Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hiya!

Before You Buy Gaming Mice (General Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Popular Mouse Sensor,Mice Recommendation,And Many More!)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Battery with RGb is 46 hours without about 60 hours 

 

I hate anything corded so I need wireless for eveything haha.

 

got it on sale for €129

That's not so impressive considering it use HERO sensor but maybe the batteries isn't that big.

 

Well me too but i am just a broke college student so yay! Cable forever xD

 

Welp €129 is $146 USD so not really that good of a deal.

You could go with the G403 though its cheaper and sensor wise it perform pretty similar.


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

That's not so impressive considering it use HERO sensor but maybe the batteries isn't that big.

 

Well me too but i am just a broke college student so yay! Cable forever xD

 

Welp €129 is $146 USD so not really that good of a deal.

You could go with the G403 though its cheaper and sensor wise it perform pretty similar.

Where I live (NL) price is €159 normally. 

 

Now I just need a mechanical keyboard. Waiting on the launch of the SK650 from cooler master in Q1 2019. low profile mechanical wireless RGB keyboard 


MoBo: MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon ACCPU: Ryzen 2700x 1.36V @ 4.15GhZ  | Cooler: NZXT  Kraken X52  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour +186MhZ /+500MhZ | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDPSU: RM550x (2018) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C white |  Mouse: Logitech G pro Wireless | MonitorGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Where I live (NL) price is €159 normally. 

 

Now I just need a mechanical keyboard. Waiting on the launch of the SK650 from cooler master in Q1 2019. low profile mechanical wireless RGB keyboard 

Its fun to have a job and have a good salary.. (T^T)


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Its fun to have a job and have a good salary.. (T^T)

I don’t have a job at the moment. I did work part time for the last 6 years and worked for myself as a currency trader. Never making big money but enough as extra ‘pocketmoney’ 

 

Im starting to study 7th of January !


MoBo: MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon ACCPU: Ryzen 2700x 1.36V @ 4.15GhZ  | Cooler: NZXT  Kraken X52  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour +186MhZ /+500MhZ | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDPSU: RM550x (2018) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C white |  Mouse: Logitech G pro Wireless | MonitorGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should add the MSI Glutch GM70.

 

Its a large mouse (~13cm in length)

Ambidextrous

Removable Pinky and Thumb rests

Optical 3360 sensor

Wired and Wireless

7 buttons (Normal Left & Right, + 2 on right side + 2 left side + Middle scroll wheel) + DPi button.

2 sizes of palm rest.

140g-160g (depending on who u ask. I weigh it in at 160g with both 'wings' attached for thumb and pinky rest)

~£100 price tag

 

As far as im aware its the only mouse with the combination of having a good pinky AND thumb rest, with a top end optical sensor, and with a wired option.

 


CPU:Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/OC & EK Water Block | SoundCard: Asus Xonar D2X - FiiO X3K DAP/DAC for Headphones | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads (Push) + NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad (Push/Pull) | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Case: Modded CM Storm Stryker | Panasonic 42" Plasma

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

You should add the MSI Glutch GM70.

 

Its a large mouse (~13cm in length)

Ambidextrous

Removable Pinky and Thumb rests

Optical 3360 sensor

Wired and Wireless

7 buttons (Normal Left & Right, + 2 on right side + 2 left side + Middle scroll wheel) + DPi button.

2 sizes of palm rest.

~£100 price tag

 

As far as im aware its the only mouse with the combination of having a good pinky AND thumb rest, with a top end optical sensor, and with a wired option.

