Boycott Proposal to Improve Gaming

AlTech

Many people defend these Companies as if they are paid to do so. These companies wont change unless people vote with the wallet i.e . Don't buy support them :/

My Rigs:

Spoiler

System 1:

Spoiler

Purpose: Gaming

OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 | Mobo: Asrock B150M Pro4 Hyper | GPU: MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G | Storage: 120GB SSD ADATA + 1 TB Seagate Baracuda | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz | PSU: 600 Watt Cooler Master B600 | Display: LG 24MP88HM-S FHD Monitor | Accessories: ASUS Cerberus Gaming KB & Mouse Kit

System 2:

Spoiler

Purpose - NAS/Virtualization

OS: Ubuntu KDE 18.04 | CPU: Core i3 4130 | Mobo: Gigabyte H81M DS2 | RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz | PSU: Corsair VS550 | DVD Drive: LG DVD Multi | Display: Acer G195HQ | Storage: 4TB 1+1+2 | Accessories: Logitech Classic K100 & Leviathan ELE G1 Gaming Mouse.

Laptop: Lenovo Essentials B490

Spoiler

Purpose: Server - HP ProLiant DL360 Gen5

OS: Ubuntu Server 18.04 | CPU: 2 x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5440 4 Cores | RAM : 16 GB DDR2 ECC | Storage: 146GB SAS Disk

Sound System: Creative SBS A-120 2.1

I am in but the problem is hehe there are a vast number of stupid people u mentioned out there who loves to spent their money on lootboxes and i am sure their number is bigger than us.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

You know what would really happen if you boycott these videogames!? 

You're probably gonna find other interests, get outside more and meet new people. 

Personally, I love how League of Legends is implemented. I can wholeheartedly say that the game is "Free to Play". Most of the paid content and loot boxes contain aesthetic improvements. And you can easily get more champions with in-game currency. 

Hearthstone on the other hand is a nightmare. 

>anti-consumer behavior

>Nintendo

???

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

On 1/18/2018 at 5:23 AM, AluminiumTech said:

• Electronic Arts
  • Take Two Interactive (2K Games)
  • Ubisoft
  • Gearbox
  • Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment
  • Activision Blizzard
  • Square Enix
  • Nintendo
  • Bandai Namco
  • Crystal Dynamics
  • Studio Wildcard
  • Sony
  • PUBG Corp/Bluehole Studios
  • Techland
  • Microsoft Studios
  • Bungie
  • DICE
  • WarGaming
  • Valve

What's the justification for all of these? AFAIK PUBG doesn't offer anything other than cosmetics from this system. Is that really so bad? 

I can understand listing Wargaming because it's really REALLY hard to be pro and not spend atleast some money in WoT. Premium ammo, camos (both of which affect gameplay) become a huge drain on your credits if you keep re-applying them with credits everytime they run out which makes buying things like permanent camo with gold very appealing.

Now the F2P game I play: Planetside 2 (DayBreakGames) has a lot of problems, but being P2W isn't one of them. Everything can be purchases with in-game money and is owned PERMANENTLY. 

I'm not going to agree with a list if it just lists every company that uses a F2P model or a loot-box mechanic. It's how P2W the prizes are that really matters.

On 18/01/2018 at 11:04 AM, AluminiumTech said:

That article is old and frankly is written by someone who doesn't understand the gaming industry.

>doesn't understand the gaming industry

Did you even look at his bio? https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/#67a20f6043ab

At least try man...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Thats ridiculous. If you had said dont purchase lootboxes or microtransactions than yes. But you said dont buy or play these games which is ridiculous. 

Wargaming, PUBG, Valve games are all great games I am not going to stop playing them to stop microtransactions.

The Idea is good but the execution is poor.

CPU - i7 6700HQ @ 3.50GHz GPU - GTX 965m - 16 GB DDR4 - 500 GB SSD

For about 750 USD

Laptop Model - Cyberpower Tracer 15

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

wtf LIFE IS STRANGE, HELLO?

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm contains predatory DLC practices such as making a DLC exclusively available to users only at the time of purchasing the base game.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm contains predatory DLC practices such as making a DLC exclusively available to users only at the time of purchasing the base game.

Predatory? Reaching bit far you are lmao

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

lolwat

what is the point of purchasing a DLC if you don't have the base game?

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Hmm, so I shouldnt buy the Life is Strange games, which are cheap and amazing, because Square Enix published them?

Better yet, I will stop buying clothes and eletronics also to boycott underpaid/slave jobs.

And I will not eat food, because agriculture is a massive industry with lots of bad practices...

yeah, no.

I agree with the ideia of waiting before buying and not being STUPID, but a full scale boycott makes no sense (and will never happen anyway)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I don't know, but this is starting to feel like a buyers remorse rant thread.

the DLC is buyable after the base game purchase. Inside the game there is a "buy DLC" option if you didnt get it.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

9 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

lolwat

what is the point of purchasing a DLC if you don't have the base game?

