Any Metalheads here?

Cyberspirit
30 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The new album seems like they went back to this.

How about "Painkiller #2"? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Everyone here needs to check out Frog Leap Studios on youtube. He makes the best metal covers of shitty pop songs.

2 hours ago, Ramrod126 said:

Everyone here needs to check out Frog Leap Studios on youtube. He makes the best metal covers of shitty pop songs.

Amen, Leo is a god in the studio.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Amen, Leo is a god in the studio.

I have seen few of his stuff, and while he has an interesting approach, I just can't stand the digital effects in his voice (like in Californication or Africa for instance).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

More punk & alternative. I can tell you that my brother and dad like metal, though

Hue hue hue.

Recommend "Ne Obliviscaris" for something different.

Also you can have a look at two movis "Metal - A headbanger's jurney", and "Global metal" as they take a look at the music and the culture around metal.

12 hours ago, Ramrod126 said:

As a studio guy I really admire his recordings and his mixing/mastering skills, but as a music lover I don't really care for him.

Shitty songs will be shitty songs no matter how they're executed. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

As a studio guy I really admire his recordings and his mixing/mastering skills, but as a music lover I don't really care for him.

Shitty songs will be shitty songs no matter how they're executed. 

Reveal hidden contents

I really admire his drum tracking.  I almost can't believe  they are recorded off that kit and not programed or triggered in some way.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 1/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, mr moose said:

I really admire his drum tracking.  I almost can't believe  they are recorded off that kit and not programed or triggered in some way.

His drum recordings are really good. I would love to know the signal chain for his drum setup.

[/spoiler]

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

He's drum recordings are really good. I would love to know the signal chain for his drum setup.

Reveal hidden contents

[/spoiler

Maybe he'll do a video too.  Spectre did a 4 parter, I haven't seen it yet though. 

You should check out

Sabaton, Swedish power metal

Amaranthe, also a Swedish power metal band

Van Canto, German  A cappella power metal band,

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

• 5 weeks later...

Heaven shall burn is one of my favorite bands their from Saalfeld, Thuringia,  Germany

On 1/20/2018 at 9:39 AM, Aeternalis said:

Thrash? Ask and you shall receive.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:56 PM, SeriouslyMikey said:

Thrash metal, hmm? My personal favourite genre.

Hide contents

These ones struck me TBH. Been needing to expand my Thrash library. 

I mainly stick to the Big Four, with a heavy leaning on Megadeth (Rust in Piece) and Metallica (Kill 'em all)

Havent seen any Death Angel yet other than one mention, so: 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

39 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

These ones struck me TBH. Been needing to expand my Thrash library. 

I mainly stick to the Big Four, with a heavy leaning on Megadeth (Rust in Piece) and Metallica (Kill 'em all)

Havent seen any Death Angel yet other than one mention, so: 

I love thrash. Death Angel, Dark Angel, Possessed, Whiplash, Vio-Lence, Viovod, Xentrix, Warbringer, Vektor, Toxik, Testament, Toxic Holocaust, Sepultura (up to Roots), Sodom, Sabbat UK, Sacred Reich, S.O.D. Just to name a few. :> 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On 1/19/2018 at 1:39 AM, Cyberspirit said:

Hey, I recently started getting into Metal and, so far I really like what I've heard so, I wanted to ask someone who knows more about the genre for some recommendations.

So far I looked around Spotify and, I've been enjoying some songs on a playlist called Trash Metal.

Depends on what you're after! 

I've found the metal community to be extremely welcoming, badass, and loving, BUT equally can be very divisive when it comes to what is "good" metal and what is "bad" metal. That being said, these are just some of my recommendations.

Five Finger Death Punch (first few albums)

Ghost (or Ghost BC)

Sabaton

Killswitch Engage

Hatebreed

King 810

Parkway Drive

August Burns Red

Trivium

Start adding anything that you like from these bands into a Spotify (or similar) playlist and let the  "song suggestion" algorithm do the rest ;)

And if you need a break but still want thrash

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25