So I have an extremely first world problem. I bought the ASUS Z270 Mark 1 mobo which has no rgb headers( Yes I know I should have checked before being hyped about all the included features). I have searched far and wide for a solution but only came up with NZXT HUE+ which I thought would be fine as I only was missing rgb strips as I wanted to decorate my case as well and go a bit insane with rgb on my chair as well haha so when I am playing music I can sync the rgb with music I was playing.

And this is where i hit my first problem, the NZXT HUE+ wasn't compatible with aurora sync which means even if the software cam had compatibility with music it might have a different color scheme for it and not only that aurora has different modes for different genres making it impossible to pair it up with the proper song.

And then another problem hit me. if I was to put rgb fans on my radiators there would be no way to control them as I didn't have any headers to connect them to. so I am stuck now with either having to software's I will have to keep the lighting static on just to have them matching or stay with aurora sync on my two graphics cards i will be getting,

my gaming mouse and keyboard, my motherboard and ram. no case lighting chair lighting or fan lighting or even water cooling rgb( I know I'm a little excessive). So I wanna know if there is a pci e 3.0 expansion card or any other solution that will add to my non existing rgb headers and be compatible with aurora sync

You really need to work on your run on sentences, that was fatiguing to read :P

As long as it doesn't have a proprietary Silverstone plug of some kind this might work. 

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Strips-BIOSTAR-LSB01/dp/B06X9QJBGF

Welcome to the forum! 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 hours ago, Michaelneedsmorergb said:

So I have an extremely first world problem. I bought the ASUS Z270 Mark 1 mobo which has no rgb headers( Yes I know I should have checked before being hyped about all the included features). I have searched far and wide for a solution but only came up with NZXT HUE+ which I thought would be fine as I only was missing rgb strips as I wanted to decorate my case as well and go a bit insane with rgb on my chair as well haha so when I am playing music I can sync the rgb with music I was playing.

And this is where i hit my first problem, the NZXT HUE+ wasn't compatible with aurora sync which means even if the software cam had compatibility with music it might have a different color scheme for it and not only that aurora has different modes for different genres making it impossible to pair it up with the proper song.

And then another problem hit me. if I was to put rgb fans on my radiators there would be no way to control them as I didnt have any headers to connect them to. so I am stuck now with either having to software's I will have to keep the lighting static on just to have them matching or stay with aurora sync on my two gpus i will be getting,

my gaming mouse and keyboard, my motherboard and ram. no case lighting chair lighting or fan lighting or even water cooling rgb( I know I'm a little excessive). So I wanna know if there is a pci e 3.0 expansion card or any other solution that will add to my non existing rgb headers and be compatible with aurora sync

Wall of Text and fixed it to be readable.

You need a way to connect RGB device to auora, All devices I've seen that sync up require a motherboard RGB header.

--------

I suggest looking into Aqua-Computer devices. They have both RGB controllers (Which has allot more functions then HUE+) and fan controllers (Which also has a single RGB header built in).

Aquasuite has allot of functions there might be a way sync the two. That would be a question to ask Aqua-computer or one of Aqua-Computer modders.

Most RGB fans require the use of the companies own Hub and there software. They only a few RGB fans that will actually work with standalone controllers and motherboard RGB headers.

-------

The only other way I can think of link them up would be running a cable to GPU (If it has any spare RGB headers). You can then run the cable to an RGB splitter and connect a few RGB devices. Be careful of the voltage to much and it will overload the RGB header.

Not all GPU's have spare RGB headers. The cable needed uses a 2mm pitch not the standard RGB pins & connector.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Well theres diy options. As you could potentially use the rgb light that is on your motherboard to drive an arduino that could drive more led strips and a decent percentage of the rgb fans out there. I use a similar system (except running off a dedicated rgb header) to drive 160 ish LEDs and some Sp120 rgb fans. It all syncs up with aura. 

I would not recommend using the header for the inbuilt led to drive strips, as it will overload very easily. 

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

2 hours ago, Revan654 said:

I suggest looking into Aqua-Computer devices. They have both RGB controllers (Which has allot more functions then HUE+) and fan controllers (Which also has a single RGB header built in).

can you show a link?

although i suspect it may not be worthwhile for me who is far away..

1 hour ago, unknownmiscreant said:

to drive 160 ish LEDs and some Sp120 rgb fans. It all syncs up with aura. 

would u have a picture? why use sp120? only 4 leds and effects ar lacking.... LL120?

i skimped thru ur post, it seems quite technical....

10 minutes ago, pomkon said:

it doesnt support gigayte rgb fusion? 

would a cheap hub allow u to sync ur i.e. masterfan rgb fans with aura sync/ mystic light....? 

No idea, I only looked for the OPs compatibility.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, pomkon said:

would u have a picture? why use sp120? only 4 leds and effects ar lacking.... LL120?

i skimped thru ur post, it seems quite technical....

I used SP120 fans cos they came with my case, I don't want to buy any more SP, HD or LL fans, as the bearings make a rather nasty noise. HD fans are definitely compatible. I have not got any information about LL fans, but I assume they are likely to be compatible.

Heres a video of it in action in my system:

Make sure you get whats going on in the guide in my signature before starting to attempt this, as otherwise you'll likely break something.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

10 hours ago, Revan654 said:

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/index.php?cPath=62&XTCsid=3somt8oohvhl02141pedpfifs4vp4na5

It's under Farbwerk, Not sure what you mean by far away.

19 hours ago, Revan654 said:

They only a few RGB fans that will actually work with standalone controllers and motherboard RGB headers.

say i have masterfans, in what scenarios would i need this farbwerk controller?(when i dont need those extra features)  masterfans can connect to the mobo and sync with asus aura/ mystic light... i can only think of when there isnt sufficient rgb headers on mobo?

If you want the fans to sync up you can get nzxt rgb fans

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 hours ago, pomkon said:

say i have masterfans, in what scenarios would i need this farbwerk controller?(when i dont need those extra features)  masterfans can connect to the mobo and sync with asus aura/ mystic light... i can only think of when there isnt sufficient rgb headers on mobo?

It has allot more features and control then the mobo header. The op doesn't have a RGB header so he/she would need some kind of controller. Aqua-Computer allows allot more voltage/LED's then the mobo would ever allow.

8 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

They would only sync up with HUE+ and requires CAM software. They would not sync up with auora.

Fair point, OP's wall of text was rather difficult to parse.

If they have strix 1080 ti's the cards actually have built in 5050 headers

https://proclockers.com/reviews/video-cards/asus-rog-strix-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-oc-edition-video-card-review/page/0/3

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

6 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Fair point, OP's wall of text was rather difficult to parse.

If they have strix 1080 ti's the cards actually have built in 5050 headers

https://proclockers.com/reviews/video-cards/asus-rog-strix-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-oc-edition-video-card-review/page/0/3

It's why I suggested connecting them RGB parts to GPU but just have to be careful of the voltage. The downside is there going to be wires showing.

------

Personally I favor InWin Polaris RGB fans if you want RGB fans. Since they work with any RGB controller and motherboard header. Only down side is they don't come in 140mm yet.

20 hours ago, Revan654 said:

It's why I suggested connecting them RGB parts to GPU but just have to be careful of the voltage. The downside is there going to be wires showing.

------

Personally I favor InWin Polaris RGB fans if you want RGB fans. Since they work with any RGB controller and motherboard header. Only down side is they don't come in 140mm yet.

rgb  headers on graphics cards are designed for ??

rgb fans are only good if they can be software controlled

7 hours ago, pomkon said:

That is an opinion and subjective. They make RGB controllers with remotes.

21 hours ago, pomkon said:

13 hours ago, Revan654 said:

That is an opinion and subjective. They make RGB controllers with remotes.

tbh with you, most RGB controllers on motherboards have very noisy outputs. Digitizing an Aura header proved to be rather annoying. Although I have never looked at standalone controllers, as I made my own for a fair amount less.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

5 hours ago, unknownmiscreant said:

tbh with you, most RGB controllers on motherboards have very noisy outputs. Digitizing an Aura header proved to be rather annoying. Although I have never looked at standalone controllers, as I made my own for a fair amount less.

- standalone controller can be found for five dollars.

- Are you sure it's not your LED's? RGB headers produce very little noise.

2 hours ago, Revan654 said:

- standalone controller can be found for five dollars.

- Are you sure it's not your LED's? RGB headers produce very little noise.

Yes, although I would argue as to whether standalone controllers that cost $5 are any good :). Or as configurable as what I have managed to create.

I was actually digitizing an Aura header using arduino ADC to allow me to control 3m or so of individually addressable RGB leds and RGB fans. The headers are not noisy enough to to cause problems with 'standard' 4-pin LED strip, but caused me some quite substantial flashing and inconsistencies with arduino ADC inputs. Since adding some very rudimentary smoothing circuitry to the outputs sorted it, I would argue that the outputs from the MBO do not have even the most basic noise suppression and instead just output noisy PWM from the controller. According to other people who have attempted a similar project on the ROG forums, the older motherboards actually had noisier outputs. I can send you some oscilloscope shots of my C6H if you want.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

On 22/01/2018 at 7:47 PM, unknownmiscreant said:

Digitizing an Aura header proved to be rather annoying

what does it mean?

12 hours ago, pomkon said:

what does it mean?

Basically what I was doing in the guide linked in my signature. Hooking an Aura header up to an arduino to allow the analogue header to be converted to digital values used for individually addressable strips

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s