Before You Buy Gaming Mice (General Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Popular Mouse Sensor,Mice Recommendation,And Many More!)

Hiya!

:( Just checked Newegg, G502 is the exact same price as the G600, it has plenty of buttons too. I've made up my mind, if the G600 doesn't work out well enough by the end of this week I'll try exchanging for the G502, maybe then Newegg will cover shipping because on returns I know they don't.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

3 hours ago, Mike Soda said:

:( Just checked Newegg, G502 is the exact same price as the G600, it has plenty of buttons too. I've made up my mind, if the G600 doesn't work out well enough by the end of this week I'll try exchanging for the G502, maybe then Newegg will cover shipping because on returns I know they don't.

Yes the price of G502 has been down for a while, Just fyi G502 isn't the most comfortable mouse in the market but its a great mouse overall.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

7 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Yes the price of G502 has been down for a while, Just fyi G502 isn't the most comfortable mouse in the market but its a great mouse overall.

Yeah I saw some reviews on that, got my G600 now & am going to post a review in progress thread in the mice category of this forum in a few minutes.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

18 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Yeah I saw some reviews on that, got my G600 now & am going to post a review in progress thread in the mice category of this forum in a few minutes.

Post it in the member review section

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Post it in the member review section

Opps, already did under Peripherals, hopefully a forum mod will move it for me as I'm not sure how to request that.

2 hours ago, Mike Soda said:

Opps, already did under Peripherals, hopefully a forum mod will move it for me as I'm not sure how to request that.

Tag me so i can find the thread okay?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

More information added

-What makes a good gaming mouse

-And now mice are sorted by brand

More mice will be added in the future.

Cause i am busy :(

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly mice sensor, poll rate, laser/optical, high DPI, and other metrics won't make a difference in your gaming beyond a basic level of competency.

A DPI switcher, good ergonomic grip and few side buttons can help though.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

6 hours ago, minervx said:

Honestly mice sensor, poll rate, laser/optical, high DPI, and other metrics won't make a difference in your gaming beyond a basic level of competency.

A DPI switcher, good ergonomic grip and few side buttons can help though.

That is actually depends on the player.
Some player swore that they notice a difference whether its true or just because of placebo effect and some player can't.

Perhaps but that is why they exist because elite competitive league tournament do exist and those things could be a contributing factor to them.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

More mice added :

-Razer basilisk ( The best all around gaming mouse with awesome gimmick rivaling the G502 )

-Razer atheris ( Razer own version of MX ANYWHERE )

-Finalmouse UltraLight Pro ( The lightest mouse on the planet with no LED and Gimmick, Crafted for serious gamer who doesn't have TyroPhobia)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

4 hours ago, acheahead said:

One question:
How many of these mice have you actually tried and own yourself?

The hand size is a rough guide and just because it says FPS that doesnt mean u cant use it for other games the same goes for the grip style.

The only mice i have tried in my whole life are Razer Deathadder chroma/elite,Logitech G402/G502,Mionix Castor,MX518,G102/203,Roccat Tyon and Rival 300.

So no i dont own or have tried all mice in this suggestion section.

I gathered all the info i can get from google like the official website and put it in here.

- You have the G403 listed in one category (Large), and the G603 in another (Small/Medium) yet they're exactly the same dimensions with only the weight in difference.

Thank you perhaps i did some mistakes.
Going to fix it right away.

- Also no mentioning of button shapes ^^

What for? people rarely mentioned button shape.
Any reason why i should do it?

- MMO mice don't need 12.000 buttons; People who do that aren't using their other hand for gaming :o (In WoW you can macro, Shift+, Ctrl+ and rebind/macro everything to your liking :x)

I kinda disagree as most people did use macro on their mice for MMO.
And most mice that marketed as MMO mice will always have TONS of buttons.

And not all keyboard has dedicated macro button especially the cheaper one, even though u can macro shift,ctrl,etc

I mean even if u are one those people who doesn't need tons of button, you have to admit it that it is convenient to impose a spell without even touching the keyboard. or u doesnt have to admit it if u still disagree.

Because just like keyboard mice is all about personal preferences and debating over personal preferences is silly.

Some people may use their keyboard, some people may prefer to use macros on their mice and use their keyboard for something else....

I checked a bit more, and no it's not a 3310.. It's some weirdo, up-to 7200dpi sensor I've never heard of.
So where does this comparison stem from? Personal comparison, a news article, forum debate or something else?

Really? because its made by our beloved PIXART.

PMW3330.

http://www.pixart.com.tw/product_data.asp?product_id=158&productclassify_id=1&productclassify2_id=3&productclassify_name=&productclassify2_name=&partnumber=PMW3330DM-TZQU

PMW3360

http://www.pixart.com.tw/product_data.asp?product_id=159&productclassify_id=1&productclassify2_id=3&productclassify_name=&productclassify2_name=&partnumber=PMW3360DM-T2QU

Gaming mice that used PWM3330 list from overclocker forum.

Spoiler
PMW3330    
  Coolermaster MasterMouse S
  Cougar Surpassion
  Genesis Krypton 800
  Mad Catz R.A.T. 4+
  Mad Catz R.A.T. Pro S+
  Mad Catz R.A.T. S3
  Modecom MC-GMX4
  MSI Clutch GM60
  SkyDigital NKEY G007
  Steelseries Raw Optical
  Talentech Ember Pro
  ThunderX3 AM7
  ThunderX3 TM55
PMW3339    
  Razer Abyssus Elite
  Razer Jugan

- What I'm trying to get at: It doesn't seem like a sensor used in any main stream gaming hardware and more like a budget/entry gaming style of sensor.
If the 3360/66 sensor should be compared to any sensor, at least imo, it should be compared to the sensor it succeeded (ty google) - The 3310.

3310 is a budget sensor and 3360 is a high end sensor.
I already described the pros and cons of both sensor and it wouldn't be a fair comparison if i did.

The reason why i compared the 3330 vs 3360 because from the specs sheet the PWM3330 is a basically a cutdown version of the PWM3360 and it suppose to give us half of the performance of the PWM3360. But in real world scenarios most people cant really tell the difference between the two.

What i am trying to say is that, Unlike the old days sensor is really important for FPS gamer even the legendary MX518 with it's a3080 sensor that has inherent angle snapping that cannot be turned off are considered to be the best gaming mouse at the time.

But now gaming mice sensor are way too overkill to the point its not even matter anymore.

Thats why manufacture always come up with their own gimmick for each of their new product.

Rgb here,Rgb there,reducing lift off distance that wont give u any benefit at all,vibration feedback,oled display,heart rate detector,modular button,etc,etc you know the drill.

That is why i said

So in a nutshell as long it has a good sensor don't bother with it and prioritize more on shape,weight and button

So unlike the 3330 vs 3360.

I agree that Jumping from 3310 to 3360 is a great upgrade and i am sure most people even a casual gamer would be able to tell the differences especially from the lift off distance,dpi,acceleration and tilt slam (if u use it) ;)
The differences between the two is like day/night for me because its obvious when u compare a budget oriented one and high end one.

That being said,there are individual who still use PMW3310 on certain mouse because the button,weight and shape of the mouse gives them more advantages than the sensor.

Myself for example. I like the 3389 on the Deathadder Elite because its feel smooth and much more responsive than PMW3360 but because i have a very small hand (petite) deathadder is way too BIG for me.

And i ended up with the Castor although its not the most comfortable mouse i've tried, the shape suits me really well especially the pinky rest that considered to be annoying by many because its kinda forced your finger position. (unsafe shape)

Thank you i appreciate your input :x

So dont hesitate if u have some more suggestion,advice or rants perhaps? :P dont worry i wont bite, i am a peaceful non aggressive type unless provoked :P (and let me tell you, its not easy to make me mad)

Because i too still have so much to learn.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

6 hours ago, acheahead said:

Dayum what a wall I made.. I was going to suggest maybe removing the lengthy comments to make it more readable for other users, and maybe move our "discussion" into PM if needed - But then I thought of spoilers :D They'll work, at least for now :D
I apologize for the wall, but I tried to not edit as much as possible.

Thanks for occupying my evening, having me research, look at links/videos/sheets etc :dry:
Hahah no, I like it :D Keep up the good job!

Your welcome lol..

As u say so here's my respond under a spoiler.

Spoiler

Sorry for the delayed response - Life and all :D

I'll preface it by saying: I dislike top 10's in general when they rely so heavily on personal preference.
It's like listing a personal top 10 of ice creams - A bad example, but I think it'll do.
What I like about http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/ is that he's very open about it - It's HIS list, and his only.
"The list you’ll see next is based on what I’d recommend, but take it as a suggestion only! You still need to decide what’s right for you."

