Before You Buy Gaming Mice (General Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Popular Mouse Sensor,Mice Recommendation,And Many More!)

Hiya!
On 7/15/2019 at 9:37 PM, FourK said:

I'm looking at a Logitech Master MX 2s, and i've never had a wireless mouse before. Really excited to finally upgrade from my ancient mouse!
All of the reviews i've been seeing say it's a great mouse but i haven't seen any that talk about its longevity, does Logitech usually have decent longevity in its mice?

Switches are rated at 10M cycles, but D2FC-F-7N switches are notorious for developing double clicking issues, mouse feet are rated for above 250 KM worth of usage, but if you're using this on harsh surfaces it may scratch and damage the PTFE feet. My MX Master 2s (White) is still in good condition although the wheel has started yellowing after around 16 months of use. I have another Mx Master 2s (Blue) that has issues with peeling feet but that can be easily replaceable. I would say Mx Master 2s' can last for a very long time maybe 4+ years, Logitech also has very good customer support, and in case you have an issue chances are they will be willing to replace the unit. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 9:01 PM, Hiya! said:

Gigabyte XM300 or Logitech G403.

I am not a linux user so i cant help you with that, also you will still need to use software to change basically everything for the mouse and each manufacturer has their own so no 3rd party.. 

Please add Glorious model 0 gaming mouse. 

• 3 months later...

So I have a Razer Naga Trinity, and I'm looking to replace it because while it's a great mouse the RGB Lighting is starting to deteriorate, like it won't turn but Red, Blue, Green Yellow, even if I go in Chroma Studio to adjust it. Like it tries but I think of the LEDs may have gone bad. I've currently got a Corsair K68 for my keyboard so something to match would be great, I've looked at the Scimitar but I'm curious to know if Corsair has anything better for between 70 and 100.00

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

what about a tecware torque pro with a pixart 3327 sensor that have 220 ips

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm considering purchase of new mouse to replace my Logitech G602.

The issue is in poor reliability and high power consumption. Another issue is about software, but it's not the point. I'm using G602 for a bit more than year. First 5 or 6 months it was working on default batteries it came with. Then I was feeding it batteries once a month. Then even more frequently. Couple months ago I bought rechargeable batteries and now it lasts just about a week and suddenly dies. It's not like I'm trying bad batteries, I tried a lot of different ones, bought in different places for different prices.

Logitech is just not the Logitech it was 10 years ago. It's not about quality anymore.

Is there any other wireless mouse that would be really reliable? I'm looking for many side buttons, high frequency for games, decent software (opposite of G Hub).

• 2 months later...

I know you have the Razer Basilisk as a large hand mouse, but do you think it could work for medium hands?

PC SPECS

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Asus Prime X570-P

32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600MHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR6

1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe

2TB 7200RPM 256MB Cache SATA III 6Gb/s

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here have a Logitech Marathon M705?

How good is the ergonomics and the sensor?

They says its battery life is 3 years with 2x AA batteries.

Imean how good the sensor by working and saving power to be able to last for 3 years before the next batteries, because it's not the power efficient HERO sensor.

It's 1000 dpi mouse for working, not gaming.

For $50 are the ergonomics and the sensor worth it?

For working I dont mind its 135 grams weight. Ergonomics & sensor are more important as I dont want it to bring my cursor jumpy.

Oh, and it has horizontal scrolling.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

• 1 month later...

I recommend the mouse that comes with the Razer Turret For Xbox ONe. I believe that it is just a magnetized version of the Mamba Wireless, but it works, and feels nice, i have a medium hand also.

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Razer Abyssus Essential. I have big hands, but I also have neuropathy so I unfortunately can't use extra buttons as well as I used to. The Essential is a plain two-button mouse with scroll wheel, customizable dpi, and some nice rgb glow - the logo and under the mouse. It's light but not too light and has a nice feel to it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2018 at 7:57 PM, Hiya! said:

*snip*

Hi, One small fix - Please change our mice models to Dream Machines, not "Dream Machine".
Here is your Dream Machine :P :

Audi RS6-R - kombi o mocy 730 KM, aby szybko pojechać na wakacje

EDIT: Apologies for the slimmed Audi picture. Please click to see full image of RS6 ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, too many letters, I am just here with my Intellimouse 2.0 I got back in the day. It is starting to have the issues Linus's Steelseries Ikari had before he replaced it with another of the same kind.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Mad Catz fan I also recommend their mouses if you're looking for high customizability. Since the OP is not there anymore, I'm not sure if it could be added to the list.

