Emails reveal extent of Google's toxic work culture

2 minutes ago, Anjelllo said:

I'd be fucking mad if I lost my job due to shit like this

So mad you'd immediately run to an insane fucking idiot like Stephan Molyneux to cry about the evil, cultural marxists at Google on his show?

This guy is just a shitty conservative masquerading as a "woke centrist" like so many. He intentionally tried to drown in a glass of water and now he's milking his case for all it's worth.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

So mad you'd immediately run to an insane fucking idiot like Stephan Molyneux to cry about the evil, cultural marxists at Google on his show?

This guy is just a shitty conservative masquerading as a "woke centrist" like so many. He intentionally tried to drown in a glass of water and now he's milking his case for all it's worth.

Idk who tf Stephan Molyneux is, but hell yeah, I'd sue google :D 

@hey_yo_agreed (and btw i love me some factual feminist)

I Myself have seen Loads of racism against white people in Africa, from the simplest of things like white people get asked far more money for the same item, to people not being able to get a job because of their color, all races are able to be racist. (loads more examples if anyone interested in them)

11 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

woke centrist

"Woke" refers to the far left so that statement basically means he became left

Think you wanted redpilled or something akin to that

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

so you have a huge company discriminating against people, and you are complaining about the guy that was fired because of it, come on.

and i did read his first post and even though it isnt 100% unbiased (no one is ) it was correct on almost all of it and it was presented very well.

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

"Woke" refers to the far left so that statement basically means left

Think you wanted redpilled or something akin to that

I've been off those memes of for a while you might be correct.

@Anjelllo Well on that point yeah, that's bank. But when it comes to political stuff I find it damaging to involve it on a work dispute so either he really believes his anti-SJW stances or even worst he's just using it to get bank cause he knows it's a decent angle.

So still no sympathy for me: bad jobs, bad bosses and such happen to all of us. It's distinctly American to go the very public lawsuit route though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

27 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

In a separate post, employee Scott Bruceheart wrote, "Dear all the white people: do not put the burden of relieving your systematic racist discrimination on the people that aren't white. It is not the responsibility of the victim to end the victimisation. It is the responsibility of the victimiser to stop being terrible."

"Next time you get invited to speak at a conference, especially if you're a white male — ask the organiser to confirm if you're the only white male on the panel / in the speaker line-up," he wrote.

"If not, say you're honoured, but must decline, and give the reason. And because you are at Google, guess what — they're going to change the panel for you. You'll feel bad about inconveniencing them.

This is true Racism

Reading that hurt my brain!!

5 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

so you have a huge company discriminating against people, and you are complaining about the guy that was fired because of it, come on.

and i did read his first post and even though it isnt 100% unbiased (no one is ) it was correct on almost all of it and it was presented very well.

Didn't read all the hundreds of emails but I didn't actually read any discrimination on that OP article: discussing people who oppose Facism is not discrimination, it's a (imo deeply misguided) attempt to stop their open attempts at discrimination on the bases of race.

So yeah you might not like this opinion but for me, you don't have the right to freely say "I want to remove rights from others because of some crazy conspiracies on Jews and African Americans". Opposing those ideas is commendable (Just not in the way Antifa does it)

-------

Current Rig

-------

Didn't read all the hundreds of emails but I didn't actually read any discrimination on that OP article: discussing people who oppose Facism is not discrimination, it's a (imo deeply misguided) attempt to stop their open attempts at discrimination on the bases of race.

So yeah you might not like this opinion but for me, you don't have the right to freely say "I want to remove rights from others because of some crazy conspiracies on Jews and African Americans". Opposing those ideas is commendable (Just not in the way Antifa does it)

see the post right above yours, i found them on the source the OP gave us

I feel the reaction here is a bit disproportionate here. We are talking of a company with a massive number of employees. As far as i've seen, this is a minority. Saying

Emails reveal extent of Google's toxic work culture

feels a bit sensationalist. I am not defending the comments that were made within those emails and boards but dont go too far either. If it really is a common behavior from 10% or more of the company staff then I might consider it company culture but this article shows nothing about such a thing. 100 pages is nothing. It could come from less than 20 individuals for all I know

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

see the post right above yours, i found them on the source the OP gave us

So you never had a nutty co-worker? Cause I had, and still have, tons of them that also won't shut up about politics. Most people are ok with ignoring that nonsense.

