Noctua NF-F12 PWM, 120mm as cpu fan

symen55
Go to solution Solved by Bcat00,

use a zip tie or some metal wire to secure your new fan, problem solved.

Hello all,

My question is not whether I can use a Noctua NF-F12 PWM, 120mm as a case fan, but how to put it on my heatsink.

The original fan of the Evo 212 has these clamps on the sides, but those are not removable. 

Do I need to buy clamps? Should I just use tiewraps?

Thanks in advance! 

You can remove the brackets on the h212. It also comes with a second bracket as well

5 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

You can remove the brackets on the h212. It also comes with a second bracket as well

As I said in my post. The brackets (I called them clamps) are NOT removable from the previous cpu fan.

There are also no spare brackets in the evo212 box. (yes, I bought this myself from a shop)

2 minutes ago, symen55 said:

As I said in my post. The brackets (I called them clamps) are NOT removable from the previous cpu fan.

There are also no spare brackets in the evo212 box. (yes, I bought this myself from a shop)

I was able to remove mine and mine also came with extra brackets and I also installed a nf f12. This is how the brackets look like from the back. There is a removable noise dampener which leads to a screw

Image result for hyper 212 evo fan bracket

12 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

I was able to remove mine and mine also came with extra brackets and I also installed a nf f12. This is how the brackets look like from the back. There is a removable noise dampener which leads to a screw

Image result for hyper 212 evo fan bracket

Hrmm... Weird, mine looks the same but only has black solid plastic beneath the sound dampeners.

use a zip tie or some metal wire to secure your new fan, problem solved.

On 1/16/2018 at 7:21 AM, symen55 said:

Hrmm... Weird, mine looks the same but only has black solid plastic beneath the sound dampeners.

Can you post some photos of what you mean? You should be able to access the fan screws that attach the fan to the bracket underneath the rubber dampeners.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Can you post some photos of what you mean? You should be able to access the fan screws that attach the fan to the bracket underneath the rubber dampeners.

Sorry, I forgot to do that before throwing it away.

A friend provided me with his old evo 212 bracket. Once he gave me the brackets, i checked at the spot where the rubber used to be. On his there were the holes (with screws) where mine had a flat plastic surface.

I had even tried poking the supposed hole spots with a screwdriver, but alas.

Thanks for the responses all!