Hyper-X Cloud 2 hub..........

Watashi

It glows red, and simply does not match the aesthetic of the rest of my computer, or my room for that matter. Although the logo itself looks extremely clean, I am just not a fan of the color. I do not believe there is anyway to open the HUB without damaging it in some way. I am looking for a way to "black-out" the red logo. I was thinking of painting over it with black paint. Any suggestions? Here is a picture of the hub if that helps.

hyperxcloudii_1-100586708-orig.png

Black electric tape. Then you can later remove it.

2 minutes ago, Almostbauws said:

Black electric tape. Then you can later remove it.

I was thinking that too, but I'm not sure that would look very "clean" it would be clear to me where the edges of the tape are.

2 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I was thinking that too, but I'm not sure that would look very "clean" it would be clear to me where the edges of the tape are.

Maybe if you did a clean job it wouldn't be that noticable, but you can always use back paint/marker to color over. But then the resell value would go down.

7 minutes ago, Almostbauws said:

Maybe if you did a clean job it wouldn't be that noticable, but you can always use back paint/marker to color over. But then the resell value would go down.

Not concerned about resell value to be entirely honest, plan on using them until they don't work anymore. They're nice headphones.

4 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Use vinyl wrap you can cut the edges along the buttons and contour it around so it looks pretty much seamless. 

7 hours ago, W-L said:

Use vinyl wrap you can cut the edges along the buttons and contour it around so it looks pretty much seamless. 

https://www.amazon.com/Realistic-Paint-Like-Microfinish-VViViD-Technology/dp/B00FXY7W9U/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1515900706&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=black+vinyl+wrap&psc=1

something like that look good?

1 hour ago, Doomerson said:

Yes that would be it, personally I wouldn't go with gloss for finger print reasons but that's up to you.

3 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

vinyl? i am afraid that the edges will pear of it not bended around the edge

Vinyl doesn't peel easily unless it was applied incorrectly, You can heat and stretch it easily enough so it contours to compounds curve surfaces a slight edge is nothing for it.