CPU cooling advice, completely new to PC-building

Wilicious

Hi!

Last year I asked for help with picking out parts for a new build based around the i5-8400 and I got wonderful advice. I preordered the 8400 in november, my supplier has not been able to deliver because of insane demand so I've now cancelled my order and ordered an i5-8600k instead.

I was told that my i5-8400 would run fine with the stock fan, but now that I've ordered the 8600k I come to you for advice on CPU cooling. 

Part list:

Mobo: ASUS TUF Z370-Plus Gaming, S1151

CPU: i5-8600k

GPU: GTX1070 founder's edition

Cabinet: Fractal Design R5

PSU: XFX ProSeries Core Edition 750W PSU

The pamphlet for my R5 says the max size for the cooler is 180mm, and I'm not actually planning on overclocking the CPU, I just bought it because of time constraints.

Preferably I'm looking for a quiet cooler somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100USD, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Be quiet makes some very nice Air coolers that look quite nice, I would go with the dark rock 3 or 4 I believe they cost around 50 bucks.

Arguably the best aircooler out there is the Hyper 212 EVO

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T || PSU: Corsair RM650i || Mobo: Asus RoG Strix Z270E || CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H110i v2 || RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16GB White LED || GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB GAMING X || SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, Samsung MZ1280 M.2 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

What RAM? H7 would be enough, or Pure Rock with bit more performance. For quiet, but slightly expensive, U12S and U14S.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What RAM? H7 would be enough, or Pure Rock with bit more performance. For quiet, but slightly expensive, U12S and U14S.

HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB (2x8)

1 minute ago, Wilicious said:

HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB (2x8)

That won't have any issues. So anything said already in this thread will do fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.