.. But I'm kinda of unsure what to conclude from this: His own personal top 10 includes the G303, yet his "Find a Mouse guide" doesn't feature it in any of the hand size categories.
A crude person would think he removed it/hasn't added it because it's pretty unavailable (no 2-3% :D) another assumption could be it's due to drama about it.
I've torn mine apart two times to fix my Left mouse click, it worked the second time and it feels better than ever! (Thinking about doing the same mod to other buttons xD)

That's why i dislike top ten as well.

I don't care about his top 10 list or whatever.

I prefer to watch his videos on the mouse and decide for myself.

And I'm afraid it might also be mostly a personal "hatred" towards MMO mice, rather than a viable conclusion.
I simply just hate (No quotes! xD) them and see no reason for them other than brands trying to push out more sales due to faulty units.
A mouse with 12 extra buttons, that usually uses inferior switches than the main buttons, should be more prone to failure - At least in theory.

Well as long you buy a high quality mice like roccat nyth or corsair scimitar i am sure you wont have any problem with the button unlike razer.
On top of that you still have a warranty, if its faulty just rma it.

A budget sensor still widely used by any respectable company who hasn't jumped on the 3360 wagon yet compared to the "mid-range sensor" that is the 3330.
While talking sheets let's compare the 3310 to the 3330 - The 3330 only provides little improvements, if we only look at the spec sheet, compared to the "major leap" it takes going from either to the 3360.

Most gaming mice from respectable company used 3360 nowadays trust me that is unless you are talking about a mice from the past 2-4 years.

What real world scenarios? :P If strictly talking about general usage it shouldn't be a factor when buying/looking/comparing gaming mice.
I'm in the camp of people that felt a major improvement going from the 3310<3366.
Sure I'm not a pro gamer, nor do I even play CSGO that active-/competitively but again I felt a vast improvement in switching sensors.

Gaming of course, We are talking about gaming mice aren't we?

Even Z can't really tell the difference between mercury and 3360 and even if he does the differences is very subtle.

I'd still like to try a hard mat with a laser sensor, since I'm still under the assumption that what I disliked about the sensei might've been my cloth mat.
.. then again it might not've been.
The point I'm trying to make: I went from the Lasery Sensei to the Rival 300 and felt suuuuch an improvement I couldn't believe it.
I was suddenly capable of hitting targets, flick awping etc. Stuff I struggled with during the Sensei.

A lot of user had issues with the sensei and most people that posted their issues on youtube are using a clothpad.

But there are people who still have some issues even thought they are already using a hardpad.

For all I know they might "need" those huge increase in numbers (Increased DPI/IPS etc) to gain those major gains that I'm seeing/feeling.

Increasing IPS might help although most people are already satisfied with the 3360..so even though they can the differences would be very subtle.

But there are individual who swore that they notice an improvement switching from 3360 to 3366 so increasing the IPS and whatnot might make em happier.

As for lift off distance I'm not sure as I have no issue with my own. I don't lift my mouse that often.

You'll be surprised on how Pro player always reposition their mice, lift em up and whip em around like a lunatic lol

Which is why I actually started gibbering xD
I still dislike the section/comparison between the 3330 and 3360 EVEN taking into consideration what ze mighty Rocketjumpninja says.

~Blablablabla just go with the 3310 if nothing else is available its a good sensor -Rocketjump

No no no that's not what i am trying to say.
What i am trying to say is that as long as the sensor is good enough FOR YOU then don't bother with it.

So if the 3310 is good enough for you then good and as i said there are some mice which can give you more advantages because of the shape and button rather than the sensor.

As i still saw some people still rocking 3310 because they love the shape and struggled to find a similar mice with the same shape but with superior sensor.

I am not trying to say just get the 3310 because its a good sensor like what Z said in his videos.

Again i said that because nowadays most gaming mice use either customized 3360 or another Customized high end sensor and it will continue that way.

This guide is not for a PRO, So even if i said "dont bother with the sensor" and if they (Pros) read it i am sure they wont go with the 3310 unless there are other factor that give them more benefit than the sensor in which they probably already knew and won't bother reading this guide anyway.

So if you are for example a newbie and stuck between the G PRO and the G102/203 then don't bother with it because the sensor perform really similar as described in this guide on the popular gaming sensor section.

What i am really trying to say is that unlike the old days when sensor is still an important factor that we should consider when buying a gaming mouse, Nowadays Most gaming mice already has overkill sensor and its not even worth the time to compare the performance of "these overkill sensor" because the differences between them are very subtle.
That is the reason on why i compare the 3330 and 3360 so i can show the reader some idea on why they shouldn't bother with the sensor nowadays.

Still though that doesn't mean that u shouldn't do your research on the sensor before pulling the trigger.

^ He also rates the 3330 as a.. yep, cut down version of the 3360 but fails to compare the two of them (Mercury and 3330) :dry:
Furthermore he rants about the QA on the Cooler Master, and talks about the weight being annoying and it should be removed from future releases (and recommends people buying extra feet if they want to remove it as well) - Yet it's listed 9 on his list..
YET AGAIN he feels he hits as good with it as with his number one pick and goes on in the description about how he's torn between it and his beloved FK2 o.O

Well because if you are reviewing more than a hundred mice like Z.

That would probably happened to you too lol

Because you got confused and overwhelmed and in the end u said Scr*w it, imma putting this on my 9 list and then waiting for people to complain about your decision.

And if the number of those people is high enough, Only then you would consider to take their word and do what they want (you can't lose your fame :P, Give people what they want )

AH! And a quick note: I did notice the debunking of laser on cloth links etc..
I love Logitech, but I still don't trust them on this subject xD My G303 and Pro have tracking issues on their OWN GOD DAMN MAT with factory settings/tuning xD

Strange my G402 and castor work fine.

U might need to contact logitech for that or ask around the overclock forum.

And here's the part about petite hands: I was going to offer maybe shipping my G Pro to you, but then noticed you already do have a 102/203 xD
So other than you trying a new sensor that wouldn't help anything at all lol..

Ehhhh :$..no no another forum member has offered me their G700s for free which....i can't even describe it.

I always wanted that mouse for a really long time because i want to collect them. But because its a discontinued product and you wouldn't believe how much they charge someone for a discontinued product in here.

G700s cost freakin $150-250 USD used and new.

As much as i loved to accept it but i am a girl who still live with my parents and i always ask/need their permission for EVERYTHING.

And my parents is, You know definetly not a techies and they view a computer as a piece of junk.

So when i asked their permission they said " No dont accept item from stranger especially when u met them online, and u already got like 3 mouse at home "

End of the story.

To give you some general idea on how my parents like can be viewed on this thread.

What was your issue with the shape of it? For me it was simply to slim, which makes it sound a bit strange it didn't fit your petite hands :P

First i dont like the aesthetic and second uhmm what was it called? a hump? the hump on the back is a bit too high and too wide for me.

And it has no rubberized texture on the side to prevent my finger from slipping.

I only have 3 mice right now. MX518 as a part of my collection, the castor for my gaming needs and G402 as my daily driver in which u can read my review in here.

I sold my deathadder because it was too big, sold my g502 because it was too big as well and its feel uncomfortable on my hand and i dont like the aesthetic either, sold my g102 cause well u already knew the reason, sold my tyon because the laser sensor fail me and i never own rival 300, it is my friend's mouse i just borrow it to see if it fits my hand but of course it was too big.

What i really want is a wireless mouse that use cooler master mastermouse S shell with mx master or razer lancehead aesthetic and equip with HERO sensor.

And it seems a lot of people really want a wireless version of G502 with HERO sensor but logitech already has G900 for that so i dont think its going to happen.

Thank you for your input really.
I have some fun time discussing this with you.

Just Fyi my status in this forum is inactive because i got a lot of college stuff to do irl.

But i still keep on checking just in case someone posted something on my guide.

And i will also keep on updating this guide like adding more mice or adding more info in the future..

I also need to correct some of the grammatical mistakes on this guide :P

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

• 2 weeks later...

I generally feel like 4-8 side-buttons is ideal for a mouse.  12 buttons might be good for MMO players, but excessive for most.

The benefits of side buttons on a mouse are that you can intuitively press them without much effort involved.  The problem with 12 buttons is that it's hard to get my thumb to differentiate between them because there are so many of them and they are so tiny.  As a result, I only use 4 of them in games anyway, because the further out my thumb branches, the more likely a risk of a typo is.  Six larger buttons is probably better for most games than 12 tiny ones.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

12 hours ago, minervx said:

I generally feel like 4-8 side-buttons is ideal for a mouse.  12 buttons might be good for MMO players, but excessive for most.

