Should I get a Moto G?

megadarkwood

I have a S2 with a cracked screen and a bulging battery, seeing the price of the Moto G ($200) I am really considering it.

Should I get it?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

if you can live with the disadvantages of a cheaper build phone (like MKBHD mentioned), its a great phone!

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Go for it it's a nice upgrade , the only big proiblem is the lack if Nfc but if you dont use nfc on a regular basis i would get one.

Interested in Business and Technology

Yep

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Sure but I would want to wait.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Speaking as someone who went to the Nexus 5 from the SII GT-i9100, I'd normally tell you to do the same. If you're constrained by budget then I don't see why not, but it wouldn't hurt to wait a bit longer. If you can afford to save up a bit, then do that (the One Mini / Z1f are pretty attractive if it's form factor you're going for).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

if you can live with the disadvantages of a cheaper build phone (like MKBHD mentioned), its a great phone!

Its honestly a faster phone than my current one.

Go for it it's a nice upgrade , the only big proiblem is the lack if Nfc but if you dont use nfc on a regular basis i would get one.

Never used NFC and don't think I ever will.

Yep

:D

Sure but I would want to wait.

I can barely see the screen because of the cracks :/

Speaking as someone who went to the Nexus 5 from the SII GT-i9100, I'd normally tell you to do the same. If you're constrained by budget then I don't see why not, but it wouldn't hurt to wait a bit longer. If you can afford to save up a bit, then do that (the One Mini / Z1f are pretty attractive if it's form factor you're going for).

See above :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla