GPU Price Skyrocket

epic_ziver_D
7 hours ago, linustouchtips said:

you will soon need a small loan to get a gpu its rough out there now maybe ppl will wise up and realize its all a scam

Well, that's overly dramatic. PCs will at worst double in price because of the RAM and GPU shenanigans. 

Anyone wanna buy a used 1060 3GB?  I'm only asking €500 for it.  :P

(note to the mods : it's a joke, I'm not actually selling mine ... yet)

@epic_ziver_D Please don't forget to include and quote supporting the article at hand to ensure it follows the posting requirements for the Tech News Section, currently it has been moved until resolved. 

-Moved to Graphics Card Section- 

10 hours ago, Deli said:

I have doubt about this.

Why? Who wouldn't want to store big sums of money and transfer it for a small amount of fees? 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Chinese New Year is coming GPU or other hardware price will go even higher because most Chinese manufacturer will be close, however Bitcoin price is dropping, so GPU price may be go lower

15 hours ago, Deli said:

I have doubt about this.

It’s just too random and varied. It would be great if you were someone who invested a couple hundred dollars a few years ago, but now it’s impractical and doesn’t make sense to invest.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

I havent built a new machine in so long, I still run a gtx 550ti lol.. Are there still cards somewhere that arent more than a few years old? I'm not trying to spend my whole budget on one gpu

These fucktard miners are making us lose thousands of dollars. I hope the market for all cryptocurrencies crashes and they lose thousands of dollars.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

11 hours ago, Age of 9394 said:

Chinese New Year is coming GPU or other hardware price will go even higher because most Chinese manufacturer will be close

Holidays are known events and are factored into any production plan, delivery schedule, etc. They have zero impact on the price of hardware.

Thank God I bought this 1070 for $440 last year, otherwise I'd be still running my old 8800 Ultra :|

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

11 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Just hit play. PC gaming is fucked. Also rumor although I don't think it's rumor, RAM prices are going to go higher.

Ram is still going up. Good video cards cost small fortunes. CPUs have unfixable vulnerabilities up the wazoo.

This year (for PCs)... it could be better.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Holidays are known events and are factored into any production plan, delivery schedule, etc. They have zero impact on the price of hardware.

Are you sure? Most hardware or material come from China, and Chinese labor are about to take one or two of week day off. Which mean retailer will having a hard time to restock

17 minutes ago, Age of 9394 said:

Are you sure? Most hardware or material come from China, and Chinese labor are about to take one or two of week day off. Which mean retailer will having a hard time to restock

They are going to take a day or two off at a time of the year known since before the companies in question even existed.

Yes, I am 100% sure: known, repetitive, fully anticipated holidays have no impact on supply chains (other than for end consumers finding the shops closed).

1 hour ago, Age of 9394 said:

Chinese new years at worst is a pain for deliveries especially if you buy from china through ebay, however it rarely effects the price if ever.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

These fucktard miners are making us lose thousands of dollars. I hope the market for all cryptocurrencies crashes and they lose thousands of dollars.

What do we have here? A pissed off gamer!

On 1/16/2018 at 5:33 AM, FirstArmada said:

We don't really need these threads once a week

We really do, until this shit stops. Prepare for more weeks.

Two advice people:

1. HODL

2. Buy the dip

That is all 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, Bit_Guardian said:

Never thought I'd say this, but Intel can't launch a gaming dGPU fast enough.

they wont anyway

5 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Just hit play. PC gaming is fucked. Also rumor although I don't think it's rumor, RAM prices are going to go higher.

i already said here what steve was saying in the video. Companies can make big money today, but they are potentially killing the PC gaming that took so long to be raised from almost death. 

These companies are only thinking short term. When the mining craziness ends lets see if there is still a PC market for them so make money of.

is it bad that I'm considering a Xbox Scorpio over a gpu? I can't be fucked with these prices

3 hours ago, WereCat said:

they wont anyway

Never bet long-term against the blue beast. That kind of thought has burned everyone, even Warren Buffet and Soros.

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

is it bad that I'm considering a Xbox Scorpio over a gpu? I can't be fucked with these prices

Can it mine when not at home?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>