The benefits of side buttons on a mouse are that you can intuitively press them without much effort involved.  The problem with 12 buttons is that it's hard to get my thumb to differentiate between them because there are so many of them and they are so tiny.  As a result, I only use 4 of them in games anyway, because the further out my thumb branches, the more likely a risk of a typo is.  Six larger buttons is probably better for most games than 12 tiny ones.

Its a matter of adjusting your finger and get used to it.

But some mice has an awful button placement like the original razer naga or the hex v2.

Mice like Corsair Scimitar allow you to move the buttons placement by sliding it and lock it in places and other mice such as roccat nyth has removable rather big side buttons.

While other mice such as Roccat tyon/leadr/rival 500 has buttons that scattered around the mouse rather than just crammed together on the side.

I think Rival 500 or roccat leadr would be better for you..or if u want to have both 6-7 and 12 side buttons option take a look at the razer naga trinity.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

• 1 month later...
On 17/1/2018 at 2:04 AM, Hiya! said:

Tehehe i hope so xP

On 17/1/2018 at 1:57 AM, Hiya! said:

Shopping for mice is simple.
You find a mouse that suits your budget and preferences.
But why there are so many mice out there with Laser and Optical sensor? High Dpi? And use Different optical and laser sensor such as PMW3310/3360/S9800?
And why is there a gaming mouse anyway? Can we just buy a regular mice and use it for everything?
For casual gaming you might be fine with it but for FPS, especially competitive match, then you will need a gaming mouse.
Why? Because general optical mouse sensor won't be able to keep up with your hand movement and will fail you in the end.
Many pro FPS player move their hand at around 2-3m/s, and because of this they need a sensor that can keep up with their speed and these sensors are usually found in gaming mice.
That being said, that doesn't mean you don't need a gaming mouse if you are just a casual gamer, having a great sensor and features such as tons of buttons for macros or MMO is nice to have.

Contents :

1.General Terms

2.Optical Vs Laser Sensor

3.Mouse Dpi/Cpi

4.What Makes a Good Gaming Mouse?

5.Popular Gaming Mice Sensor (pros and cons of each sensor)

6.What To Look And What To Ignore?

7.Mice Suggestion

8.The Best Mouse You Can Buy (in it's own way)

Before we begin I must remind you that there's no such things as a perfect mouse, because everyone has their own preferences.
You don't always have to buy the best mouse. It may have the best sensor, the best build quality and the best feature but what if it doesn't suit your hand or grip style? You'll end up feeling uncomfortable when using it for long periods of time.
That's why people tend to find a mouse that is perfect for their hand and grip style and sacrifice sensor performance and features, as long as the sensor is good enough for their needs.
But again, everyone is different! Some people might prefer performance over comfort and vice versa.
So a good mouse is a mouse that will suit your budget, your hand and general preferences, You don't always have to buy the best mouse.
And I apologize if there's any grammatical mistakes because English is not my native language.
And if somehow there are some mistakes in this thread then please correct me and I will update the thread because I am no expert and people make mistakes

1.General Terms

Reveal hidden contents

Mouse Acceleration: A mouse with acceleration will often refer as inaccurate.
But what is mouse acceleration?
In short is when cursor distance increases if the mouse is move quickly.
Whether its caused by the inconsistency of the sensor in tracking at different speed or using the acceleration features itself.
Using acceleration will make the mouse less accurate because each time you whip your mouse at high speed the cursor doesn't stop at where it should be.
But there are individuals who love to use acceleration for some reason.
Some say all sensor has an acceleration but its very very small to the point its not worth mentioning because people wont be able to tell the difference, Even some manufacturer stated that their sensor has ZERO acceleration so lets just agree with them.

Mouse Smoothing: Its a raw input data interpolation to prevent jerky movement in low resolution sensor (its no longer necessary as most mice on the market already has more than 800dpi)

Perfect Control Speed: Its how good a sensor can perform when tracking without any acceleration or other kind of interpolation or software tricks its measured in IPS (inches per second)

Sujoy from ESREALITY in his Mouse benchmark of 2007 define PCS as " I define Perfect Control as the top speed up to which the mouse performs exactly as it should "

Malfunction Speed: Its the maximum speed of a sensor when track any movement before its loses tracks measured in G Force (20G/30/50G, Etc)
When u exceed your malfunction speed, Anything can happen and usually the sensor will spin out.
Most human cant do more than 20G of acceleration which PMW3310 sensor can handle but some can, Cause there are always that person with their sick 360 no scope :P

Polling Rate: Its the rate at which mouse sensor updates it's information regarding it's position or movement measured in Hz

Lift Off Distance: Its how high a mice sensor can still track your movement when you lift the mouse from the mat. In FPS game the lower the better because u don't want to mess up your aim when you are trying to reposition the mouse.
Usually anything under 2/1DVD wont mess up with your aim. 1DVD=1.2mm
If you want a high lift off distance get a mice with laser sensor

Spin out: Its when Mouse sensor loses track on what you are pointing, This usually happens if you swipe the mouse sideways while coming down at an awkward angle, AKA, a Tilt Slam or when moving your mouse extremely fast, This causes the cursor to go up or down when you're trying to move left or right, or vice versa.
(If you use Tilt Slam technique get a mice with Mercury sensor, Truemove1, Hero sensor, PMW3330 or above)

Jitter: Its when mouse sensor having trouble to track a very slow movement (pixel by pixel). A perfect example is when you're trying to draw a straight line but your cursor just going up and down and fail you or it won't respond to a very slow movement at all. (the main issue of laser sensor)
Of course u wont be able to a draw a perfect straight line but the point is a good sensor will be able to pickup a very slow movement (pixel by pixel) without being too jittery or skippy.
When doing pixel by pixel test, If you try to draw a straight line and if the line with the pixels is closely knit together it indicates that is a good sensor but if there's a slight/large gap then that means the sensor is inconsistent in its tracking.
What u want to avoid is that when a mice is able to draw a perfect straight line without enabling mouse prediction that means the sensor has inherent mouse prediction and its bad because it wont translate your muscle to cursor movement accurately.

Mouse Prediction a.k.a Drift Control & Angle Snapping : Its a software/prediction mechanism to help draw straight line (I don't recommend enabling it in games because it can mess with your aim.) and some mice in the past has inherent Angle snapping that cannot be turned off (MX518) but that problem no longer exist with modern mouse sensor.

2.Laser Vs Optical

Reveal hidden contents

There is always a misunderstanding when people debated over laser vs optical.
Laser sensor is actually an optical, Its just use laser as an illumination.
And Majority of people especially non techies think that laser is better because its more modern, It can achieve more Dpi/Cpi Modern optical can achieve a high dpi/cpi just like laser sensor and yes it also can track on your glass window.

Well its true, Laser sensor is indeed more modern, It can achieve more Dpi/Cpi and it can track on any surfaces like glass or white surfaces or any glossy surfaces.
But just because it has more Dpi and can track on glass that doesn't mean its superior than optical.
This is because Dpi/Cpi is the measurement for sensor sensitivity and people thought the more the DPi the better it is.
Dpi has nothing to do with the mouse accuracy.

For example a mice with high sensitivity the cursor will move farther and low sensitivity will move shorter if u move the mouse at the same distance and both can have the same accuracy.
Yes, Your cursor will move at like 12000Dpi or 400Dpi but it doesn't always move accurately and precisely to where you move it, Sometimes it will jitter Or worse spin out.
Laser sensor will struggle on tracking your mousepad especially cloth because laser sensor track deeper and reveal more details hence gives the sensor unnecessary information and all laser sensor had inconsistent tracking and acceleration issues, it is also struggle on tracking a very slow movement.

That is why Optical is superior because its more accurate, more reliable and precise cause they have higher malfunction and perfect control speeds, And they don't have any issues that laser sensor still has.
The only reason to buy a mice with laser sensor is if you want to use it on any surfaces and have a good ergonomic like the Mx Master.
If you are a competitive player don't buy a mice with laser sensor cause it will fail you.
But it might be okay for MMO/MOBA/RTS gamer.

Wait? Are u saying that they don't track well on clothpad? what about hardpad?
Well they track well on hardpad but still inferior than an optical with a clothpad, On top of that as i mentioned above optical has higher perfect control and malfunction speed that is why all FPS mice are using optical and not everyone like the feeling of a glossy hardpad surface under their hand.

And for those who think " NO LASER SENSOR IS STILL SUPERIOR THAN OPTICAL WHERE IS YOUR PROOF ANYWAY!!???"

Proof they track deeper on clothpad " Quoted from Francois Morier who work for logitech by pc gamer http://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-mouse-myths-busted/ "

Reveal hidden contents

Morier: “The laser light has a different wavelength. It is more looking into the structure of the material than the normal LED light, which is more surface illumination. It makes [the laser] more sensitive to the roughness of the surface....The LED is more staying on the top of the surface, so it’s very reproducible. On the top of the surface you have peaks, and it’s only counting the peaks.