 

I should add a lot of mice but i havent got the time just yet..i will update it in the future ..~sorry


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

More mice has been added:

-Dream Machines DM1 FPS
-Finalmouse Air58 Ninja
-Fnatic Flick 2
-Fnatic Clutch 2
-HyperX Pulsefire Surge
-Logitech G Pro Wireless
-Logitech G305
 


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

More mice has been added:

 

-Razer Mamba Elite

-Razer Mamba HyperFlux

-Razer Naga Trinity

-Zowie S1 & S2 Divina


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if there is a website to test gaming mouse accuracy? I currently check my mouse by moving it left from to right, and from top to buttom repetitively, and see if the traveling distance and position is consistent. Sadly, all my mouse has a tendency to drift from the starting point.... I haven't bought a gaming mouse for a while, would love to find some benchmark or testing data before I buy my next one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, bruuuuuuce_leeeeee said:

Anyone know if there is a website to test gaming mouse accuracy? I currently check my mouse by moving it left from to right, and from top to buttom repetitively, and see if the traveling distance and position is consistent. Sadly, all my mouse has a tendency to drift from the starting point.... I haven't bought a gaming mouse for a while, would love to find some benchmark or testing data before I buy my next one. 

That is acceleration not accuracy..make sure you turn of the windows enchance pointer precision in windows settings or in your mouse software.

 

What is your mouse?


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

That is acceleration not accuracy..make sure you turn of the windows enhance pointer precision in windows settings or in your mouse software.

 

What is your mouse?

I am using a wired Etekcity scroll 6e optical mouse. It is cheap, and I fit my hand well. I am interested in upgrading, but it seems like it is impossible to compare mice from specs.

 

Wow, turning off the windows enchance pointer precision make the mouse movement a lot more consistent! 😃 Thanks!!🍻

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, bruuuuuuce_leeeeee said:

I am using a wired Etekcity scroll 6e optical mouse. It is cheap, and I fit my hand well. I am interested in upgrading, but it seems like it is impossible to compare mice from specs.

 

Wow, turning off the windows enchance pointer precision make the mouse movement a lot more consistent! 😃 Thanks!!🍻

Well that is not a gaming mouse so dont expect a good performance from it.

 

You're welcome ^_^ 


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No GSkill recommendation for us lefties? The MX780 is the only mouse I know of with a left hand config and properly placed buttons for left handed use. Also adjustable in size/weight with 2 4.5G weights and an adjustable palm rest. Can be made incredibly light, or modded to be the exact weight you want (the space under the palm rest is near empty).

 

I would also recommend a section for Ambidextrous mice, as many exist and most suck to actually use left handed.

 

Link: https://www.gskill.com/en/product/ripjaws-mx780---rgb-laser-gaming-mouse


Main PC: i5-8600K (6C/6T), MSI Z370M, T-Force Delta II RGB 16GB, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crutial MX300, ROG STRIX RX-580 8GB, Corsair CX 750, Fractal Define Mini C TG, Windows 10 Enterprise

School Laptop: Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody. C2D P7350, nVidia 9800M, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Mojave. Also my editing laptop (FCP > Adobe Premier)

Phone: Galaxy Note 8, Android 8.0

Random devices in various stages of working: Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G3 Clamshell (for a custom build, just a case), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

No GSkill recommendation for us lefties? The MX780 is the only mouse I know of with a left hand config and properly placed buttons for left handed use. Also adjustable in size/weight with 2 4.5G weights and an adjustable back-piece. Can be made incredibly light, or modded to be the exact weight you want (the space under the heel-rest is near empty).

 

I would also recommend a section for Ambidextrous mice, as many exist and most suck to actually use left handed.

 

Link: https://www.gskill.com/en/product/ripjaws-mx780---rgb-laser-gaming-mouse

I didnt because it use laser sensor and it is a very bad one.

 

Although i would consider adding it to the list in the future..even though there are ambidextrous mice already on the list (see DESIGN)

 

Thank you.


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hiya! said:

I didnt because it use laser sensor and it is a very bad one.

 

Although i would consider adding it to the list in the future..even though there are ambidextrous mice already on the list.

 

Thank you.

That is fair, though I have noticed no issues with the sensor personally. That may be because I don't play any FPS competitively or even at a high rank (though I do play hitscan in Overwatch. Im only Gold.)

 

May I ask, for my own knowledge, what makes the sensor so bad?