The point is to allow consumers to purchase DLC at a later date and not force consumers to choose if they want the DLC when they buy the base game.

Many consumers purchase games and then contemplate purchasing DLC after playing some part of the base game due to their enjoyment of the game. 

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

The point is to allow consumers to purchase DLC at a later date and not force consumers to choose if they want the DLC when they buy the base game.

Many consumers purchase games and then contemplate purchasing DLC after playing some part of the base game due to their enjoyment of the game. 

you do realize the extra stuff the Deluxe addition adds has zero impact on the game, correct?

those who purchase it will only purchase it because they've played the first game and want to see more Max and Chloe in the bonus episode; it's essentially a given sale for those who enjoyed the original LiS.

it's the only game I've ever pre-ordered with the deluxe stuff because I'd loved the original and wanted to see more of the original characters, along with the new story

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

3 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

you do realize the extra stuff the Deluxe addition adds has zero impact on the game, correct?

If you've purchased and/or played Life Is Strange: Before the Storm, you'd know that the DLC adds an exclusive in game extra bonus episode which most definitely adds to the game and impacts the total playtime of the entire game put together. 

Not allowing the consumer to purchase it after they purchase the base game is not consumer friendly and is honestly insulting and truly anti-consumer. It's only the thing that corporate highers up at companies like Square Enix could want to put in a video game.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If you've purchased and/or played Life Is Strange: Before the Storm, you'd know that the DLC adds an exclusive in game extra bonus episode which most definitely adds to the game and impacts the total playtime of the entire game put together. 

Have you even played LIS BtS? 

2 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Have you even played LIS BtS? 

Yes I have. I've finished the game once fully and I started a second playthrough.

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yes I have. I've finished the game once fully and I started a second playthrough.

then you know the Deluxe edition offers nothing of merit in the base game

Polaroid Spectra System

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Quoting the wrong bit, but I really don't think you understand the game industry if you think it's easy to keep AAA titles at just 60 bucks.  Developers have to pay voice actors/actresses, they have to pay fees for sw/engines and all that fun stuff depending on the license, paying various employees off, etc.  It's not like every company has a guy like John Carmack who can do it all himself in his sleep.  They use DLC expansions and loot boxes to make up for the funds.  They tell you the rates and what you are getting or could get, and if you don't like it don't buy it.  If you'd rather play different types of games than do it.  But, if you think all of that extra content is going to keep your precious AAA title at around 60 USD then you have no idea how much these people have to spend.  By putting all this content at the common "59.99 USD" most AAA companies would be at a loss.  But, hey I think a pizza with every type of topping on it should cost the same as a cheese pizza even if the extras are completely RNG.

Also, considering the value of the buying power of currency has decreased over time, I am surprise the cost has not increased.

Heck, I remember when the price increased to 60 bucks, back then I could buy a game cart for around 45 bucks before that.  Yeah it sucked at the time, but everyone got over it.

Plus, one has to consider, the size of dev teams are larger and spread out.  These teams have to even hire teams to do localizations for games outside of their country.  I don't think a translator going to do good translating work for free.  Also, the level of detail in graphics and textures have increase rapidly since the days of the N64, Sega Dreamcast, and PS.  I remember when people where going o wow at the first 3D Zelda, Final Fantasy, and many other series going 3D for the first time.  Now, darn, the level of detail is nuts compare to the older games.

Now I feel a bit old looking at the Zelda Ocarina of Time release date.

1998 was its release date.

ZELDA_OCARINA_OF_TIME.jpg

Now it is 2018 and we have games looking like this.

1.jpg

Also, to give people I idea of how the dev team sizes have changed over time.

zelda-chart.png

185 for Skyward Sword.

6 for the first Zelda.

By what articles I can find on BoW, the dev team was around 300.

Now, take some time to digest that.  That is 300 people needing to be paid for their skills and time (most probably with degrees they had to drop some serious money into getting).  A wage they can live on and pay for bills and expenses.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 1/18/2018 at 10:23 AM, AluminiumTech said:

For too long, Microtransactions and Lootboxes have plagued our Full Priced AAA video games. For too long, insulting and non-proper DLC and Pre-order bullshit has been a part of this industry.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:23 AM, AluminiumTech said:

WarGaming

Eh? Considering Wargaming most popular titles are F2P and their paid games are no where near AAA-price, why are you including them in the list? If its due to them getting players to pay for premiums then why isn't Gaijin Entertainment included? (not to mention how its actually a pretty mediocre reason as at least in WOWs, premiums aren't that much better than equivalent tech-tree ships). 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I love how Bethesda isn't included in this list with the 9th release of ESV and it's P2W mechanics in ESO. 

>Still hasn't provided solid evidence against half the companies on list.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Haha, I've haven't been buying anything from these companies for years now!

Cause I don't have any money.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16