“If you look at the cloth pads that are made out of a structure of fibers, the laser is so accurate it ... is showing you the nature of the structure. You don’t care about that. You just want to measure a distance ... The laser will really go down into the surface and then, especially at low speed, will behave very differently. This is the reason you have a big difference between low and high speed.”

Laser-illuminated sensors work extremely well on hard pads, but on soft pads with more surface depth, they’re picking up too much useless information, which leads to discrepancies in how they track at different speeds. This is what most people call “acceleration,” but Morier calls it “resolution error versus speed.” (More on that in a second).

So how much difference is there between optical and laser-illuminated sensors, ultimately? According to Morier, laser-illuminated sensors have a 5-6 percent variation in tracking at different speeds. For the best optical sensors, that number is below 1 percent.

Proof they had inconsistent tracking and acceleration issues "Quoted from Chris pate and morior from the same article"

Reveal hidden contents

Pate: “Acceleration as it’s understood by people on the internet, particularly as it’s applied to a certain family of laser-illuminated sensors, is actually an issue with accuracy relative to the speed that the mouse is being moved. It’s not that the mouse has an inherent amount of acceleration in a positive or negative direction. What it has is a difficulty to make the cursor travel the same distance if you move the mouse the same physical distance at different speeds. It’s real difficult to kind of parse everything that I just said, and it’s real easy to say ‘laser has acceleration.’”

François Morier calls acceleration “resolution error versus speed,” but it’s important to note that in this context, “resolution” has nothing to do with image quality (don’t be thinking 1080p vs. 4K, etc).

Morier: “Resolution to me, means the translation between your hand movement and the distance you cover on the screen. It’s just a factor of relation between, I move one inch, how many pixels I’ve covered on the screen. This is the resolution.”

It’s not that the mouse cursor or sensor is accelerating when you move the mouse different speeds. The problem is there’s a discrepancy between the data the mouse is reading at those different speeds. Describing why that happens is pretty complicated, and we’ll delve into the really technical stuff in the next myth, about DPI. But on the high level, resolution error versus speed happens due to mouse sensors picking up too much noise in their image as they scan the mousing surface. As you may remember from the last myth, this is more common in laser-illuminated mice.

More proof

Reveal hidden contents

5a5c491998103_smithgoogle.JPG.687a12db38e3cc5e11377993debb486d.JPG

You can find tons of proof on why optical is superior with that thing.

3.Dpi/Cpi

Reveal hidden contents

Stands for Dot per inch or Count per inch
Its the measurement of how sensitive the mouse sensor is.
The higher the Dpi/Cpi the farther the cursor will moves on your screen when you move your mouse and vice versa.

Its the resolution of the sensor and usually u won't need more than 4000dpi unless u are using idk triple 8k monitor or something or maybe u are a really really high sensitivity player.
It has nothing to do with the mouse accuracy and many companies especially "GAMING" companies take advantage from this misunderstanding and often boost their mice DPi/Cpi whether by using laser sensor or software tricks,I am sure u often see a big bold statement on the box like "this mouse can achieve 12.000 DPI now buy it will ya?"
Having a ridiculously high dpi is useless as it will be bottlenecked by your monitor and I mean who use 12k dpi while gaming or in a desktop? If you do then try not get drowned in the pool of your own blood in games and good luck on trying to click that ICON on your desktop

4.What Makes a Good Gaming Mouse?

Reveal hidden contents

In this section i'll give you some idea on what makes a good gaming mouse based on the games genre rather than a general advice.
But first, I am not a hardcore MOBA/RTS/MMO player i mainly play FPS mostly non competitive but i do play some competitive match sometimes so if i happen to make some mistakes on this section, Please feel free to correct me and i will update the thread.

-What makes a good FPS mouse?

Reveal hidden contents

I am sure most of you already know the answer and that is the sensor.
Sensor is the #1 Priority on choosing a mouse for FPS, But most gaming sensor are so overkill nowadays with 12k Cpi and 50G of acceleration which no human on earth would be able to max out the sensor and most people can't really tell the difference between a mid-range sensor such as PMW3330 vs high end sensor such as PMW3360 which is strange because PMW3330 is basically a cutdown version of PMW3360 and in theory it should give us half of the performance of the 3360 Sensor.

Logitech G PRO and G102/203 is the best example for this, The G PRO and G102/203 have the same shape but use different sensor PMW3360 on the G PRO and MERCURY on the G102/203 and they perform very similar with G102/203 being sold with half of the price.
So in a nutshell as long it has a good sensor and its good enough for you then don't bother with it and prioritize more on shape,weight and button.

Now the weight, Most FPS player prefer a light mouse preferably under 100Grams because its easier to move and aim with it.
Heavy mice will slow you down but allowing you to have more control even though you are using speed mat but of course there are individuals who are no bothered by the weight.

A good FPS mice will also have a safe shape meaning it won't force your finger position into certain places and will suits the hand of most people, A perfect example is Zowie Mice because most of them didn't have any sharp edges nor weird gaming lamborghini aesthetic or pinky finger rest.
And a good example for unsafe mice is the logitech G302/303 with it's weird diamond shape and mionix castor with it's pinky rest.
But not all mice with gaming aesthetic will be uncomfortable to use, G502 and G900 for example, Are loved by many.

And last is the button, For FPS you usually just going to need 3 extra button that is 2 side button and 1 dpi switch.
Hey what about sniper button? its a nice to have although most people won't be using it especially for competitive games.

-What makes a good MOBA mouse?

Reveal hidden contents

For MOBA you don't really need tons of button but admit it that it is convenient to impose a spell without even touching the keyboard, Its not a must though more like nice to have.
And not only that the button has to be light to press and have a long lifespan because you will be clicking them a LOT, But it is also must have a good tactile feedback.
The other factor is that make sure the material the mouse is made of does not allow your palms to get sweaty and it must have a good ergonomic as well.

Although most MOBA player prefer smaller mice, I think its just a matter of personal preferences based on how big your hand is.

And last is the DPI, MOBA player will often use HIGH dpi so they don't have to move their mouse around too far. It's not a big issue because most gaming mice has more than 4000dpi anyway, Just make sure it has a good sensor that has no noticeable acceleration and can actually achieve more than 4000 dpi without nasty software interpolation because MOBA player need to perform fast and accurate click, So a good sensor is a must but it doesn't have to be a top optical, Any decent laser/optical would do just fine.

And IMO a good FPS mice is a good moba mice.

-What makes a good RTS mouse

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing,A good FPS mice or any all around gaming mice is a good RTS mice.

-What makes a good MMO mouse

Reveal hidden contents

Aside from it must have plenty of button for swapping spells and skills, A good MMO mice must also have a good ergonomic because you will 100% spend a lot of time on that genre.

Usually most MMO player prefer larger mice such as Roccat Nyth/Corsair Scimitar because its more comfortable to use for a long gaming sessions.

Did i mentioned the button? Right, MMO mice must have a lot of button for macros and its must be well placed and easy to reach so you should be able to tell the side buttons apart without looking at them.

It is also must have a good software that would allow you to swap between profiles on the fly and offer decent number of configuration options.
And finally the sensor, For MMO you don't really need a top optical sensor even decent laser sensor will be fine because MMO its a slow paced games.

5.Popular Gaming Mice Sensor (Pros and cons)

Reveal hidden contents

Just because its labeled as "GAMING" that doesn't mean its an overpriced product like any other gaming product or just act as a gimmick.

I mean sure gaming mice has it's gimmick but it also has the best,the most accurate and precise sensor.

And there are sooo many mice sensor out there but i am just going to cover only the most popular.

-Starting with PMW3310 sensor.

Specs :

Reveal hidden contents

Resolution : 5000

Speed/Acceleration : 130ips/30g

Illumination : IR LED

PMW3310 is a budget oriented sensor often found within budget entry level mice.

It has an acceleration but its so small and consistent you probably wont be able to tell the difference when using it.

It has high LOD about 2mm but its not a big issues although some mice will offer an option to adjust the LOD.

It has issues with Tilt slam and it can spin out if u manage to move the mouse extremely fast and it can get jittery too but its rarely happen and idk why.

-PMW3330

Specs:

Reveal hidden contents

Resolution : 7200cpi

Speed/Acceleration : 150ips/30g

Illumination : Integrated IR LED

Its a mid-range sensor basically a cutdown version of PMW3360

Its just have lower dpi,lower IPS and lower malfunction speed.

-PMW3360

Specs:

Reveal hidden contents

Resolution : 12000cpi

Speed/Acceleration : 250ips/50g

Illumination : Integrated IR LED

Its a high end sensor often found in expensive gaming mice although some mice offer PMW3360 sensor with cheaper price like nixeus revel but of course they will sacrifice features and build quality.

