Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Looking for a new laptop with these tags, portable for uni and productivity use, egpu and gaming at home. I thought maybe the dell XPS or Asus Zenbook pro. Let me know your ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 50Sam said:

Looking for a new laptop with these tags, portable for uni and productivity use, egpu and gaming at home. I thought maybe the dell XPS or Asus Zenbook pro. Let me know your ideas?

Just wait for the Ryzen APU laptops that are about to come out, grab one with the fastest dual channel RAM you can find


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just wait for the Ryzen APU laptops that are about to come out, grab one with the fastest dual channel RAM you can find

Yeah I've seen those at CES they look good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 50Sam said:

Looking for a new laptop with these tags, portable for uni and productivity use, egpu and gaming at home. I thought maybe the dell XPS or Asus Zenbook pro. Let me know your ideas?

What is your budget?


If you want an answer, just tag me or message me! ^^

 || CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR4 2133mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Genius DeathTaker GX || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Stinger ||

 

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card( 1080 hopefully if prices drop ) << 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

What is your budget?

I'm just want to know what's available so any I guess ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 50Sam said:

I'm just want to know what's available so any I guess ?

I asked because I could tell you go and buy the ASUS ROG G703VI which is 'just' $5000. There are many laptops both expensive and not that expensive, made for gaming. It all depends on your budget and on the games you would like to play. Because if you want a laptop that can run games smoothly then you won't have problems with the productivity part since it will be a good laptop. 


If you want an answer, just tag me or message me! ^^

 || CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR4 2133mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Genius DeathTaker GX || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Stinger ||

 

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card( 1080 hopefully if prices drop ) << 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, R3ep3r said:

I asked because I could tell you go and buy the ASUS ROG G703VI which is 'just' $5000. There are many laptops both expensive and not that expensive, made for gaming. It all depends on your budget and on the games you would like to play. Because if you want a laptop that can run games smoothly then you won't have problems with the productivity part since it will be a good laptop. 

Well that's an option but I would prefer something that does not look like a gaming machine but like a thin and lite which has 4 cores so I could game at home with an egpu

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps wait for Kaby Lake G Ultrabooks?


Check out my laptop reviews here

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050Ti 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB+Seagate 1TB 5400RPM

Check out my blog here

Laptop ODMsClevo, Tongfang, Quanta

 

My Phone: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [REVIEW] (Blue, with XUNDD hard case)

Spoiler

SDM710 6GB RAM 128GB ROM 6.39" AMOLED 48MP Sony IMX586 rear (AI triple camera)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×