so you might get louder headphones but not much better clarity.

7 hours ago, Tz000 said:

But all you did was buy an amplifier!! If you can return it ASAP.

You should get a DAC + AMP COMBO unit the DAC "Digital to analog" converter will greatly improve the quality of the music you listen to especially if its CD quality or better. 

a DAC will take the audio processing outside your case & off your mobo where it is prone to interference from other electrical components ( which in turn makes your audio sound like crap). 

Now with only buying an amp like you just did all your going to be doing is amplifying a poor signal so you might get louder headphones but not much better clarity.

well im quite low on budget rn,so i will buy dac later when i have money

2 hours ago, bomberblyat said:

What a waste of money i must say.

Cause DAC is more important than AMP.

BEFORE YOU BUY GAMING MICE (Technical terms,Optical vs laser,Popular mice sensor,Mice suggestion,etc)

I love Dark Souls lore,Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/ [LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

|Etna's EDM List|

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 hours ago, bomberblyat said:

Dont get me wrong the amp will give you headphones a good kick and will improve your experience its just you could have had an easy all in one package sorry to sound blunt earlier.  Im sure you could find some respectively priced dacs to go along with that when budget permits.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Hiya! said:

What a waste of money i must say.

Cause DAC is more important than AMP.

well i dont need DAC that much, i need AMP more at the moment so...... 

27 minutes ago, bomberblyat said:

well i dont need DAC that much, i need AMP more at the moment so...... 

Tell me why u need an amp?

Edited by Hiya!
Nevermind is none of my business and op already bought the thing anyway

|Etna's EDM List|