Thinking of replacing my CPU cooler

Lumikor

today I have ID-COOLINGFROSTFLOW-120L-W, and I have several problems:

1. the top of the case (Define R5) is open for the rad and fan, and my cats like to sleep on it, my cats also like to go outside. Dirt, and lots of it. 

2. Because my cats like to sleep on it, they block the rad and fan which causes problem no. 3

3. I don't think it was the best buy for my CPU (Core I7 8700, non k), some times the fan ramps up, and because the case it open, I can hear it. 

4. I'm very sensitive to noises. 

So I was thinking to replace it with be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 3 which for my understanding is super quite and should fit fine with on Asus Prime Z370-A board with two sticks of ram. the CPU runs at around 50-60% 24/7, my GPUs are two 1080ti water cooled. My issue is, I don't know much about PC cooling, I left the PC world long time ago and came back because I needed a workstation at home, at this is it, I want it as silent as possible. 

What you guys recommend? Should I go for this cooler? should I go to different one (in that case, which one? I'm limited to Newegg Israel)?

Budget is set to about 100 USD.

The current cooler will go to my Hackintosh, so I'm not throwing it away. 

Scythe Mugen Max is what I use, the Scythe Mugen 5 is pretty much the same.

Not sure if they are available in Newegg Isreal. Check it :)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Noctua U14S or Dark Rock 3 (or the ones @WoodenMarker suggests and I don't remember) will do. As you aren't OCing, there's no need to go for beefiest. And while you can remove 2nd fan, or ramp way down, single fan is enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The DRP3 is great but there are cheaper alternatives that would be plenty of cooling for the 8700.

The SR Slim is good: https://www.newegg.com/global/il/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V21E0643

The best cooler overall would be the NH-U14S for an easy time mounting and a slim form factor that's easy to work around. https://www.newegg.com/global/il/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608041

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks for the great tips, I still have time to think about it, but looks like the NH-U14S will take it. It's too bad this workstation had few design flaws and I need to tinker with it, but good to have LTT to help me fix it!