Unless you can show me this came straight from an HR representative, it's still just nonsense. I personally would reprimand that employee but I wouldn't quit or behave just as poorly with my own memo like he did.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Any better coverage than some irrelevant newspaper in no man's land?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

So you never had a nutty co-worker? Cause I had, and still have, tons of them that also won't shut up about politics. Most people are ok with ignoring that nonsense.

Unless you can show me this came straight from an HR representative, it's still just nonsense. I personally would reprimand that employee but I wouldn't quit or behave just as poorly with my own memo like he did.

i think we are confusing the two topics here, this one is about corporate culture, people are complaining that said culture is anti white....

the other is the guy that sent a memo and got fired

about the memo guy, he was responding to a post of some kind of someone from a department of equality or something similar, in which they implied that it was a problem that google lacked the same percentage of female to male that the general polulation has (aka aroun 50/50).

and he responded with facts and logic about how that isnt a problem and isnt a result of discrimination against women, but the result of men and women having different choices.

about the corporate culture, it seems by this emails that there is a problem of racism/prejudice which should be combated 

Just now, cj09beira said:

i think we are confusing the two topics here, this one is about corporate culture, people are complaining that said culture is anti white....

the other is the guy that sent a memo and got fired

about the memo guy, he was responding to a post of some kind of someone from a department of equality or something similar, in which they implied that it was a problem that google lacked the same percentage of female to male that the general polulation has (aka aroun 50/50).

and he responded with facts and logic about how that isnt a problem and isnt a result of discrimination against women, but the result of men and women having different choices.

about the corporate culture, it seems by this emails that there is a problem of racism/prejudice which should be combated 

Corporate culture should come direct from the corporation itself or someone representing it on an official capacity, not co-workers. I have a big problem imagining that Google itself would declare "Whites not allowed in talks" policy in any kind official capacity.

Otherwise I think it's conflating "corporate" with "workplace" culture, very different things. But as a reminder, I am just going off very little information from that article I haven't read all the emails we probably should wait for the court case before forming an opinion.

-------

Current Rig

-------

16 minutes ago, Blackie Sheen said:

I feel the reaction here is a bit disproportionate here. We are talking of a company with a massive number of employees. As far as i've seen, this is a minority. Saying

feels a bit sensationalist. I am not defending the comments that were made within those emails and boards but dont go too far either. If it really is a common behavior from 10% or more of the company staff then I might consider it company culture but this article shows nothing about such a thing. 100 pages is nothing. It could come from less than 20 individuals for all I know

i would agree with you  if we didnt have more context, and we do

google is known to change search results to favor more left leaning results, they also seem to make sure anything right leaning doesnt show up on youtube's trending list, they are deploying anti bias training which starts from the position of thinking you are against minorities/racist, the training has also been proven to not work at all by its own creator,

they also fired a guy for saying its ok to not have a 50% female and 50% male staff, 

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Corporate culture should come direct from the corporation itself or someone representing it on an official capacity, not co-workers. I have a big problem imagining that Google itself would declare "Whites not allowed in talks" policy in any kind official capacity.

Otherwise I think it's conflating "corporate" with "workplace" culture, very different things. But as a reminder, I am just going off very little information from that article I haven't read all the emails we probably should wait for the court case before forming an opinion.

we both have little info to go on, my assumption right now is that even though its not a "official" stance they don't do anything to oppose it which is already bad.

with the full emails and who sent them to whom we might figure this out

Here's a must read op-ed about the Google Memo brouhaha by psychologist Dr. Pamela B. Paresky 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-and-the-pursuit-leadership/201709/when-speak-out-culture-becomes-callout-culture

What happened at Google is part of an illiberal orthodoxy that is intensifying on college campuses across the country...Perhaps what makes the Google scenario stand out from even the most astounding campus reactions is that Google is not a college campus, but a company. And not just any company, but one responsible for much of the scientific, historical and objective facts that many, if not most of us find online.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

Any better coverage than some irrelevant newspaper in the best place in the world?

