I can't turn down my CPU cooler good enough using SpeedFan

Well hello everyone,

I got some noise problems since I upgraded my CPU Cooler, which was the basic Intel device. Now I have a no name thing for around 20 bucks.

After installing this new cooler, the pc got much louder so I searched around for a reason for that till I figured out that I can reduce the noice level by reducing the fan speed using SpeedFan. 

So I downloaded it, watched some vids about how to set it up and now I can actually turn the speed up and down but only down to 950-1000 rpm wich is still to fast. I played Mass Effect Andromeda some hours and the cpu wasn't even on 40 degrees, typing word docs doesn't even heat it up to 28 or so. 

Pls tell me something guys, I need to fix this.

The stock intel cooler is a PWM fan. Is the fan on this no-name thing PWM as well? If not, did you set the control type to DC in your BIOS?

maybe you need a quieter fan... a cheap heatsink can't have a quality fan...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

What fan and motherboard are you using? Which header are you powering the fan off of?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.