Why is there no iPod alternative using Android?

EpicczDiddy

I personally think such a device would be useful, and sell very well. The reasons iPods sell? iOS, but cheaper and without the phone part. So, why haven't Samsung, or HTC, or even Google made their own alternative?

(I apologize if there is an alternative, but if there is, why aren't any companies trying to compete with the iPod?)

There are lol :P

Question is why carry two dedicated devices? When your phone does everything

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

There are lol :P

Question is why carry two dedicated devices? When your phone does everything

Contracts, and if the "Ipod" can be $200 without contract you can upgrade annually

Because you're phone will do that same thing an iPod does while still being a phone and still being cheaper because... Apple.

Lol at everyone saying your phone will do the same, maybe not everyone can afford a new 800$ smartphone? Also what about kids?

My exact thoughts. Devices like the Nexus 5 are stock android and run quite fast, but you could probably shave off the price by not including the phone part. I'm confused as to why no company has made an actual competitor.

You can get any cheap android phone and just not get a contract? As someone who owned a brick of a phone and a 3rd gen iPod touch (and 2nd gen iPod nano before it) I jumped ship as soon as I could when I could get an SII for not that much money. Especially with the expandability of phones a few generations old, you could still use it pretty well for your entertainment consumption. No point in creating unnecessary redundancy.

Also let's face it. People with iPods (especially the last few touch enabled o es) have or will at some point download apps like Text+ or similar, and be able to text or call their friends and whoever they need to. At that point, why not just get a phone that could run all the same apps?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Because there's no need to use android for something so simple as a mp3 player. There are other mp3 players that compete with ipod, like the zune ones, but there's really no point in one if you have a smartphone.

Moto g is sort of an ipod touch $199 for 16 gb of ram and jelly bean.

Cause the ipod is kinda dead. The only people that buy them are parents who dont want their kinds to have a smartphone. I mean nowdays the iTouch is basically a phone without the phone app.

What I want is a ipod classic with a smaller wheel bigger screen with an option for color or monochrome screen and have it use 1.8in ssds for the storage instead stupid hdds on a highly protable and mobile device.

Seriously, with the price of used smartphones in my neck of the woods, one wouldn't bother with a device like iPod and the like. For example, I'd gotten an Samsung Galaxy ACE 2, dual 800mhz proc, microSD slot with up to 32GB of memory, it plays 720P movies with ease, handles higher bitrate MP3 with ease as well......what bother with a dedicated MP3 player? I'd gotten it for a friend's birthday and she loves it. I used to mess with dedicated players like those from iRiver, but gave up on them when I'd gotten my first MP3 capable phone.......it was a Nokia 'N' series phone, but for the life of me, I can'tt recall the exact model as I'd had a number of Nokia phones....Nokia was the rage back then. My last Nokia was the N95, that much I can remember.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Many last generation Androids can be had for around the same price as a new iPod. You can even use the Androids as phones!

The last MP3 player that tried to go toe to toe with the iPod failed pretty hard (Zune). It's a shame because the Zune HD was really good.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

There are some, there are Samsung Galaxy MP3 Players and some lesser known brands, but they're rather outdated now, so I get your point. I think we may get some in the near future as Android's forever becoming more popular, and they'd probably sell well too.

Intel Pentium A800501-60 60MHz, 4MB RAM, 160MB Hard Drive, Voodoo Video Card, Windows 3.11 OS