Define R6 and Radiator Support

14 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Nope, for a no budget system, the Quadro is what I'd go with. Check the entire spec sheets:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/3066/quadro-gv100

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/3051/titan-v

That's how you can see that the gaming performance will be pretty much equal. Check the entire spec sheets :)

I'll help illustrate it for you:

Quadro specs: 

Shading Units 5120
TMUs 320
ROPs 128
SM Count 80
Tensor Cores 640

GPU Clock 1200 MHz
Boost Clock 1447 MHz
Memory Clock 850 MHz (1700 MHz effective)

Memory Size 32768 MB
Memory Type HBM2
Memory Bus 4096 bit
Bandwidth 870.4 GB/s
---------------------------

Titan specs:

Shading Units 5120
TMUs 320
ROPs 96
SM Count 80
Tensor Cores 640

GPU Clock 1200 MHz
Boost Clock 1455 MHz
Memory Clock 850 MHz (1700 MHz effective)

Memory Size 12288 MB
Memory Type HBM2
Memory Bus 3072 bit
Bandwidth 652.8 GB/s

The Quadro has 32 more ROPs, 8 MHz slower boost clock, gobs more VRAM and the increased memory bandwidth of having all 4 of it's memory stacks enabled.

Everything else is 100% identical. 

None of those differences is going to make much if any difference good or bad for gaming performance in comparison to the Titan V.

However, one thing that you didn't mention which to me would make a HUGE argument in your favor would be that the Quadro GV100 has NVLink enabled out of the box, and NVLink supports SLI connections so that is currently the only way to have SLI Volta cards which I imagine will destroy any other setup currently on the market in games that have good support for SLI. 

This is the entire reason I've been trying to figure out how to mod my Titan V's to get NVLink working.

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

Um, no. 32 more ROPs and much higher memory bus will make a difference. Yes, not a day and night difference, but it'll still perform faster.

I don't know why you bought two of those cards hoping to get NV Link work, as Nvidia disabled it on them, unless you have a specific use for two of course.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

Um, no. 32 more ROPs and much higher memory bus will make a difference. Yes, not a day and night difference, but it'll still perform faster.

I don't know why you bought two of those cards hoping to get NV Link work, as Nvidia disabled it on them, unless you have a specific use for two of course.

I can tell you why - because I like hardware tinkering, and wanted to see what exactly Nvidia did to "disable" NVLink on it. 

All anyone ever did was parrot Nvidia about NVLink being disabled but nobody actually looked into it, and as far as my testing has shown it seems to be only at the driver level. 

For people who like to tinker and mod anything, this type of project is very fun. 

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

37 minutes ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

I can tell you why - because I like hardware tinkering, and wanted to see what exactly Nvidia did to "disable" NVLink on it. 

All anyone ever did was parrot Nvidia about NVLink being disabled but nobody actually looked into it, and as far as my testing has shown it seems to be only at the driver level. 

For people who like to tinker and mod anything, this type of project is very fun. 

Yeah, you utterly wasted your money. Like buying two different cards and trying to get SLi work with hacks and failing at it.

Anybody who understands about these things knows Nvidia's business policies. They love doing this kind of stuff, it's nothing new.

Maybe sell one of them along with your monitor and get a FALD, or upgrade the CPU, or Optane or something. Many other things that can be done instead of having a $3000 card sit and do nothing.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

Yeah, you utterly wasted your money. Like buying two different cards and trying to get SLi work with hacks and failing at it.

Anybody who understands about these things knows Nvidia's business policies. They love doing this kind of stuff, it's nothing new.

Maybe sell one of them along with your monitor and get a FALD, or upgrade the CPU, or Optane or something. Many other things that can be done instead of having a $3000 card sit and do nothing.

Not sure how you define 'waste' but I'm quite enjoying this project. Pretty sure I can get them working soon, and if not I will put one into a new mainstream build for a 2nd rig.

Enabling NVLink on two identical cards which only have it disabled on a software level is literally the exact opposite of 'buying two different cards and trying to get SLi work with hacks and failing at it', but I'm not here to change your negative ways of thinking. Whatever keeps you happy ;)

Nvidia doesn't allow many things to happen on a software level. They had PhysX blocks, Windows Server blocks, they don't support Freesync and so on. All those are because of their business practices.

I don't know why you think you're "pretty sure" you can get something like that work so easily. It might but I heavily doubt it. It's a waste because you have a non-functional $3000 card in your rig, and a big waste at it (obviously this is without considering putting it in a second rig or something).

I'm not really here to negatively think, in fact, it was not even me who started this discussion about your system. Somebody else did and I thought I might chime in. Surely it went off topic, but it is what it is.

On 5/26/2018 at 9:12 AM, Lokesh Uvaraj said:

Which ram are you using? I will be using a tridentz rgb on an Asus X299-E gaming and wanted to know if it will fit the EK version of rads. 

Here's the image of the rad thicknesses (will use only the 360 mm ones!) will use 25mm thick fans (vardar)Radiators_support_graphic_2.jpg.6a241320ad7e85281c6bb568e32217e4.jpg

Image from www.EKWB.com

It should fit as long as your EK rads are the 120mm variants, not the 140

Image result for define r6 watercool

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

i couldnt get my EL MLC Pheonix 360 to fit in the top of my R6 with the trident-z RGB RAM (maximus hero X mobo) so it's in the front in "alternate layout". a custom loop will likely be different as the phoenix has more bulk with the pump+res on it.

i was planning on adding another rad to the top to increase the cooling but decided against it since the single 360 is more than adequate to cool the 8700k and 1080ti

On 5/29/2018 at 5:41 PM, TVwazhere said:

It should fit as long as your EK rads are the 120mm variants, not the 140

Image result for define r6 watercool

Do you have the 60mm thick rad on the front? 

Would you suggest two 60 mm thick 360mm rads? 

One at the front and one at the top? 

3 hours ago, Lokesh Uvaraj said:

Do you have the 60mm thick rad on the front? 

Would you suggest two 60 mm thick 360mm rads? 

One at the front and one at the top? 

I personally have not built in this case, but here's a build where someone did use a 60mm at the tyop and a slim at the front. He notes in his write up that you could fit a thicker rad in the front but youd need to move the fans to the outside of the case, which means they'd be too close to the front panel (you'd have to mod the panel to cut out holes or put 1"/25mm spacers to get good enough airflow

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I personally have not built in this case, but here's a build where someone did use a 60mm at the tyop and a slim at the front. He notes in his write up that you could fit a thicker rad in the front but youd need to move the fans to the outside of the case, which means they'd be too close to the front panel (you'd have to mod the panel to cut out holes or put 1"/25mm spacers to get good enough airflow

What if I throw in a 360PE at the front? 

Will it work without and mod? 

On 5/26/2018 at 10:01 PM, Lokesh Uvaraj said:

Titan V is like the highest spec graphics card today

See the "like" there? @Motifator

On 6/1/2018 at 11:41 PM, TVwazhere said:

What is I install a 360PE at the front and a 360XE at the top? Will it fit without any mod? @TVwazhere

2 hours ago, Lokesh Uvaraj said:

See the "like" there? @Motifator

Depends on how you understand it, because there is a stronger card. There is no need for the "like". It's a known fact.