Adobe RGB colorspace for CMYK?

Hi,

I've noticed that in programs such as Adobe Indesign you can work in both RGB and CMYK. However I am a bit confused. If I have a monitor that has 99% Adobe RGB coverage I would like to use it to show CMYK accurately, since normal SRGB monitors do not fully cover the colorspace of CMYK. I would prefer however to just use the monitors capacity to preview how the printed version would look, but want to use SRGB for everything else...

Any articles I can read up on this?

A monitor can't show true CMYK. CMYK is reflective light, or substractive color. A computer display is projected light, or additive color. They take up different (albeit overlapping) color spaces. 

You can calibrate your monitor colors to get better results, but other than printing your samples there's pretty much nothing else. 

The 99% RGB coverage won't provide anything as far as cmyk goes. It's a complicated subject, you can find on google more detailed answers. 

As a Graphic Designer, my advice is just get a calibration device, calibrate your monitor and go with it. It will be close enough.