Broken USB port.

So my grandpa just contacted me and said that one of his USB ports was not working anymore and he sent me this picture. I'm sorry for the low quality.

The blue piece is no longer in the right place and the pins seems to be bent. Is there a way to fix this or does my old man's old man need to get a USB hub.

He tried to contact some firm that he thought would be able to help him but they asked him if his USB port was in the motherboard or not. My guess is that it's because it's a laptop.

Apparently it's a Acer Aspire something. Bought in 2016.

farfarsusb.jpg

8 minutes ago, Buttefly said:

So my grandpa just contacted me and said that one of his USB ports was not working anymore and he sent me this picture. I'm sorry for the low quality.

The blue piece is no longer in the right place and the pins seems to be bent. Is there a way to fix this or does my old man's old man need to get a USB hub.

He tried to contact some firm that he thought would be able to help him but they asked him if his USB port was in the motherboard or not. My guess is that it's because it's a laptop.

Apparently it's a Acer Aspire something. Bought in 2016.

farfarsusb.jpg

It looks pretty fucked to me, you could replace it but it will probably make more sense to get a hub.

it would probably be worth the 10-20 minutes to at least try to get some tweezers and patience and try to bend it all back into place, if that doesn't work just buy a usb hub