Its the best OPTICAL sensor ever made, It has zero acceleration,it won't jitter,it had no issues with tilt slam and it won't spin out no matter how fast you can move your mouse.

It often customized and used by gaming companies like Logitech with their PMW3366,Roccat PMW3361,Corsair PMW3367,Steelseries TrueMove3,Etc

-SDNS3988

Specs:

Reveal hidden contents

Resolution : 6400cpi

Speed/Acceleration : 200ips/50g

Illumination : IR LED

A high end optical sensor although from the specs it seems to be inferior than PMW3360.

But its still a popular sensor nonetheless it used by gaming companies like asus with their gladius,corsair with their scimitar,and razer with their deathadder 4G that is before they use customized 3989 for their Deathadder Chroma.

It has no issues with tilt slam,it can't spin out at high speed,it has no acceleration and it does'nt jitter.

-ADNS9800

Specs:

Reveal hidden contents

Resolution : 8200

Speed/Acceleration : 150ips/30g

Illumination : LASER

The most popular Laser sensor ever made (basically 9500 with more Cpi) however it also popular for having large inconsistent acceleration that is why competitive fps player hate laser sensor.

But if you are a looking for a sensor that can track on glass for gaming (wut?) your only best option is ADNS9800.

The sensor can get jittery or wont respond at all if you move your mouse very slowly and it can spin out at both high speed and tilt slam.

It used by Logitech for their G500s,600 and 700s and razer for their taipan and Ouborobo and other gaming company such as a4tech,rapoo,corsair,roccat,etc

-HERO Sensor

Now AFAIK HERO sensor is not made by pixart but i think it deserve to be mentioned.

HERO stands for High Efficient Rated Optical, Logitech claimed that it perform par with legendary PMW3360 but its more like better version of PMW3310 because the sensor can spin out by tilting and slamming it although its very hard to spin out the sensor.

This sensor is used for their G603 Wireless mouse because the purpose of this sensor is to preserve battery life.

I really hope that logitech will use this HERO sensor for their future wireless mice hmmm G502 wireless with HERO sensor?

-MERCURY Sensor

A sensor used by logitech for their G102 and G203 mouse.

I am surprised by how well this sensor perform especially for the given price.

Its basically a PMW3330 because it had no issues with tilt slam,no jitter and can't spin out at high speed.

Sadly afaik its only available on the G102/G203.

-Truemove1

Has similar performance as MERCURY sensor and only available on the Rival 110 Mouse.

PRO TIPS : As long it has a good sensor and its good enough for you and you didn't use tilt slam technique then don't bother with the sensor because most of them are overkill for human to ever fully max out the sensor just prioritize more on shape,size,buttons,features and weight.

If you are an FPS player your no1 priority is the sensor and then the shape,weight and finally button.

If you are an MMO/MOBA/RTS prioritize more on the button,shape,ergonomic and finally the sensor.

6.What To Look and What To Ignore?

Reveal hidden contents

What to look :

1.Sensor

2.Shape (personal preferences)

3.Weight (personal preferences)

4.Size (personal preferences)

5.Features (personal preferences)

6.Button (how many)

7.Build Quality

8.RMA Support

9.Price

What to ignore :

1.Dpi/Cpi (More than 4000Dpi is unecessary)

2.Stupid unnecessary gimmick thats just going to add extra cost like heart rate detector,vibration and Oled Display

3.Sponsored or affiliated Reviews

4.Boot Licking Pro Player Commenting on products

7.Mice Suggestion

Reveal hidden contents

The hand size is a rough guide and just because it says FPS that doesn't mean u can't use it for other games the same goes for the grip style.

The only mice i have tried in my whole life are Razer Deathadder chroma/elite,Logitech G402/G502,Mionix Castor,MX518,G102/203,Roccat Tyon and Rival 300.

So no i don't own or have tried all mice in this suggestion section.

I gathered all the info i can get from google like the official website and put it in here.

Mouse pic is in the spoiler and prepare for a lot of spoiler inside a spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg.2b6cb5538285c47ecd3fa1258d890a05.jpg

First measure your hand like this. (Get a mice that is roughly 60% of your hand size)
L ÷ 100 x 60 =
W ÷ 100 x 60 =

Reveal hidden contents

Measure.jpg.52261c03d22e063d3605f8d5c94ab12d.jpg

LARGE HAND (18cm L & 9cm W or above)

Reveal hidden contents

RAZER

Reveal hidden contents

-Razer Lancehead TE [FPS/Palm/Fingertip]

Reveal hidden contents

5abab0138e68e1aa08b0864a80cb8337-lanceheadTE-galleryimg-1500x1000-5.jpg.2f2e596fc6a91bea71e9445fbf3322c2.jpg

Sensor  : PMW3389

Button   : 2 Side button on each side and 2 Dpi shift

Weight  : 105Grams

Design  : Ambidextrous

Cable   : Braided

Games : FPS

A new ambidextrous mice from razer with top razer optical sensor and razer mechanical switches made by omron,the switch its light making it good for jitter clicking.

The shape however is unsafe.

And dont get the Wireless version because it uses laser sensor which is jittery,can spin out with tilt slam technique and high speed movement.

-Razer Deathadder Elite [FPS/MOBA/Palm/Fingertip]

Reveal hidden contents

razer-deathadder-elite-chroma-gaming-mouse-0003.jpg.51faa4a1b108ad502f6669a4820a4176.jpg

Button   : 2 Side and 2 Dpi shift

Weight  : 98Grams

Design : Right handed

Games : FPS/MOBA

I knew what u were thinking but just because its says Razer doesnt mean its overpriced piece of garbage,Deathadder is by far the most popular large fps mice on the planet, if not the best selling mice ever and for good reason.

It uses PMW3389 sensor which perform par with PMW3360,It has good build quality,light button and good ergonomic also it only has the necessary features and button for FPS.

-Razer Basilisk [FPS/MOBA/RTS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

basilisk-OGimage-1200x630.jpg.d16323757aa899663df50f57d250ead4.jpg

Button   : 2 Side,2 Dpi shift on top and 1 Sniper button

Weight  : 109Grams

Design : Right handed

Games : FPS/MOBA/RTS

The best All around gaming mouse rivaling the G502 By Logitech with less button.

This mouse has 2 awesome gimmick that is a removable sniper button (it comes with 3 button) and Adjustable Scroll wheel tensioning system that lets you adjust the resistance of the scroll wheel from below.
Its a good FPS mouse although many FPS player prefer a mouse under 100Grams because its easier to move and aim with it,But again its all about personal preferences.
Bottom line it is a good mouse, it has a top optical sensor and good ergonomic for people with large hand but not everyone like the thumbrest so it might not suit everyone.

LOGITECH

Reveal hidden contents

-Logitech G502 (All games/All Grip but Palm is the most comfortable)

Reveal hidden contents

G502-645x360.jpg.3a8ae522634553584b00242c5ea26fc9.jpg

Sensor  : PMW3366

Button   : 2 Side button,2 Top button,1 Dpi switch,1 Sniper button,Scroll wheel that u can tilt L/R

Weight  : 125Grams/143Grams with the added weight

Design  : Right handed

Games : All games

Its the best all around gaming mice with tons of feature like Infinite scroll wheel,RGB,Lots of buttons and customizable weight system,etc

It uses PMW3366 sensor,Omron switches and Rubberized grip on the side.
Its not a good FPS mouse because its too heavy and has too many button also the shape isn't the most comfortable but it is the best all around gaming mice on the market.

-Logitech G403 Wired/Wireless [FPS/MOBA/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

g403inline1.jpg.46208f167a97df6d29746798e085aa92.jpg

Button   : 2 Side and 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 90Grams/106Grams wireless

Cable   : Braided

The best simple Wireless mice you can get under $80

It use the same PMW3366 sensor,Omron switches,Rubberized grip on the side,2 side button and 1 dpi switch in the middle and yes RGB.

The G703 is G403 with powerplay module.

-Logitech G603 [FPS/MOBA/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

g603-lightspeed-wireless-gaming-mouse.png.fbda07f5913f75183935d7f3efd29655.png

Sensor  : HERO

Button   : 2 Side and 1 DPi switch

Weight  : 112g 1 battery/135g 2 batteries

Cable   : Wireless

We are looking at the future with HERO sensor.

It perform par with PMW3330 (yes not 3360 Logitech can flame me all they want) while being more efficient.

But if only they use built in rechargeable battery instead of AA to make this mouse lighter it would be great for FPS although u can use 1 battery and it will work just fine.

The build quality is not as solid as its bigger brother the G703 but its not a big deal.

Its a great wireless mouse for people who are concerned about battery life.

