Cheap good ball bearing fans for horizontal mounting

combine1237

Hello, I have had issues with horizontal mounting on my top exhausts and bottom intakes, I was wondering if there was a fan which could last at least 4 years 24/7 without going out. I have tried it with my hydrodynamic and other types of modified sleeves, but none of those seemed to and had to be set vertical to get rid of the squeak they developed. I found that arctic cooling made some cheaper ball bearing fans at 10 usd a piece. I was wondering if anyone had experience with them or knew some other fans that would last at least 4 years under 24 hour daily use.

Arctic fans:

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-F12-PWM-PST-CO/dp/B007YLUC0Q

10 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Will they be any better in horizontal mount than a ball bearing, and I don't need much performance from the fan just intake and outflow.

21 minutes ago, combine1237 said:

Will they be any better in horizontal mount than a ball bearing, and I don't need much performance from the fan just intake and outflow.

Magnetic bearings should allow the fans to be reliable in any orientation.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Arctic F12 PWM CO's are alright. They'll be fine if you just want reliable fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 10:11 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Arctic F12 PWM CO's are alright. They'll be fine if you just want reliable fans. 

I have now had the fans for about 2-3 weeks and they are decent for the price. They definitely are very quiet for the amount of air they move, although they don't seem to have as much static pressure as my gentle typhoon if you put them on a rad. They are perfectly fine as exhaust and low restriction intake especially if you need horizontal mount as I have had no bearing complaints as of yet. though and are very quiet while moving the amount of air they do. I got some ml 120's for one of my GPU rads and they are very solid in the build quality department, but they are louder IMO than my gentle typhoon 2150 when in a push configuration. They do get slightly more air and slightly lower temps (2-3) than my GT 2150 but at a more noticeable sound profile.