Is there a way to pc to pc transfer not using a usb drive or WIFI just pc to pc fast

WolfLoverPro

dont wanna use wifi thats for sure its way too slow for 40gb

so is there a way to pc to pc somehow

How about a Crossover Lan cable? So you can see one PC.

15 minutes ago, Grifting said:

How about a Crossover Lan cable? So you can see one PC.

Won’t the lan mean using my internet what’s slow

2 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Won’t the lan mean using my internet what’s slow

No, and neither would using you WiFi (assuming the receiving PC is on the same internal network).

Using a crossover cable will effectively limit you to the read/write speed of the slowest drive, while using WiFi would probably limit you to the effective speed of your PCs network wireless interface.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

3 minutes ago, Volbet said:

No, and neither would using you WiFi (assuming the receiving PC is on the same internal network).

Using a crossover cable will effectively limit you to the read/write speed of the slowest drive, while using WiFi would probably limit you to the effective speed of your PCs network wireless interface.

so uh

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wired-up-Cat5e-Ethernet-Network-Cable/dp/B000IAJHOM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515961392&sr=8-2&keywords=Crossover+Lan+cable

just plug each end into the ethernet port or?

5 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

As far as I can tell that's not a crossover cable. Using just any ethernet cable won't work.

What kind of equipment do you have at your disposal?

The quickest might just be to connect the two computers via a switch or hub.

my method is connecting both to the same router and using the Dukto R6 software, with no weird cables or having to buy adapters or extra stuff, just that

what I do is open Dukto on both computers and then use the "send files/folders" option to send the stuff, my LAN is 100mbps so it transfers real fast no matter if PC 1 is using windows and PC 2 is using linux or whatever, I think it works way better than creating a home group and sharing folders or drives, you can get it from here http://www.msec.it/blog/?page_id=11

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

36 minutes ago, Volbet said:

As far as I can tell that's not a crossover cable. Using just any ethernet cable won't work.

This is actually false.  Crossover cables are not required on most network gear produced in the last 20 years.  Modern Ethernet adapters can detect when making a direct connection and actually switch which pins in the adapter are doing what.  This allows the use of a straight cable in a situation that would normally require a crossover cable.  No extra effort is needed on the user to enable this behavior it 'just works'.  Hook two PCs directly with a straight cable, configure the IPs manually, and one of the adapters will 'crossover' itself to make use of the straight cable.

This also works in reverse, you can use a crossover cable as a straight cable without issues.  I actually have a few 25 foot crossover cables in my apartment that I use in place of straight cables only because they were the only 25 foot cables I had and being crossover or straight has been irrelevant for nearly 20 years.

27 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This is actually false.  Crossover cables are not required on most network gear produced in the last 20 years.  Modern Ethernet adapters can detect when making a direct connection and actually switch which pins in the adapter are doing what.  This allows the use of a straight cable in a situation that would normally require a crossover cable.  No extra effort is needed on the user to enable this behavior it 'just works'.  Hook two PCs directly with a straight cable, configure the IPs manually, and one of the adapters will 'crossover' itself to make use of the straight cable.

This also works in reverse, you can use a crossover cable as a straight cable without issues.  I actually have a few 25 foot crossover cables in my apartment that I use in place of straight cables only because they were the only 25 foot cables I had and being crossover or straight has been irrelevant for nearly 20 years.

Not necessarily.

I have plenty of modern equipment that doesn't have auto sensing.

Do you have a budget you can buy 2 asus 10gb cards @ $100 a piece and create a peer to peer connection but drives will be the bottle neck, I have 2 pc's and my NAS hooked up with 10gb and if I go from nvme to nvme its blistering fast

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

8 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Hook two PCs directly with a straight cable, configure the IPs manually, and one of the adapters will 'crossover' itself to make use of the straight cable.

Just as a reference, most modern operating systems offer APIPA which will auto assign IP addresses, therefore most of the time you will be able to get away with just looking up the current IP and navigating to it. The IPs will always start with 169.254.xxx.yyy.