-Logitech G900/903 [All games/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

g900-chaos-spectrum-mouse.png.8b85c3b50c02ef7c778e4dc012a87242.png

Button   : 2 Side,2 Dpi shift and Scroll wheel that can tilt L/R

Weight  : 107Grams

Cable   : Wireless and Extra braided cable to make it wired

The best wireless mice you can get today

G903 is G900 with powerplay module to utilize powerplay features so if you are not going to spend extra buck for the powermat then get the G900.

It an ambidextrous mice with 2 button on the side that is modular so u can remove it and install it on both side,Rubberized side grip,Rubberized infinite scroll wheel unlike on the G502,Omron switches,Logitech mechanical Pivot Button that suppose to gives u lower actuation distance and satisfying click sound,,PMW3366 sensor and RGB.

-Logitech G402 [FPS/MOBA/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

g402-hyperion-fury-ultra-fast-fps-gaming

Sensor  : AM010+Fusion Engine

Button   : 2 Side,2 Dpi shift and 1 Sniper button

Weight  : 109Grams

Cable   : Non Braided

I use this mouse for over 2 years you can check my review on my sig ( it has pic ;) although its only a few :/

TLDR is a dam good mouse if u can find a good deal for it like for $30-35USD.

But i don't recommend it if you are a serious gamer.

If you dont care about the sensor then this is a soild mouse as an alternative to the G502.

STEELSERIES

Reveal hidden contents

-Steelseries Rival 300 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

steelseries-rival-300-gaming-mouse-black-00001.thumb.jpg.c20fbeccc3d1303cedabc8a73379d79f.jpg

Sensor  : PMW3310

Weight  : 103Grams

Cable   : Non Brainded

A popular mice from steelseries it use PMW3310 sensor,Rubberized grip,2 side button and 1 dpi switch,The scroll wheel is rubberized,solid build quality,light 103Grams and it has RGB.

-Steelseries Rival 310 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

310s-gallery-high-rival-310__top.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png.5c5e19ad1339deda00b6b8e1e3bbe90d.png

Sensor  : Truemove3

Weight  : 92Grams

Cable   : Non Braided

Updated version of rival 300.

Its smaller,lighter,with rubberized grip,2 side button,1 dpi switch,rubberized scroll wheel,good build quality,light button and Truemove3 optical sensor.

-Steelseries Sensei 310 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

310s-gallery-high-sensei-310__top.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png.9322afc80d9d623782212ab5a9dde4ed.png

Sensor  : Truemove3

Button   : 2 Side button on each side and 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 97Grams

In a nutshell its basically an ambidextrous design of rival 310 or slightly bigger rival 110 with 2 side button on each side.

-Steelseries Rival 500 [All games/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

purchase-gallery-template-500__hero.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png.1c271eee3599c9547acd4382ecd2c8a7.png

Sensor  : PMW3360

Button   : 3 Top button,6 Side button,1 Dpi switch and the scroll wheel can tilt L/R.

Weight  : 129Grams

Its kinda share the same shape with the rival 310 except this one has TONS of buttons making it good for MMO it also equipped with PMW3360 sensor so its also good for FPS.

But the weight is around 128Grams so its a bit heavy if u are okay with it then this mouse wont disappoint.

-Steelseries Rival 600 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

03_rival600_kv_dual_hero.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png.cf8462a0286f8c90f9972888db12f69c.png

Sensor  :Truemove3+

Button   : 3 Side button and 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 97Grams/127Grams with the added weight

A new mice from steelseries with the new Truemove3+ optical sensor and 1 dedicated sensor to help reduce LOD.

So whats thats all about? well the new Truemove3+ has 350IPS which is so unnecessary as PMW3330 is already overkill.

And the 0.5mm lift off distance is also just act as a gimmick cause it wont gives u any advantages in games.

LOD under 1 DVD (1.2mm) wont gives u any noticeable movement when u reposition the mice and most high end gaming mice has LOD under 1 DVD.

I mean its just 0.7mm differences its less than 1mm lol

In other word dont bother with the New sensor and LOD gimmick and prioritize more on the shape and weight for this mouse.

Hold on though just because it has gimmick this mouse is actually pretty good according to a review by RJN.

The downside is that its a bit pricey around 70-80 USD

-Steelseries Rival 700 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

5a5c1b2045ea1_RIVAL700.thumb.jpg.05812ac76dfa4b2fb6cac38a4188311d.jpg

Button   : 3 Side and 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 137Grams

I dont like this mouse because it has unnecessary gimmick like vibration and oled display that u can customize through software which add the extra cost and weight.

Its share the same shape and features with the Rival 310 but its smaller,heavier freakin 137grams with PMW3360 sensor.

ZOWIE

Reveal hidden contents

-Zowie EC1/2 B [FPS/Palm/Claw]

Reveal hidden contents

EC2-B_photo_07.jpg.c2c7fa640cb86611c72917848a2c9c9a.jpg

Button   : 2 Side Button

Weight  : 94Grams/90Grams (EC2B)

A simple mice from zowie with 2 side button,PMW3360 sensor,Rubberized grip and the best thing from zowie is that they always had a good build quality and ergonomic.

The EC1B is slightly bigger and heavier but both mice is under 100Grams.

-Zowie Fk1 [FPS/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

fk1-top.png.026825273f68d7feb9d820797190d947.png

Button   : 2 Side button on each side

Weight  : 87Grams/95Grams (FK1+)

Ambidextrous design with 2 button on each side,Rubberized side grip and scroll wheel,PMW3310 optical sensor and weighted under 100 grams.

The FK1+ is heavier and slightly bigger.

-Zowie EC1A [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

ec1-a-front-left45.png.d12eef9ac434c973b5fd1cfa3a0d5ede.png

Button   : 2 Side button

Weight  : 100Grams

PMW3310 sensor,2 side button,white rubberized scroll wheel and its RGB if i am not mistaken,good build quality,light buttons and weight 98grams.

Its the Old version of EC series mice line up and zowie upgraded the mouse by releasing the ECB series.

FINALMOUSE

Reveal hidden contents

-FinalMouse UltraLight Pro [FPS/MOBA/RTS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

finalmouse_ultralight_pro_matte_black.jpg.443ec77a68beadc492b1a78471af01d4.jpg

Button   : 2 Side button and 1 Dpi Switch

Weight  : 67Grams without cable and 71 Grams with cable

Introducing the lightest gaming mouse on the planet with top optical sensor and a safe comfortable shape with no RGB/LED because this mouse is for serious gamer who does not have tyrophobia.

ROCCAT

Reveal hidden contents

-Roccat Leadr [All games/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

gallery-leadr-picture01-v1-OEgol-1-80-000-830x490.jpg.4f1d2cbbcef728b161514c4f438dff86.jpg

Sensor  : PMW3361

Button   : 4 Top buttons,2 Side button,1 button behind the scroll wheel that u can tilt L/R so that counts as 2,1 button on the left below thumb rest and 1 paddle.

Weight  : 128Grams

Cable   : Wireless + Extra Braided cable to make it wired

Its the wireless version of roccat tyon with PMW3361 Optical sensor.

It has lots of button (10extra button),great build quality but has scroll rattle (not a big deal) and RGB.

This mouse is heavy around 128Grams

-Roccat Nyth [MMO/RTS/MOBA/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

gallery-nyth-blk-picture2-v1-1-80-000-830x490.jpg.b180f101501f44975a57ceedebabce39.jpg

Sensor  : PTE Laser

Button   : 12 Side button,1 button behind the scroll that u can tilt L/R and 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 123Grams

Games : MMO/RTS/MOBA

Its a BIG heavy mouse with laser sensor.

The side button is modular and the right grip is also modular so u can replace it with another grip that comes with it that has a ring finger rest and its support 3D printing too.

-Roccat Kone EMP [FPS/MOBA/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

5a5c2cae99723_roccatkoneemp.jpg.5f33fe8093d826dee0aa8e0380e800c3.jpg

Button   : 2 Side Button and 2 Dpi Shift

Weight  : 117Grams

A new kone lineup from roccat and imo it has the best RGB implementation.

-Roccat Kone Pure Owl Eye [FPS/MOBA/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

5a5c2ce4d1796_roccatkonepureowleye.jpg.4d1a45f4365f70b5156cd9db5571fcbb.jpg

Button   : 2 Side Button and 2 Dpi Shift

Weight  : 88Grams

CORSAIR

Reveal hidden contents

-Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB [All games/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

Scimitar_PRO_02.thumb.png.9d3bcdab203b58f8adfb49270e12b843.png

Sensor  : PMW3367

Button   : 12 Side button and 2 Dpi shift

Weight  : 120Grams

If u want an MMO mice with Tons of buttons but u also play some casual fps then this mouse will be great for you.