Sorry for reading my local paper in the morning.

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

Immediately run to? Those were the only people reaching out to him. A multitude of articles and videos upon the memo's release, the majority factually wrong and none of the news agencies could be bothered to set up an interview to hear his side.

These are the people who control your internet existence. They hold all of your data, all of your personal information and everything you don't want to get out there. And they're using their corporate BBS to target people whose ideologies they disagree with.

Consider that for a moment.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

"By being a white male you are in a privileged class that is actively harmful to others, whether you like it or not..."

Um...excuse me...but I'm pretty sure we don't live in the early 20th century anymore, so I think you should do a Discount Double Check of your words.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

2 hours ago, Fooshi said:

We want diversity, but not really.

Just waiting for that shocking news story of someone with a vendetta at Google abusing their access privileges in a way to publish political opponents' private info.

Please God I wish that never happens. 

Also diversity is code for no white people now. Didn't know if you knew that. 

On this topic of James Damore and Google... There is a grand amount of heated opinions, division and anger. I would personally recommend that everyone who would like to comment on the subject at hand or about James Damore to go and READ the WHOLE memo that he authored. IMO it is blatently obvious the memo is:

Link to Damores memo HERE

1. well informed

2. well constructed

3. intended for good

4. designed to encourage constructive change for a better work place

5. does not include any anger/hatred/intent to harm

I have read several journalists articles regarding the lawsuit that James Damore is a part of and have also skimmed/read through several dozen pages of the actual 161 page lawsuit document.

Link to Article about lawsuit: HERE

Link to Lawsuit document: HERE

The included material is obviously designed to focus upon the grievances brought up in the lawsuit so I would like to remind everyone that the content is not how “googlers” likely interact with one another in every conversation.

The Enormous list of direct examples included in the lawsuit (they're not hard to find, open the lawsuit, scroll down, and begin reading the emails and messages with the explanations above them, the body of the lawsuit is in plain english and contains very little legal jargon) are direct quotes primarily via screenshots and emails do show various degrees of annoyance, contempt and hatred from google employees directed towards individuals who do not conform to the prescribed google norm.

Those screenshots/emails/messages are mostly within the confines of the company itself from employee to employee while at work and in many cases are repeatedly reviewed by the governing google body and deigned to be perfectly acceptable... after being reviewed by google.

The impression that this leaves me with, after reading many pages of the lawsuit, and dozens of peer to peer interactions within google... is that it would be an incredibly hostile workplace to be in, IF you do not agree with/believe in/ascribe to that viewpoint that is actively promoted within Google.

As a note, I will again encourage everyone here who is interested in this to go and read Damore's memo, the article I provided a link to and to skim through the lawsuit document rather than immedately jump on one hate train or the other.

Damore sought to express his viewpoints on how to improve the workplace at google and increase diversity, without reading his memo and understanding what is included in the lawsuit it is not possible to accurately discuss this topic.

I will post below a few examples of the interactions the lawsuit has chosen to use that stood out to me.

Email that Damore Recieved after his memo was posted from within the company

1DamoreFyou.jpg.5886d05b66f9cb88b5cfb0fe4bf8e666.jpg

Google awarding monetary bonuses to employees for actively speaking against Damore

2Damorebonuses.jpg.800438f4b6aa7d8b5c4671afa0dd497f.jpg

Google employees violently reacting and actively speaking against differing views.

3DamoreSilence.jpg.9ee76002f99194fd0b9e0ea9533b6f6e.jpg

Google as a company maintains a list of people that they will remove from the premises only because of the topics of the books they have written.

DamoreAuthorBlacklist.jpg.4796854e2a00f937936391699511d301.jpg

Edited by Maxxtraxx
name