Iso file trouble

MrRemnant

i've got a disk based game, but no disk drive. By making an iso file of the game i can hopefully run it on my pc. When i load the game up (medal of honour airborne)i get to the load, running it in compatibility mode, but it tries to verify the disk but obviously i dont use it. It then asks to insert the original disk rather than a backup, help?

Thanks

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

5 minutes ago, HK - 47 said:

It then asks to insert the original disk rather than a backup, help?

yeah ... that's the games copy protection doing what it is supposed to. 

you could now dive into it, try different software to create the iso and then different "virtual drives" to mount the iso - daemon tools was able to emulate different forms of protection but the success rate was mixed. 

you could really get your hands dirty and try to look for a crack that is potentially infected and whatnot (pls don't go there)

or you could just drop 20 bucks on a USB DVD drive and call it a day

1 minute ago, NoobCase said:

Moh airborne is Pretty old.  Use daemon tools to Mount the ISO in a virtual drive. That should be Pretty much all you need.

done that, get a message, conflict with emulation software detected.

Also, I'm only trying to get it to find out how to do it rather than just for the game.

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

9 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

yeah ... that's the games copy protection doing what it is supposed to. 

you could now dive into it, try different software to create the iso and then different "virtual drives" to mount the iso - daemon tools was able to emulate different forms of protection but the success rate was mixed. 

you could really get your hands dirty and try to look for a crack that is potentially infected and whatnot (pls don't go there)

or you could just drop 20 bucks on a USB DVD drive and call it a day

used daemon tools, get a message, conflict with emulation software detected.

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

Just now, NoobCase said:

Game US prolly on steam cheap. Could be an alternative to buying a USB dvd drive

but the point is im trying to get this to work.

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

Just now, NoobCase said:

Not sure you Can legally

oh...

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

1 hour ago, HK - 47 said:

used daemon tools, get a message, conflict with emulation software detected.

again, the copy protection doing its job

55 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Not sure you Can legally

i don't think so either

1 hour ago, HK - 47 said:

oh...

I won’t tell if you don’t. 

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

3 hours ago, HK - 47 said:

i've got a disk based game, but no disk drive. By making an iso file of the game i can hopefully run it on my pc. When i load the game up (medal of honour airborne)i get to the load, running it in compatibility mode, but it tries to verify the disk but obviously i dont use it. It then asks to insert the original disk rather than a backup, help?

Thanks

What version of windows? Is the file legit? Is the ISO mounted? Did you install from the mounted ISO, or extract it and install from the folder?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

9 hours ago, TDP_Equinox said:

What version of windows? Is the file legit? Is the ISO mounted? Did you install from the mounted ISO, or extract it and install from the folder?

Windows 10 pro unactive (thx eBay) legit 

might have to reinstall, can’t remember how I installed it, could be a different file altogether.  

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

On 1/15/2018 at 12:13 AM, HK - 47 said:

Windows 10 pro unactive (thx eBay) legit 

might have to reinstall, can’t remember how I installed it, could be a different file altogether.  

If it was installed without mounting, that would likely be it. Windows 10 has a built in iso mounting tool. Just double click on the iso to mount it and it pretends to be a drive; works fairly well even with older software. 

If that doesn't work, the iso may be broken or there may be some patch you need to install to get it to work on windows 10. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!