They have sub $100 models, all the way going up to their $250 MadCatz R.A.T PRO X3 Supreme. I personally use my R.A.T. 7 since 2012.
It's suitable for people with medium or big sized hands. They are also good if you're looking for laptop size or phone gaming peripherals.

• 3 weeks later...

would deathadder v2 mini be better than the normal v2 for a hand that is 18cm Long and 11cm Width?

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2020 at 5:08 PM, Omar.B said:

Now there's more better mice's  like the Razer deathadder v2 its better than the elite or chroma and for cooler master the mm711 is better so tell me if I'm wrong!  @wkdpaul

The MM711 is a great mouse - snagged one for my 6yr old son in the Metallic Blue variant since MC had/has it on sale for $35 (USD).   I myself have been tossing around the idea of either going w/ the MOW or GPxSL, I've been leaning towards the GPx due to the size and currently use a Model O (had since they launched w/ no issues other than wear and tear).  Only thing is I'd love to try one out before shelling out the $150 for it, unless Glorious launches a MO-W i'll more than likely just go for the GPxSL (The Model O- is the perfect size imo - I tend to favor 120mm mice).  
I personally would favor the DA v2 Mini over the regular, I have a BO3 Edition Chroma and love it but would love it more if it was the dimensions of the mini (again that 120mm love).  But in the end what I think feels and performs great could be the opposite of your play style/use case (my hands are around your size).  

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

On 3/12/2021 at 10:28 AM, bjs_336 said:

would deathadder v2 mini be better than the normal v2 for a hand that is 18cm Long and 11cm Width?

My hand size is close to yours and I tell you NO its smaller and you might find it uncomfortable 

1 minute ago, DarthBaggins said:

The MM711 is a great mouse - snagged one for my 6yr old son in the Metallic Blue variant since MC had/has it on sale for $35 (USD).   I myself have been tossing around the idea of either going w/ the MOW or GPxSL, I've been leaning towards the GPx due to the size and currently use a Model O (had since they launched w/ no issues other than wear and tear).  Only thing is I'd love to try one out before shelling out the $150 for it, unless Glorious launches a MO-W i'll more than likely just go for the GPxSL (The Model O- is the perfect size imo - I tend to favor 120mm mice).  
I personally would favor the DA v2 Mini over the regular, I have a BO3 Edition Chroma and love it but would love it more if it was the dimensions of the mini (again that 120mm love).

I am using the MM711 now and its really good and comfortable and the mini I found it kind of small to my hand so I weren't comfortable with it  , the glorious is amazing 

I love my Model O, but I've been on a wireless kick lately for my mice (and want a Model O- size).  I use my G403 Wireless at work w/ the PowerPlay mat (highly underrated mat/system) and have fallen for having it wireless.  Now if CM were to launch the MM711 wireless, I'd be sold on it immediately.  Zy and CM really knocked it out on that MM710/711 series weight and case feel great in hand, and my 6yr old loves it over the Rival 110 I had for him before as he can grip it better - still big for his little hands but better and he loves how light it is.  They really are an underrated mouse since all the press/reviewers fell off on them since the initial launch was rocky (which the Glorious mice have been plagued as well) but knowing how many are made in a day there will always be some bad ones that squeak through QC.  

**Update 6-28-21**
So I ended up getting myself the Logitech G Pro x Superlight and a set of Corepad feet for it.  So far loving it over the past couple of months and would recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight, sturdy, and obtainable wireless mouse (looking at you Final Mouse for making the Starlight unobtainium level).  

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

• 5 months later...

Machine testing let me know that A3050 ,A3090,PMW3325,three sensors Cannot exceed 150IPS,They are fast enough for the earthlings。

A3090 150IPS.jpg

• 1 year later...

Best mouse I can find for the price on 4/16/23 is a Logitech G305