CableMod on a Semi Modular PSU

PSP.
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
2 hours ago, Fahad ALme said:

That mean i can buy anything for Semi ?

It will not replace the cables from the PSU as in the name they only extend the cables that are already there. What is your PSU. 

https://cablemod.com/product-category/basic-extension-kits/

Hello 

my build into the NZXT S340 Elite and the cables from my PSU look pretty ugly through the shiny tempered glass :/ My question now is if i can just purchase some nice cables from CableMod and use them as extensions for my PCIE cable( micro Atx ). Will there be any kind of lower power transfer or is it possible that any kind of danger will occur? Thank you guys in advance! P.S. Which one is looking better : -ModFlex -ModMesh ( i think this looks better?) Anyone know the difference?? Thanks!

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

3 minutes ago, Fahad ALme said:

Hello 

my build into the NZXT S340 Elite and the cables from my PSU look pretty ugly through the shiny tempered glass :/ My question now is if i can just purchase some nice cables from CableMod and use them as extensions for my 24-Pin ATX and PCIE cable. Will there be any kind of lower power transfer or is it possible that any kind of danger will occur? Thank you guys in advance! P.S. Which one is looking better : -ModFlex -ModMesh ( i think this looks better?) Anyone know the difference?? Thanks!

Extensions aren’t an issue as long as your not making some ridiculously long extension cables. Mod flex is a paracord type sleeve (fabric like and fine weave) and mod mesh is PET or plastic sleeve (coarse weave), it’s up to preference on what people like but personally I like PET or mod mesh more. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

Extensions aren’t an issue as long as your not making some ridiculously long extension cables. Mod flex is a paracord type sleeve (fabric like and fine weave) and mod mesh is PET or plastic sleeve (coarse weave), it’s up to preference on what people like but personally I like PET or mod mesh more. 

That mean i can buy anything for Semi ?

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

13 minutes ago, W-L said:

can you link white cables from amazon ,,?

15 hours ago, Fahad ALme said:

can you link white cables from amazon ,,?

It doesn't look as though PPCS currently has our ModMesh White extension kit in stock through their Amazon store page but you can purchase direct from them.

You could purchase from our global store as well if you would like, but you would likely save some money on shipping by purchasing from PPCS.

ModMesh White Kit:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cablemod-basic-modmeshtm-cable-extension-kit-dual-6-2-pin-series-white.html

ModFlex White Kit:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cablemod-basic-modflextm-cable-extension-kit-dual-6-2-pin-series-white.html

ModFlex is our paracord option, which is softer and more flexible.

ModMesh is our PET/nylon option, which offers more vibrant colors, and is UV reactive, while also being slightly thicker.

Also - thank you @W-L for helping. :)

On 1/12/2018 at 11:26 PM, W-L said:

It will not replace the cables from the PSU as in the name they only extend the cables that are already there. What is your PSU. 

https://cablemod.com/product-category/basic-extension-kits/

sorry i late

this my PSU

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DZ6R9GE/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon direct shipping to Kuwait i pref link from amazon

Thx

On 1/13/2018 at 11:54 AM, CableMod said:

It doesn't look as though PPCS currently has our ModMesh White extension kit in stock through their Amazon store page but you can purchase direct from them.

You could purchase from our global store as well if you would like, but you would likely save some money on shipping by purchasing from PPCS.

ModMesh White Kit:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cablemod-basic-modmeshtm-cable-extension-kit-dual-6-2-pin-series-white.html

ModFlex White Kit:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cablemod-basic-modflextm-cable-extension-kit-dual-6-2-pin-series-white.html

ModFlex is our paracord option, which is softer and more flexible.

ModMesh is our PET/nylon option, which offers more vibrant colors, and is UV reactive, while also being slightly thicker.

Also - thank you @W-L for helping. :)

Thank you very much 

9 hours ago, Fahad ALme said:

sorry i late

this my PSU

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DZ6R9GE/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon direct shipping to Kuwait i pref link from amazon

Thx

That's a non-modualr PSU your only option would be to use sleeved extensions on it. 

4 hours ago, W-L said:

That's a non-modualr PSU your only option would be to use sleeved extensions on it. 

can you link from amazon please

14 hours ago, W-L said:

Thank you very much

i was confused how to plug them but now i exactly know what you all mean and how its work

That ugly cable out from psu is male cable  put it inside case,  and take extensions female plug them together :D

extensions male plug to motherboard :x

Thank you very much 

2 hours ago, Fahad ALme said:

Thank you very much

i was confused how to plug them but now i exactly know what you all mean and how its work

That ugly cable out from psu is male cable  put it inside case,  and take extensions female plug them together :D

extensions male plug to motherboard :x

Thank you very much 

You plug the extensions to the PSU cables and then to the motherboard and components, hence extending it. 

6 hours ago, W-L said:

You plug the extensions to the PSU cables and then to the motherboard and components, hence extending it. 

Yep i got it

youtubers they show the cables color and how cable looking

and was seaching i found this video i said whaaat i cannot do that

i was think is really hard like this video

now i know is very very esey just plug the extensions to the PSU cables and then to the motherboard and components

now we have 6 AM . around 9 AM i will go to buy this cables

http://quadrastores.com/index.php/home/product_view/1711/CableMod-Basic-Cable-Extension-Kit-86-Pin-Series-White#sthash.vma0nHRo.dpbs

Thank you W-L for your patience With my bad language

4 minutes ago, Fahad ALme said:

-SNIP-

Custom making cables does have a certain quality to it if you get really good at it or get it done by someone. The main thing with hand sleeving is time, it's not overly hard once you get everything sorted out but you need a lot of patience and time to make a set of really nice sleeved cables. If you plan to make lots of custom cables in the future and stuff investing in the tools and such is good but in this case just that alone will exceed the cost of an extensions kit. 

21 minutes ago, W-L said:

Custom making cables does have a certain quality to it if you get really good at it or get it done by someone. The main thing with hand sleeving is time, it's not overly hard once you get everything sorted out but you need a lot of patience and time to make a set of really nice sleeved cables. If you plan to make lots of custom cables in the future and stuff investing in the tools and such is good but in this case just that alone will exceed the cost of an extensions kit. 

Maybe i go to an electrician and asking him
because he has the tools
They do it for me not a problem that I pay a small amount 
but I think no problem in buying cablemod 
Will I have  a problem in the future?

because of extensions kit by cablemod .. ?

5 minutes ago, Fahad ALme said:

Maybe i go to an electrician and asking him
because he has the tools
They do it for me not a problem that I pay a small amount 
but I think no problem in buying cablemod 
Will I have  a problem in the future?

because of extensions kit by cablemod .. ?

No a general electrican will not do any of this work, what you need to look for is if you want to get custom hand made cables is look for places that specialize in the like Mainframe Customs, Mod-one and such. 

The extensions will not be a problem, you can even use it on different PSU's if you change your system.

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

No a general electrican will not do any of this work, what you need to look for is if you want to get custom hand made cables is look for places that specialize in the like Mainframe Customs, Mod-one and such. 

The extensions will not be a problem, you can even use it on different PSU's if you change your system.

perfect got it will buy cables fast buy and plug

Thank you mate