Intel i5 7600k 50 degrees idle

Lil Burb

Hello, I noticed my Intel core i5-7600k is running around 50 degrees Celsius at idle. When i started a stress test it went up to around 91 degrees. I don't get why. My case is air cooled with 3 case fans 1 stock and 2 noctua) and my CPU cooler is an Be Quiet Pure Rock Fullsize. Do you guys have any ideas?

Temp.jpg

probably cooler mounting or thernal compound amount like WereCat said.

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Is the cooler mounted properly? Is there enough thermal compound?

I do not know, It is a prebuild pc

3 minutes ago, Jamiejbp said:

I do not know, It is a prebuild pc

Can you remove the cooler, change the paste and mount it back?

Or just make sure it is mounted properly byt tightening the screws a bit (do not force it)

On 1/13/2018 at 3:05 PM, WereCat said:

Can you remove the cooler, change the paste and mount it back?

Or just make sure it is mounted properly byt tightening the screws a bit (do not force it)

Never tried before but shouldn't be too hard i guess. Just have to get some paste then

On 1/13/2018 at 3:05 PM, Froody129 said:

Rough idea of your ambient temperatures?

probably around 21 degrees Celsius 

Like the others mentioned check the cooler is mounted properly first. If a clip has come out (*ahem* wasn't installed properly) then the cooler might not sit flush on the CPU.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Can you post pic of those highest temps? This might be mounting issues, but also something to do with fan speed and CPU itself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Can you post pic of those highest temps? This might be mounting issues, but also something to do with fan speed and CPU itself.

Since yesterday i reinstalled my pc, this isn't even a stress test but something went wrong with "service host state repository service" so that caused cpu to get heated

Cpu temp.jpg

8 hours ago, Jamiejbp said:

Since yesterday i reinstalled my pc, this isn't even a stress test but something went wrong with "service host state repository service" so that caused cpu to get heated

Cpu temp.jpg

Seems consistent so remount and see if it helps with temps. Quick Google suggests that the service causing high load is because of corrupted user profile.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Seems consistent so remount and see if it helps with temps. Quick Google suggests that the service causing high load is because of corrupted user profile.

I fixed the service issue, I got a hold of the guys that build my pc, according too them it is because it's a "Show" case and this type of case has less airflow, what  do you think about that?

49 minutes ago, Jamiejbp said:

I fixed the service issue, I got a hold of the guys that build my pc, according too them it is because it's a "Show" case and this type of case has less airflow, what  do you think about that?

What case is it? While there are cases with bad airflow (Enthoo ATX, the Corsair water cooling case etc. ), you are having too high idle temps for that to be factor. Restrictive airflow should only come to consideration with higher load temps. Your idle should be under 45C. Probably closer to 40C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What case is it? While there are cases with bad airflow (Enthoo ATX, the Corsair water cooling case etc. ), you are having too high idle temps for that to be factor. Restrictive airflow should only come to consideration with higher load temps. Your idle should be under 45C. Probably closer to 40C.

It's an "dark shadow red" I think it a case they made them https://www.mm-vision.dk/visiongaming/Vision-Dark-Shadow-RED

1 hour ago, Jamiejbp said:

It's an "dark shadow red" I think it a case they made them https://www.mm-vision.dk/visiongaming/Vision-Dark-Shadow-RED

It should get well enough airflow. Front looks quite similar to Fractal Design cases.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It should get well enough airflow. Front looks quite similar to Fractal Design cases.

Okay, i'll have to buy some thermal paste and see if i can find a problem with the cooler. Thanks for the help so fare, i'll update when i find out more

nah tell them to drag there arses out of bed and come and remount your HSF

you dont pay for a prebuilt system, to do one of the more risky assmebly parts yourself

It looks like your cpu is oc'ed to 4.5ghz. Have you tried reverting to default motherboard settings and turning off Multicore Enhancement?--it's a feature turned on by default that is effectively an auto oc which generally uses more voltage than necessary. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It looks like your cpu is oc'ed to 4.5ghz. Have you tried reverting to default motherboard settings and turning off Multicore Enhancement?--it's a feature turned on by default that is effectively an auto oc which generally uses more voltage than necessary. 

I have not.  ill look into it when I get off work

On 16/1/2018 at 7:07 AM, WoodenMarker said:

I did what you said, CPU temp is now around 40 degrees at idle, which is noticeable better. Thanks a lot!

On 13/1/2018 at 2:54 PM, Jamiejbp said:

Hello, I noticed my Intel core i5-7600k is running around 50 degrees Celsius at idle. When i started a stress test it went up to around 91 degrees. I don't get why. My case is air cooled with 3 case fans 1 stock and 2 noctua) and my CPU cooler is an Be Quiet Pure Rock Fullsize. Do you guys have any ideas?

Temp.jpg

Did you put thermal compound? Does it have good airflow (Intake and outake)?

34 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

Did you put thermal compound? Does it have good airflow (Intake and outake)?

All that is pretty much covered in thread before. Prebuild in tempered glass hell.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

All that is pretty much covered in thread before. Prebuild in tempered glass hell.

Question: Why do YouTube dislike Corsair?

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

He y si the Enthoo Evolv ATX TG a good case?

37 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

Question: Why do YouTube dislike Corsair?

Because there's ton of better brands. Only thing I can give some credit for Corsair is that their budget PSUs don't suck.

34 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

He y si the Enthoo Evolv ATX TG a good case?

Not really. Too restrictive airflow.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv