Can OLED burn in occur on specifik parts on a display?

Zyfiel
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

That's the whole thing with burn in: you leave a static image for too long on one spot and it'll only affect that spot.

If you want to minimize burn-in, minimize the amount of time the screen is on and only use the brightness necessary to see what's going on. If you leave the display on max brightness for long periods of time, you're going to see burn-in much quicker. Though I'm speaking from experience after owning two OLED devices with static elements (one of them for five years, the other for about two), and I hadn't seen any sign of burn in.

Hi!

A few days ago I bought myself an iphone x. I will probably use its camera a lot and I know that burn in can be an issue if the screen shows a static image for too long. If I use the camera app a lot some of the on-screen elements are static. Is it possible that those parts of the display could be burn-in while the rest is fine because they are moving with the camera?

Currently developing games for the visually impaired/blind. Love computers and cute things. Am I cute?  

Ryzen 3700X, ASROCK pro4, 32 GB Corsair venguence rgb 3200, Radeon 580

8 minutes ago, Zyfiel said:

Hi!

A few days ago I bought myself an iphone x. I will probably use its camera a lot and I know that burn in can be an issue if the screen shows a static image for too long. If I use the camera app a lot some of the on-screen elements are static. Is it possible that those parts of the display could be burn-in while the rest is fine because they are moving with the camera?

Yes.

That's the whole thing with burn in: you leave a static image for too long on one spot and it'll only affect that spot.

If you want to minimize burn-in, minimize the amount of time the screen is on and only use the brightness necessary to see what's going on. If you leave the display on max brightness for long periods of time, you're going to see burn-in much quicker. Though I'm speaking from experience after owning two OLED devices with static elements (one of them for five years, the other for about two), and I hadn't seen any sign of burn in.

Static images (not something that simply keeps returning every so often) but something that is ALWAYS there, like say the Start Menu in Windows is the kind of thing most likely to see Burn In, that said, I've had my S7 for over a year and haven't seen ANY kind of burn in