Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob Jim

Slim Micro-ATX Cases?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

I'm looking to build a cheap office PC, in as small a form factor as possible. For the AM4 socket, Mini-ITX boards are well over twice the price of Micro-ATX boards, so I'm forced to go with the latter. Does anyone have any recommendations of slim mico-ATX cases? I do NOT need space for a gpu at all.

The Inwin BK series looks good, however it is not available in the UK. Please give me any suggestions, but ideally a price under £50 would be nice. Thanks!

I highly suggest you spend a wee bit more and spring for an ITX board, mostly because you can have a NUC-sized Ryzen build and it'll be smaller than any mATX case you can find.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

Who is going to use this PC?

Will it just be used for office work?

Any reason mITX form factor is required?

Contrary to popular belief, if you want a PC for just basic office work I generally recommend a (USED) pre-built sandy-bridge dell optiplex SFF PC. They are dirt cheap and can usually still have the RAM, CPU, drives and graphics upgraded. I've seen them for as little as $75 USD here in the states on ebay. 

On 1/14/2018 at 6:47 AM, Bob Jim said:

Does anyone have any recommendations of slim mico-ATX cases? I do NOT need space for a gpu at all.

Look into HTPC cases. You can get extremely thin cases from silverstone usually

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25