New Chair?

Yo! I've had my current chair for YEARS, and it's falling apart. I see all kinds of people with DxRacers, because of the back support among other things, but they're very expensive! i really want one similar to these in design and support, but not with all the added cost. I'm not exactly sure if that's possible, but I thought I'd ask. Those or any other suggestions are very much appreciated! I don't want to spend more than I have to on a good chair, but they are good investments. I want to spend roughly $100 on a good chair, and preferably one that will not destroy my back. Thanks!!

I just picked up a pretty nice chair from a company on Amazon. It was $150 USD after shipping? It's by GTRacing and it's called the GT000-GRAY/BLACK.

Feels pretty premium, soft, comfortable, good support. I also didn't want to spend several hundred on a chair when I spent more than a decade in an old chair, which is also falling apart ;-)

12 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Get a real chair not a racing seat.

They aren't even real racing seats. They're like faux car seats lol.

Honestly for 100$ I went to a junkyard and bought a real car seat and built a frame for it to sit on. You can get pretty much any color/material/shape you want. some have heaters in them. way better than the faux 2 fast 2 furious seats lol

If you want a good ergonomical chair, those are never cheap... 

I went for example only for a gaming one because it was cheaper than the other office chair choices for me (nearly 2 meters). That one was around 329 bucks... but it is comfy, and the construct beneath all the cushioning is pure metal, so no plastic that breaks.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

On 1/12/2018 at 1:57 PM, emosun said:

They aren't even real racing seats. They're like faux car seats lol.

Honestly for 100$ I went to a junkyard and bought a real car seat and built a frame for it to sit on. You can get pretty much any color/material/shape you want. some have heaters in them. way better than the faux 2 fast 2 furious seats lol

You know I've heard of people doing that before I'd love to see a guide or something on it especially one with the heated seats and how to make them work

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Used Herman Miller, embody is better than aeron, but aeron will do. 

Work overtime. Sell your train collection. 100 will buy you junk. 

On 12/01/2018 at 10:41 AM, Matonic01 said:

Yo! I've had my current chair for YEARS, and it's falling apart. I see all kinds of people with DxRacers, because of the back support among other things, but they're very expensive! i really want one similar to these in design and support, but not with all the added cost. I'm not exactly sure if that's possible, but I thought I'd ask. Those or any other suggestions are very much appreciated! I don't want to spend more than I have to on a good chair, but they are good investments. I want to spend roughly $100 on a good chair, and preferably one that will not destroy my back. Thanks!!

Sorry to rain on your parade but you gotta spend big money to get a decent chair. 

I got myself a DX Racer Boss a few months ago ($$$$) totally worth it as it is one of the few chairs on the market that gives me full neck and head support while being reclined. I'm also a bigger guy, 6'1 230lb 

That extra DX racer "cost" your talking about is the quality of the product they are making don't espect to get anything half decent for less then 300. 

As one of the other guys mentioned you could literally take a seat out of a car and mount it to your old chairs frame. Not a bad way to go if your handy with the right tools and have more time then money. 

On 1/15/2018 at 10:59 PM, Cyborgsmith said:

Sorry to rain on your parade but you gotta spend big money to get a decent chair. 

I got myself a DX Racer Boss a few months ago ($$$$) totally worth it as it is one of the few chairs on the market that gives me full neck and head support while being reclined. I'm also a bigger guy, 6'1 230lb 

That extra DX racer "cost" your talking about is the quality of the product they are making don't espect to get anything half decent for less then 300. 

As one of the other guys mentioned you could literally take a seat out of a car and mount it to your old chairs frame. Not a bad way to go if your handy with the right tools and have more time then money. 

Yeah, I didn't mean I wanted a DXRacer chair, because I don't have $300 to drop on it. I mean, I've seen a bunch of off-brand ones, so i didn't know if those were THAT much worse, and it doesn't even have to be a chair like that, I'm just looking for one that will give me the support I need while gaming.