Bungie responds to Faction Rally throttling backlash and learns nothing about transparency

AlTech

Bungie was caught throttling the Faction rally token earnings thus throttling loot earnings and they are trickling the Curse of Osiris weapons slowly over time.

Destiny 2 customers were concerned that this was the result of some sort of bug and asked Bungie to fix it. And oh boy let me tell you it was some bug.

Guess what the bug was? Bungie themselves. They deliberately did this and the backlash when people found out was huge.

And so of course in the vicious Destiny 2 Dev cycle: Implement nasty changes, consumers complain, apologize and lie about how it was never Bungie's intention, we are in the 3rd phase once again.

Chris Barrett the Game Director for Destiny 2 has responded to the backlash yet again. The feeling of Deja vu has never been stronger within the Destiny community. You see, they've screwed up deliberately numerous times.

And of course Bungie's solution to everything is wayy too overboard. I'll give you guys an analogy here that you can understand, E.g. If the Door in a House is broken, Bungie would propose destroying the house altogether. 

Yet again. the "we're listening to player feedback" bullshit keeps on being repeated.

And Bungie is still tone deaf and not being understanding towards players.

So yeah, Bungie doesn't deserve your time or money cos if they ever cared they certainly don't now.

Source:

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I got Destiny 2 for free and I still want a $60 refund....lol

Bungie....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Snip

But first they need to take 9 months to make Destiny 2 as good as Destiny 1 and then they can stop xD.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Good thing I decided not to buy it even though I was excited for the PC version. I got PUBG instead.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

Wow, can someone explain what's going on at Bungie? Was there new management recently? I thought these were good guys, what has been going on?

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

2 minutes ago, LtRavens said:

Wow, can someone explain what's going on at Bungie? Was there new management recently? I thought these were good guys, what has been going on?

they've been making excuses for bad decisions since launch day.

Destiny 2 as we know it started Development in Early 2016 and was in constant development until it's release in Late 2017.

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

they've been making excuses for bad decisions since launch day.

Destiny 2 as we know it started Development in Early 2016 and was in constant development until it's release in Late 2017.

Oof. They better get themselves together, cause they're losing face fast. If not already in the eyes of some ppl. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Oh Bungie how about you take use of your name and kill your company before you kill off your remaining playerbase

Hey come on now, they said they'd listen to the feedback, not that they'd give a fuck about it. Just listen to it, that's it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

56 minutes ago, LtRavens said:

They've pretty much stopped making games, but I assume they still want to keep making money.  That leaves trying to pull a Valve Corp and just do accounting type work/tricks.  I don't know what they've done for they last several years other than destiny 1 & 2, and I don't play those.

At least we got Halo and Oni before their apparent turn to the dark side.

As far as I am concerned, the Bungie I knew died after they left Halo. They fired Marty, their famous songwriter without pay. In earlier documentaries, they admitted he probably was the single biggest contributor to their games as well. And a lot of the leads including writers left. Halo 3 and Reach were about having a good community, Destiny was about making money.

10 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Hey come on now, they said they'd listen to the feedback, not that they'd give a fuck about it. Just listen to it, that's it.

-_-

Spending $60 USD on a Loot and Shoot game only to be told by the Game Director to go enjoy Cosmetic Fashion BS? I don't envy Destiny 2 owners at all.

Myself nor my friends have touched this game since we all went on Christmas break and we don't seem to be coming back to it because they literally stripped out all the D1 features and are now putting them back in D2.

Why on earth would they think that removing literally everything that people liked about D1 and not adding anything new other than subclasses would be a good thing? I do not know.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

The Bungie algorithm:

while(true)

shadyFeature := genShadyfeature()

implement(shadyFeature)

backlash := listen()

if(backlash)

Print("It was never our intention!")

rollback(shadyFeature)

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Yet again. the "we're listening to player feedback" bullshit keeps on being repeated.

And Bungie is still tone death and not being understanding towards players.

I hate pointing out stuff like this, but the phrase should be "tone deaf" - just letting you know :)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

People seem to keep going back too. 

Hows the playerbase looking? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

And Bungie is still tone death

You probably mean tone deaf? As in Bungie is oblivious to changes in the environment

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, LtRavens said:

From what I saw being a destiny 1 player is that people play new content and completely quickly leaving them yet again with nothing to do.

So bungie has started adding thing like bosses with larger health and takes less damage, slower rewards and the like to artificially inflate content with the end goal being content takes longer to complete. 

As am example hard mode crotas end, it's the same as easy mode but everything has double health and you take more damage. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

40 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You probably mean tone deaf? As in Bungie is oblivious to changes in the environment

Rip. Yup. Thanks.

no quotes tho... :P 

well i was pretty stoked about this game before it came out, i really wanted to play it, but man am i glad i didnt give these devs my money

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

it was clearly too hard for them too buid a fair system

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It's been 8 years since Bungie has made a good game, it is quite clear that they are washed up and their partnership with activision was their death knell.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Aluminum, your obsession with the minutiae of Destiny 2 is... unhealthy.  It reminds me of Derek Smart's fixation on Star Citizen -- it seems less about wanting the game to improve and more about hoping that it fails.

They're concerns, but they're not the catastrophic failures you make them out to be.  It's a game, and the core mechanic of the game is just fine, thanks.