It has 12 side button,Its adjustable you can slide it to adjust the position and lock it in place by screwing it from below,it also has 2 dpi shift in the middle,rubberized scroll wheel,rubberized side on the left,braided cable,PMW3367 optical sensor and RGB lightning.

-Corsair M65 Pro RGB [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

M65_PRO_RGB_BLK_01.png.70b5c45d668267e52cbf948357e51d3c.png

Button   : 2 Side button,1 Sniper button and 2 Dpi shift

Weight  : 115Grams/135Grams with added weight

PMW3360 sensor,2 side button,1 sniper button,2 dpi shift,aluminium build,good buttons,braided cable and its a heavy mice around 115grams without the added weight if i am not mistaken.

Its a popular FPS mice but not everyone love the shape.

-Corsair Glaive [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

5a5c33ea83f3d_corsairglaive.png.4efbaafab10ba9e0c7d722a428fb59ae.png

Sensor  : PMW3367

Button   : 2 Side button and 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 120Grams and the aluminum version is 6Grams heavier

Design  : Right handed

Finally a mice with standard shape from corsair with modular thumbrest area.

The only problem with this mouse is that the side button is too far from each other so u'll have to adjust your thumb and get used to it.

GIGABYTE

Reveal hidden contents

-Gigabyte XM300 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

XM300.png.0d56ce29e5ffa370bf025b9f7c92aab5.png

Sensor  : PMW3988

Button   : 2 Side and 2 Dpi shift

Weight  : 102Grams

An alternative for the deathadder equip with PMW3988 sensor its on par with 3360,2 side button and 2 dpi shift,both side grip is rubberized,the scroll is also rubberized and it has RGB.

This mouse has a build quality issues starting with the button,scroll and sensor rattle.

Its a wild card but a good mice nonetheless especially for the given price.

SMALL-MEDIUM HAND (15cm-17cm L & 6.5cm-8cm W)

Reveal hidden contents

LOGITECH

Reveal hidden contents

-Logitech G Pro [FPS/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

pro-gaming-mouse.png.8317ea8ba4e1f655e354af4dd48859be.png

Weight  : 85Grams

Its a verrrryy simple mice with good button and amazing sensor.

-Logitech G102/203 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

g102-g203.png.e81bd796a3e52518d37c431fe4251559.png

Sensor  : MERCURY

Budget mice that is suprisingly good.

The mercury sensor perform too good for the price.

It is similar to PMW3330 sensor which cannot spin out with tilt slam,has zero acceleration,no jitter and cant spin out at high speed.

It share the same shape,weight and feature of the G pro.

So its basically G pro with half of the price.

G102 and 203 is the same mouse they are just sold in different region.

-Logitech G303 [FPS/MOBA/Fingertip]

Reveal hidden contents

g303-daedalus-apex.png.1c08a57b5360468db1414c2f27db5eac.png

Weight  : 90Grams

Games : FPS/Moba

A rather unique mice from logitech with diamond shape which some people dislike it for some reason.

Its the same as the G302 but with PMW3360 sensor and RGB.

It has 2 side button and 1 dpi shift,braided cable,omron switches,rubberized scroll wheel and the weight is around 84Grams.

COOLER MASTER

Reveal hidden contents

-Cooler Master Mastermouse S [FPS/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

5a5c3544b53de_mastermouses.jpg.abb616b713b7dde045f2f44902e181e6.jpg

Sensor  : PMW3330

Weight  : 93Grams

PMW3330 sensor,Omron switches,94Grams,rubberized scroll wheel,RGB,2 side button and 1 Dpi switch.

This mouse sensor perform extremely good even for competitive player.

DREAM MACHINE

Reveal hidden contents

-Dream Machine Dm1 Pro S [FPS/Palm/Claw]

Reveal hidden contents

dream-machines-dm1-pro-s-review-hw4all.com-01.jpg.a93251af284190ae23396ecb4d789959.jpg

Based on the DM1 Pro with superior sensor PMW3360.

Its a quite small but not too small.

It has a very comfortable safe shape especially for palm and claw grip.

It has 2 side button,braided cable,1 dpi shift,rubberized scroll wheel and its light around 85Grams.

NIXEUS

Reveal hidden contents

-Nixeus Revel [FPS/Palm/Claw]

Reveal hidden contents

revel.jpg.d58b630f31ac38f459d862a8cbef4191.jpg

Button   : 2 Side and 1 Dpi Switch

There's not much to say about this mouse its basically Dm1 Pro S with nixeus Logo on it.

But unlike the DM1 pro this mouse has rattle issues but its the scroll wheel not the sensor so its not a big deal.

And this mouse is way cheaper than the DM1 pro s

Because the DM1 Pro has availibility/stock issues.

NINOX

Reveal hidden contents

-Ninox Venator [FPS/Palm/Fingertip]

Reveal hidden contents

nx-ven-07.jpg.50aa344c8ee6b460c453af2f3866e63d.jpg

Weight  : 80Grams

A great budget PMW3360 mouse.

However the build quality is lacking.

ZOWIE

Reveal hidden contents

-Zowie FK2 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

fk2-top.png.156182e9be050edcfbccbfd4eacd81e2.png

The smaller version of the FK1

-Zowie ZA12/13 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

ZA_mice_size.jpg.0221b1657febc3d6413138ffc59e0d11.jpg

Weight  : 85Grams/80Grams

There are 3 ZA mice.

The ZA11 being the largest.

Is an ambidextrous mice with 2 side button on each side,no dpi shift,rubberized scroll wheel,rubberized side and the weight its under 85grams.

RAZER

Reveal hidden contents

-Razer Abyssus V2 [FPS/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

abyssus-v2-gallery-04.jpg.5b021e69bc8ff9fd8c8ee19c1f93bf99.jpg

Sensor  : PMW3325/29

Button   : 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 84Grams

I recommend not getting this mouse because a lot of people had issues with the original but not sure about the V2 though.

Anyway V2 use PMW3325/29 sensor,braided cable,rubberized side grip and scroll wheel,1 dpi shift,and it has no freakin side button *sigh razer

-Razer Atheris [FPS/MOBA/RTS/Palm/Claw]

Reveal hidden contents

razer-atheris-gallery-07.jpg.22244ebd2fd6571a63962be5cc9a6b44.jpg

Sensor  : PWM3329?

Button   : 2 Side button and 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 111Grams

A compact version of razer lancehead with only 2 side button on the left side.

This is supposed to be a razer own version of the MX ANYWHERE but it also can game because it has a good optical sensor, I can't find any single information about the sensor but it seems to be a custom PMW3330 because it has 7.2k Dpi.

This is a heavy mice, Too heavy for it's size and it isn't the most comfortable either especially for aiming in FPS.
As i said this mouse is not a gaming mouse, More like a mouse for people who need something small to go along with their laptop and they love razer for some reason because u can get the MX ANYWHERE and its more comfortable than this. But again its all about personal preferences.

MIONIX

Reveal hidden contents

-Mionix Avior 7000 [FPS/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

avior.jpg.642c225f72ae6be710218898e853ef28.jpg

Button   : 2 Side button on each side and 2 Dpi shift

Weight  : 102Grams

Ambidextrous mice with 2 side button on each side,PMW3310 sensor,Omron switches,2 dpi shift in the middle,rubberized grip and scroll wheel but its kinda heavy around 102grams.

-Mionix Castor [FPS/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

castor.jpg.8edeccefa5442b7d92e242a6eb59fe3d.jpg

Weight  : 95Grams

My current daily driver.

PMW3310 sensor,Rubberized scroll wheel and side grip,2 side button,RGB,Omron switches,1 dpi shift and the weight is 95grams.

The shape is unsafe though because it has a pinky rest on the right so it kinda force your finger position but i am okay with it.

STEELSERIES

Reveal hidden contents

-Steelseries Rival 110 [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

110.png.f96007e527c4ffac01677092872c24b0.png

Sensor  : Truemove1

Button   : 2 Side button and 1 Dpi switch

Weight  : 91Grams

Cheapest Rival mice lineup with Truvemove1 optical sensor which according to a review its suprisingly good for the price.

It doesnt spin out with tilt slam,it doesnt jitter and cant spin out at high speed.

It has similar design with the sensei but its an ambidextrous mice with only 2 side button on the left.

Its the updated version of rival 100.

COUGAR

Reveal hidden contents

-Cougar Minos X5 [FPS/Claw/Palm]

Reveal hidden contents

5a5c3b019eeea_MINOSX5.jpg.216fa86ab8e1ae90e5c1740f96eb5139.jpg

Weight  : 90Grams
Design  : Right handed wut?

Updated version of X3

-Cougar Revenger S [FPS/All grip]

Reveal hidden contents

5a5c3b7772d44_REVENGERS.jpg.476d6eeec763a33e02a5fb3fae29ba0b.jpg

Share the same specs with the X5 but the shape is longer making it suited for palm grip.

