Jump to content
Darkknight456

Is this pc build good for gaming?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

mobo: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

cpu: Intel Core i5-8400

gpu: MSI Gaming X gtx1080

ram: Corsair vengeance 2 x 8 ddr4 3000Mhz

Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

psu: Corsair RM650x

1tb HDD (speed isn't important there for me)

 

Does those parts play nice together? (i think ill stick to intel as i'm used to them)

 

I want to be able to play all AAA titles at 1080p 60-80fps.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes


Ryzen 5 1400 @ stock

PaliT GTX 1050Ti

8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2666 Mhz

Corsair CX550m

Some old case I found lying around

500GB Toshiba HDD

1TB WD Blue HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darkknight456 said:

mobo: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

cpu: Intel Core i5-8400

gpu: MSI Gaming X gtx1080

ram: Corsair vengeance 2 x 8 ddr4 3000Mhz

Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

psu: Corsair RM650x

1tb HDD (speed isn't important there for me)

 

Does those parts play nice together? (i think ill stick to intel as i'm used to them)

 

I want to be able to play all AAA titles at 1080p 60-80fps.

 

 

 

If youre going for a Z-series motherboard, why not a K-seriers CPU? 

And for 1080p and 1070 would easily do.


Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Komplett said:

If youre going for a Z-series motherboard, why not a K-seriers CPU? 

And for 1080p and 1070 would easily do.

The K series is for overclocking what i've heard and i'm not interested in overclocking anything.

 

And sadly i already bought the GPU two months ago so i can't return it or anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darkknight456 said:

The K series is for overclocking what i've heard and i'm not interested in overclocking anything.

 

And sadly i already bought the GPU two months ago so i can't return it or anything.

Having the option to overclock when the PC is starting to get old is always nice. But if you dont want to overclock, there is no need for a Z-series motherboard as they are made for overclocking..


Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
22 minutes ago, Komplett said:

Having the option to overclock when the PC is starting to get old is always nice. But if you dont want to overclock, there is no need for a Z-series motherboard as they are made for overclocking..

Where i live there isn't much availability with components. But aslong as the Z370-A works i'll probably get that. But is the Rig good otherwise?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Darkknight456 said:

Where i live there isn't much availability with components. But aslong as the Z370-A works i'll probably get that. But is the Rig good otherwise?

It's more than good. You could always get a 2nd hand K-skew i7 much later down the line.


Ryzen 5 1400 @ stock

PaliT GTX 1050Ti

8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2666 Mhz

Corsair CX550m

Some old case I found lying around

500GB Toshiba HDD

1TB WD Blue HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkknight456 said:

Where i live there isn't much availability with components. But aslong as the Z370-A works i'll probably get that. But is the Rig good otherwise?

It will work perfectly, the whole pc will. I would get an SSD though, I always thought an HDD was enough but a fast SSD makes such a big difference, I get angry if I try to use a computer without one xD


Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Komplett said:

It will work perfectly, the whole pc will. I would get an SSD though, I always though an HDD was enough but a fast SSD makes such a big difference I get angry if I try to use a computer without one xD

100% get an SSD in there. Even if its just a 120gb for your OS boot drive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Komplett said:

If youre going for a Z-series motherboard, why not a K-seriers CPU? 

And for 1080p and 1070 would easily do.

The only Coffee boards available are the Z370 ones


 

Quote

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

 

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + ML120 + NF-F12

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710

Logitech G502/G303

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of me. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Darkknight456 said:

 

I want to be able to play all AAA titles at 1080p 60-80fps.

 


A GTX 1080 is way more than enough for 1080P - I'm using a EVGA 1070 SC on my ultrawide 34" 2560x1080 monitor (I know it's freesync... I couldn't afford to get a G-Sync monitor and wasn't going to be a big deal to me either way), and honestly even that 1070 is a bit overkill for 1080P resolution, as 1070's can work really well for 1440p (And from what I understand, the slightly larger resolution of my ultrawide doesn't really make that much of a difference in the workload on a gpu, compared to 16:9 1080p monitors).

If you're dead set on wanting to get that GTX 1080, you might want to take your monitor up to at least a 1440p resolution, since it will be a super overpowered card for a 1080p monitor.  That being said, if resolution isn't that big of a deal to you and you're perfectly content with a 1080p monitor, I'd honestly recommend you think about 1070 instead. Even a GTX 1060 6GB would work well for 1080P monitors, but a 1070 would definitely get those higher framerates you want and would give you a bit of breathing room for future generation games.


                                                                        My PC:

  • Asus Prime-B350 Plus. Ryzen 5 1500XBallistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400. EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  • 256GB SSD/ 3TB HDD. Corsair CX650M. CoolerMaster Masterliquid Lite 120. Fractal Design Meshify C
  • Reidea KM06. Redragon M601. LG 34UM67-P. Arion Legacy AR504LR-BKMass Drop AKG M220 Pro                                                              
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 hours ago, mondestine said:


A GTX 1080 is way more than enough for 1080P - I'm using a EVGA 1070 SC on my ultrawide 34" 2560x1080 monitor (I know it's freesync... I couldn't afford to get a G-Sync monitor and wasn't going to be a big deal to me either way), and honestly even that 1070 is a bit overkill for 1080P resolution, as 1070's can work really well for 1440p (And from what I understand, the slightly larger resolution of my ultrawide doesn't really make that much of a difference in the workload on a gpu, compared to 16:9 1080p monitors).

If you're dead set on wanting to get that GTX 1080, you might want to take your monitor up to at least a 1440p resolution, since it will be a super overpowered card for a 1080p monitor.  That being said, if resolution isn't that big of a deal to you and you're perfectly content with a 1080p monitor, I'd honestly recommend you think about 1070 instead. Even a GTX 1060 6GB would work well for 1080P monitors, but a 1070 would definitely get those higher framerates you want and would give you a bit of breathing room for future generation games.

Yeah i understand that but i was foolish enough to buy the card a while back without knowing it was overkill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Yeah i understand that but i was foolish enough to buy the card a while back without knowing it was overkill

I didn't realize that you already had the card, I thought you were just writing about which card to get in the future. Sorry about that misunderstanding!


                                                                        My PC:

  • Asus Prime-B350 Plus. Ryzen 5 1500XBallistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400. EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  • 256GB SSD/ 3TB HDD. Corsair CX650M. CoolerMaster Masterliquid Lite 120. Fractal Design Meshify C
  • Reidea KM06. Redragon M601. LG 34UM67-P. Arion Legacy AR504LR-BKMass Drop AKG M220 Pro                                                              
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Buy VPN

×