(budged) laptop for programming student

hey, 

i'm looking for a decent laptop to take with me to school. I'm using the laptop only, and only for:

-  Programming (html, css, js, php, python and a little bit of c#)

- The only programs it sould run decent (fast loading/switching between apps) are: sublime text, Jetbrain, Visual Studio Code and sometimes a Vmware to test some things on a virtual windows 10 environment)

- VLC to watch my series/movies on

- browse the web

- Been able to handle all this, at a minimum since i will only use this laptop at school at my lessons and at exams (Got my main desktop at home to work on)

Since i am a simple student money does not come easy, so i'm looking for something as low as possible (since i still got my powerful main desktop at home where i work the most on)

I don't know so much about computer hardware, so i have no idea at what i sould be looking, I'm hoping you can help me out a little bit.

Edit:

Budged would be a max of 900 euro, but would prefer to go cheaper of course.
I'm also from Belgium, Europe.

- Arno

5 minutes ago, BlackWorm said:

hey, 

i'm looking for a decent laptop to take with me to school. I'm using the laptop only, and only for:

-  Programming (html, css, js, php, python and a little bit of c#)

- The only programs it sould run decent (fast loading/switching between apps) are: sublime text, Jetbrain, Visual Studio Code and sometimes a Vmware to test some things on a virtual windows 10 environment)

- VLC to watch my series/movies on

- browse the web

- Been able to handle all this, at a minimum since i will only use this laptop at school at my lessons and at exams (Got my main desktop at home to work on)

Since i am a simple student money does not come easy, so i'm looking for something as low as possible (since i still got my powerful main desktop at home where i work the most on)

I don't know so much about computer hardware, so i have no idea at what i sould be looking, I'm hoping you can help me out a little bit.

- Arno

Can't do much without a budget - what ballpark money wise are you looking at, and where are you located?

used thonkpad

great keyboard or so ive heard.. :D upgrade that i5 to a quad core, upgrade the ram on the cheap, buy a ssd for cheap too

im using what is the equivalent of a thinkpad t60's cheaper thing (ideapad? lenovo 3000 n100) and it has a really good keyboard

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Budget? Any hardware requirements? (eg ports selection, display, CPU & GPU etc)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Now i would say a LG Gram or any ultrabook since i assume you want something lightweight.

Since you didnt mention any budget, it is hard yo give a good choice.

Maybe an Huawei Matebook X. Youll get a tall 3:2 display for productivity. Watch out for what processor kt comes with. I believe the i-5 variant has a 6000 series intel cpu. Other than that i dont know. 

Huawei om sale amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071VYDPF8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516186003&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=matebook+x&dpPl=1&dpID=41aJb-nVIQL&ref=plSrch

Hey,

i updated the post with my location and a budged:

Budged would be a max of 900 euro, but would prefer to go cheaper of course.
I'm also from Belgium, Europe.

As for ports, 2x USB and ethernet port is a must. Everything extra is nice

- Arno