1080p vs 1440p streaming

So I currently use my 1440p monitor to stream its just 60hz. When I stream I notice that even though my bitrate is 4000ish my stream looks better at 1440p vs 1080p down scaled with the highest quality option for down scaling.  I want to when gpus prices go down atleast get a new monitor. If I want to stream would a 1080p option be better for streaming to twitch? I know i say that 1440p looks better but my internet can't go higher than 4000 bitrate. Anyone have a good suggestion for a 1080p monitor with 144hz and gsync? also reco for 1440p?

Edit: I would also like to add that information on when gsync is active would be nice i've heard some monitors work from 40 fps to like 100 fps and that it varies. 

Ok. So to recap your questions...

1. Should I stream 1440p downscaled to 1080p?

No. I believe you that the quality is better, but (especially if you are getting that 144hz), the difference is marginal, and the more consistent, higher frame rate is more important imho.

2. What is a good 1080p 144hz gsync monitor? or What is a good 1440p gsync monitor?

There are lots. I like Dell stuff because it fits my aesthetic, but Asus and Acer both have good models. But, since budget is a priority for you, here is an AOC model

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1317280-REG/aoc_27_ag271qg_high_performance_gaming.html

Aside: for daily use, I find 1080p insufficient at 27 inches. I can see pixels, and small text isn't very sharp. Above 25 in, get a 1440p or 4K panel, and run games at 1080. 

23 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

What's your PC hardware and what are you using to stream?

1440p is going to look better than 1080p in any event because you start with more pixels/information.

If you can already stream at 1440p I see no reason to go down to 1080p.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

@Bustapalapeno The main reason i was looking to maybe go to 1080p to stream is I think I might be pushing too much information through 4000 bits as for that bitrate 1080p just becomes decent (from what i've heard). Thank you for your reco.

@Streetguru Right now my gpu is holding me back currently a 1050ti but when I get my new monitor i plan to go to the 1080ti hopefully when prices have fallen aswell. Also I can't test if at 1080p that bitrate would look better since the only way for me to try is to downscale which even downscalling above 1080p looks extra blurry since I am downscalling. (could also be because it isn't a 1:1 pixel ratio). While i can stream at 1440p I am not a large channel so i fear a higher resolution might hurt the amount of viewers I could have. 

8 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

@Bustapalapeno The main reason i was looking to maybe go to 1080p to stream is I think I might be pushing too much information through 4000 bits as for that bitrate 1080p just becomes decent (from what i've heard). Thank you for your reco.

@Streetguru Right now my gpu is holding me back currently a 1050ti but when I get my new monitor i plan to go to the 1080ti hopefully when prices have fallen aswell. Also I can't test if at 1080p that bitrate would look better since the only way for me to try is to downscale which even downscalling above 1080p looks extra blurry since I am downscalling. (could also be because it isn't a 1:1 pixel ratio). While i can stream at 1440p I am not a large channel so i fear a higher resolution might hurt the amount of viewers I could have. 

Are you using shadowplay to stream?

There's no such thing as pushing too much information through X bitrate

Pretty sure youtube/twitch have downscaling options for viewers

In general for the highest quality stream you want to start the largest resolution, with the most pre-processing(?term?) before it's sent out through whatever bitrate you send.

Like for OBS under CPU usage if you start at Faster vs Ultra Fast, Faster is going to look better even at the same bit rate.

You also don't need a 1080ti for 1440p 60hz, even a 1060 6GB/RX 580 8GB or 1070 ti/Vega 56 at the most

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

@Streetguru No im using obs and my preset is medium I have a r7 1700 since league mainly uses one core I can max it so it looks nice. Twitch has downscaling I believe if you are partnered soo it still posses as a problem. Ill test it some more to see aka look at 1080p streams ask for their settings and such. Thank you for your advice.

38 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

Anyone have a good suggestion for a 1080p monitor with 144hz and gsync? also reco for 1440p?

And to follow the GPU stuff G-sync is a waste of money, would not suggest buying into it when free-sync displays are $100 less and will still be a solid display

If you're in the US at least

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/63qR23
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/63qR23/by_merchant/

Monitor: AOC - G2460PG 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($299.99 @ Best Buy)
Monitor: AOC - G2460PF 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($204.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $504.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-17 19:18 EST-0500

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

Then post your all your OBS settings, and consider using CPU affinity to ensure OBS gets more cores/threads

But ya then to get the most quality out of whatever lower bitrate you want just change the CPU usage to faster if possible, or whatever ends up being the highest quality you can use there. But if you're starting at 1440p downscale to 720p before sending it out? If twitch doesn't actually have quality options by default.

Apparently twitch only supports up to 1080p output?

You can also just run the game windowed at 1080p if you want to avoid any blur from downscaling to an off resolution.

Spoiler

@StreetguruThank you for your suggestion I am not sure tbh if ill get a vega 64 or nividia 1080ti I know there respectable performance but with gpu prices it might be worth it to go AMD. I notice screentearing extremely easily I use riva tuner and v sync to work with it. I thought that g sync would be a nice way to allow for a high framerate and no screen tearing. I have heard that its almost hard to notice since the screen updates soo quickly. Ill continue to mess with settings if I find that at my bitrate 1080p is better and I find a monitor that also has g sync ill probably get it. 1080p is starting to phase out so its becoming harder to find. Thank you

Just now, Ohsnaps said:

You can just enable Fast Sync to get rid of screen tearing so long as your frame rate remains above 60

But if you're going to upgrade your GPU at some point then ya go for AMD + Free-sync since it should always be cheaper.

Screen tearing is less noticeable at 144hz in general ya.

Edited my other post
You can also just run the game windowed at 1080p if you want to avoid any blur from downscaling to an off resolution.

Spoiler