Red Star OS

I think that an informational video about this operating system would be pretty cool. It's a Linux distribution based on Fedora created by the North Korean government and it's used in all computers connected to their intranet. The government wants to track the underground market of USB flash drives used to exchange foreign films, music and writing, so the system watermarks all files on portable media attached to computers. (source: Wikipedia)

Still better than Windows 10

From the reviews, red star is a blatant clone of the Mac OS in its UI

Sudo make me a sandwich 

8 hours ago, noahdvs said:

Huh, I'm surprised it would be based on Fedora, a US based distro.

It's FOSS so they can know exactly what is in it anyway.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Do not use it! It will be full of spyware!!! It's north koreas product do not forget this.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

2 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

Do not use it! It will be full of spyware!!! It's north koreas product do not forget this.

Who cares? Just run it in an virtual machine. That defends against everything assuming you are not sharing sensitive information on that machine and the North Koreans are not exploiting the meltdown/specter vulnerabilities.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

7 minutes ago, wasab said:

Who cares? Just run it in an virtual machine. That defends against everything assuming you are not sharing sensitive information on that machine and the North Koreans are not exploiting the meltdown/specter vulnerabilities.

Well, virtual machine could not stop windows 10 :D so who knows what that motherf*****s have done

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

I remember seeing some downloadable .iso file for it a few years back. No idea if it was legit. Don’t remember where I saw it though. 

I've tried it in VM and it's basically a Fedora with OS X shell. They did a good job developing a DE so similar to OS X 10.5...... But that's red star 3.0 Version 2.0 looks like Windows XP. Files opened in red star OS, though I didn't change or save it, have different MD5 afterwards, so it's true the OS modified them without approval. And furthermore, though this distro does include a YUM package manager, it's very limited and cannot be used to install other apps. 

On 1/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, happymax1212 said:

I've tried it in VM and it's basically a Fedora with OS X shell. They did a good job developing a DE so similar to OS X 10.5...... But that's red star 3.0 Version 2.0 looks like Windows XP. Files opened in red star OS, though I didn't change or save it, have different MD5 afterwards, so it's true the OS modified them without approval. And furthermore, though this distro does include a YUM package manager, it's very limited and cannot be used to install other apps. 

Perfect OS for children so they can be better control and properly inform of the right values.

Sudo make me a sandwich