And updated version of Revenger.

FNATIC

Reveal hidden contents

-Fnatic Flick G1

Reveal hidden contents

flick.png.98851725935de60900043530ae74bccc.png

Design  : Ambidexrous

Flick G1 is a popular mouse and apparently the price has goes down.

It uses PMW3310 and Omron switches.

If u have medium hand then this mouse will be perfect for you and it has a safe shape.

8.The Best Mouse You Can Buy (in it's own way)

Reveal hidden contents

BEST LARGE WIRED OPTICAL MICE

Reveal hidden contents

1# LOGITECH G502

Its without a doubt the best wired optical mice on the market.

G502 has the best features combined with amazing PMW3366 sensor making it the best all around gaming mice on the market today.

#2 Steelseries Rival 600

Despite its sensor and Lod gimmick.

I admit that this mice should be on the list.

But it seems a bit overpriced so if u are okay with it then this mouse wont disappoint.

3# Razer Deathadder Elite

If u are looking for an alternative for the G502 or Rival 600 with less button and cheaper price then u wont regret getting the elite.

The 3389 is razer own version of 3360 and it perform very similar even some says its more responsive.

It has only the necessary button for FPS player and with a safe and comfortable shape that makes the deathadder a great FPS mice for people with large hand.

BEST WIRELESS MICE

Reveal hidden contents

1# LOGITECH G900/G903

Logitech continue to amaze us by releasing the G900.

It has almost the same features as the G502 but with ambidextrous design,modular side button,mechanical pivot button and Wireless capabilities.

2# Roccat Leadr

Roccat tyon is a great mice but sadly because it uses laser sensor that made a lot of people avoid this mouse.

So roccat respond is by releasing the Leadr.

A wireless version of roccat tyon with PMW3361 optical sensor.

But the leadr is a bit pricey and the battery life arent that good either around 2days for gaming with the LED ON.

But it has lots of buttons making it good for MMO.

BEST WIRELESS MICE UNDER $100

Reveal hidden contents

1# LOGITECH G403/G703

If your budget is below $100 then G403/G703 is the best wireless mice you can get.

Of course it doesnt have the same features as the G900/G502.

Its a simple mice with only 2 side button and 1 dpi switch.

But it has PMW3366 sensor,Good button and Good build quality.

2# LOGITECH G603

The HERO sensor is by far the best sensor for wireless mice on the market.

It perform great and much more efficient.

The only downside of this mouse is the use of AA batteries.

BEST SIMPLE LIGHT MICE WITH GREAT SENSOR

Reveal hidden contents

1# FinalMouse UltraLight Pro

67 grams with PMW3360, Need we say more?

2# LOGITECH G PRO

There's not much to say about this mice except the simplicity.

It only has the necessary button 2 side button and 1 dpi switch with top logitech PMW3366 optical sensor and only weight 85Grams making it great for FPS player who are tired of seeing gaming companies keep on making heavy mice.

3# Steelseries Rival 310

With truemove 3 optical sensor,weighted under 100grams and with only the necessary button this mouse should be on this list.

4# Dream machine dm1 pro s & Nixeus Revel

Weighted around 85Grams,PMW3360 Sensor,Omron switches and safe shape this mouse won't disappoint especially for FPS gamer.

5# Zowie FK1/2

Weighted around 85Grams with PMW3310 sensor.

If u don't mind the ambidextrous design and u don't use tilt slam.

6# Zowie ZA12/13

Weighted 85Grams (ZA12) and 80Grams (ZA13) With PMW3310 and again just like the FK only get this mouse If u don't mind the ambidextrous design and u don't use tilt slam.

BEST BUDGET GAMING MICE

Reveal hidden contents

1# LOGITECH G102/203

Of course ;) 

If u are on the market for the G PRO i'd say just get the G102/203 as the sensor perform very similar.

2# STEELSERIES RIVAL 110

The Truemove1 perform as good as mercury so if you like steelseries for some reason or if G102/203 is not available on your country then you won't regret getting this mouse.

BEST MMO MICE

Reveal hidden contents

1# Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

With 12 adjustable Side button,Great build quality as expected from corsair and Top end Corsair PMW3367 sensor there's no better MMO mice than this.

Sadly the button are not modular so u need to adjust your thumb and get used to it.

But it has PMW3367 sensor which is great even for FPS if u dont mind the shape and weight of course.

2# Roccat Nyth

12 side button and modular right grip with a ring finger rest,comfortable shape especially for a large hand,Roccat nyth is an alternative for the scimitar.

This mouse use Laser sensor which is not a big deal for MMO and it can track on any surfaces.

Just dont use it for FPS especially competitive match.

3# Roccat Leadr

If u don't mind the price this mice is the best wireless mmo mice u can get.

It has tons of buttons scattered around the mice and it equip with PMW3361 sensor.

This mice is also great for competitive FPS because the shape is not too bulky but the weight is a bit heavy not a huge problem for those who like heavy mice.

This is a solid mouse,I like how roccat choose the material for the mouse.

And compared to other mice this one looks more premium.

4# Steelseries Rival 500

I dont really like the material they use for the mice its just looks cheap.

But it is a good MMO mice that is also good for fps if u dont mind the weight and button.

I know that you don't like Steelseries 700, but what's the main disavantage, the price?

In that case, I've found it with a great price.

So, would you help me to choose between this 3 mice?

https://www.amazon.es/Logitech-G502-Spectrum-ajustable-programables/dp/B019DVCW3E/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1524306070&sr=1-2&keywords=Logitech+G403

https://www.amazon.es/Razer-Lancehead-Tournament-ambidextro-retroiluminación/dp/B071YDDM7M/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1524305744&sr=1-1&keywords=razer+lancehead

https://www.amazon.es/SteelSeries-Rival-700-iluminación-pantalla/dp/B01BH9E4SG/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1524305665&sr=1-1&keywords=steelseries+700

https://www.amazon.es/Logitech-Pro-programables-utilizado-jugadores/dp/B01K1FJYQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524305605&sr=8-1&keywords=raton+logitech+g+pro

As you can see, the Steelseries 700 has the same price as the others, so, if its own disavantage is the price, should I buy the offer?

Thanks

19 hours ago, agustinyaim said:

YES the price, But for us competitive player we want a simple mouse and liked it to be under 100Grams and that thing is just heavy as a brick.

As for the mouse it depends on your hand sizes and the preferences.

Lancehead TE, G502 and Rival 700 is for people with large hand.

Each mouse has their own pros and cons which you can learn by reading the description in the MOUSE SUGGESTION section in this Thread.

G PRO is for a small-medium hand but if you want to go with the G PRO buy the G102/203 instead, Its basically the same mouse with half the price and the sensor perform very similar.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Mice added:

-Corsair Harpoon (Corsair budget friendly mouse)

-Corsair Sabre ( A good MOBA mouse from corsair with top optical sensor)

-CM Mastermouse Pro L ( Very Simple and high quality mouse from CM with ambidextrous design)

-Dream Machine DM3 Mini (Smaller version of the DM 1 PRO S with no side button)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

g502 on top???? r u kidding me?

the mouse is a brick

7 hours ago, Plautus said:

g502 on top???? r u kidding me?

the mouse is a brick

On top? where? in the BEST LARGE WIRED OPTICAL MICE  under the 8.The Best Mouse You Can Buy (in it's own way) ?
Well if u read it again,Those large mice under that section are ranked by the overall features and performance not by the weight that is why i put G502 on top because it has more features than any other mice on the market.

If you're looking for a light mouse then u should look at the BEST SIMPLE LIGHT MICE WITH GREAT SENSOR  section under the 8.The Best Mouse You Can Buy (in it's own way) .

Or are u referring to the Mice Suggestion section?
Those mice under that section are not ranked, They are sorted by the brands.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

does the  FinalMouse UltraLight Pro have hard or light clicks (mouse button 1 and 2)?

Are they light as logitech mouse and lighter, or hard like zowie miceor not but still hard?

9 hours ago, Plautus said:

does the  FinalMouse UltraLight Pro have hard or light clicks (mouse button 1 and 2)?

Are they light as logitech mouse and lighter, or hard like zowie miceor not but still hard?

Ultralight is between the deathadder and G303, So its light but not too light and has a nice tactile feedback.

It uses Omron switches compared to huano switches on zowie mice,

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

oh ok. Because a deathadder just arrived 2 days ago, and I still find the clicks a bit hard compared to my old Logitech G9x, where I could easily spam click without ever getting pain in my finger.

the clicks I loved the most was on the G303, soooooo light omg, I was in love with the clicks, but the shape killed my hand.

So do u think I can risk ordering a Finalmouse?