Main PC: i5-8600K (6C/6T), MSI Z370M, T-Force Delta II RGB 16GB, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crutial MX300, ROG STRIX RX-580 8GB, Corsair CX 750, Fractal Define Mini C TG, Windows 10 Enterprise

School Laptop: Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody. C2D P7350, nVidia 9800M, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Mojave. Also my editing laptop (FCP > Adobe Premier)

Phone: Galaxy Note 8, Android 8.0

Random devices in various stages of working: Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G3 Clamshell (for a custom build, just a case), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

That is fair, though I have noticed no issues with the sensor personally. That may be because I don't play any FPS competitively or even at a high rank (though I do play hitscan in Overwatch. Im only Gold.)

 

May I ask, for my own knowledge, what makes the sensor so bad?

1.Inconsistent tracking at different speed a.k.a acceleration or the correct term is resolution error versus speed

2.High lift off distance (A mouse with high LOD is bad because if you try to reposition your mouse the sensor will still be able to read the surface and mess with your aim and laser sensor has high LOD)

3.Cant read a slow movement (some player can move their mouse very slowly especially when they aim using scope in game such as sniper, a bad sensor wont be able to pick their movement and their cursor will stay in position)

4.Loses track (mouse sensor has something called malfunction speed in which how well certain sensor can handle acceleration (motion) measured in Gforce and if they have low Gforce the sensor will lose track if you manage to exceed their Gforce rating)

5.Inaccurate (precision and accuracy is different, precision is a data that we gather from accuracy..for example we can move our mouse multiple times at the same distance but it doesnt stop at where it should be although it move to the direction where we want it to be)

 

If you want to know more just read the Optical vs laser section..


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

1.Inconsistent tracking at different speed a.k.a acceleration or the correct term is resolution error versus speed

2.High lift off distance (A mouse with high LOD is bad because if you try to reposition your mouse the sensor will still be able to read the surface and mess with your aim and laser sensor has high LOD)

3.Cant read a slow movement (some player can move their mouse very slowly especially when they aim using scope in game such as sniper, a bad sensor wont be able to pick their movement and their cursor will stay in position)

4.Loses track (mouse sensor has something called malfunction speed in which how well certain sensor can handle acceleration (motion) measured in Gforce and if they have low Gforce the sensor will lose track if you manage to exceed their Gforce rating)

5.Inaccurate (precision and accuracy is different, precision is a data that we gather from accuracy..for example we can move our mouse multiple times at the same distance but it doesnt stop at where it should be although it move to the direction where we want it to be)

 

If you want to know more just read the Optical vs laser section..

I have noticed #3 while playing snipers, come to think of it. Thank you for your time!


Main PC: i5-8600K (6C/6T), MSI Z370M, T-Force Delta II RGB 16GB, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crutial MX300, ROG STRIX RX-580 8GB, Corsair CX 750, Fractal Define Mini C TG, Windows 10 Enterprise

School Laptop: Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody. C2D P7350, nVidia 9800M, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Mojave. Also my editing laptop (FCP > Adobe Premier)

Phone: Galaxy Note 8, Android 8.0

Random devices in various stages of working: Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G3 Clamshell (for a custom build, just a case), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be buying a Logitech G900 per @Hiya!'s recommendation. Thank god for this thread!


Main PC: i5-8600K (6C/6T), MSI Z370M, T-Force Delta II RGB 16GB, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crutial MX300, ROG STRIX RX-580 8GB, Corsair CX 750, Fractal Define Mini C TG, Windows 10 Enterprise

School Laptop: Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody. C2D P7350, nVidia 9800M, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Mojave. Also my editing laptop (FCP > Adobe Premier)

Phone: Galaxy Note 8, Android 8.0

Random devices in various stages of working: Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G3 Clamshell (for a custom build, just a case), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

I will be buying a Logitech G900 per @Hiya!'s recommendation. Thank god for this thread!

Glad it helped xD and thank you for coming by


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×