Live stream camera

So I know its possible, but I can't seem to find a straightforward video about it. I would like a DSLR camera for live-stream stuff but one that won't break the bank. I suppose $300-500 US.

6 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

What resolution are you planning to stream in?

I'd say I would stream at 1920x1080 but I would want to record at a higher res. Maybe like 2560x1440

Something like a used Nikon D7500, if you can find one at a good price. Otherwise, for above 1080p, you're looking at quite expensive cameras usually, at least if bought new. For 1080p though you can't go wrong with a Nikon D3400.

7 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Something like a used Nikon D7500, if you can find one at a good price. Otherwise, for above 1080p, you're looking at quite expensive cameras usually, at least if bought new. For 1080p though you can't go wrong with a Nikon D3400.

Ok do you know anything about hooking them up to like obs?

Theoretically any camera capable of outputting a video via HDMI or SDI can be used for live streaming... you simply need a capture card to get the video signal to the live streaming device.

For your budget of $300-500, there are handheld camcorders and entry level DSLR cameras available.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins