Emails reveal extent of Google's toxic work culture

3 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

xD Google, ethics xD 

YouTube's recent behavior should be a good enough example of how Google only cares about money.  Even outside of Google, there are plenty of examples of how calling yourself "the good guy" means absolutely nothing.  (*cough* Hillary Clinton *cough*)

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

3 hours ago, Anjelllo said:

Damn, I never knew it was THIS bad.

I did.  I've watched one of James Damore's ads about it.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

2 hours ago, cj09beira said:

i would agree with you  if we didnt have more context, and we do

google is known to change search results to favor more left leaning results, they also seem to make sure anything right leaning doesnt show up on youtube's trending list, they are deploying anti bias training which starts from the position of thinking you are against minorities/racist, the training has also been proven to not work at all by its own creator,

they also fired a guy for saying its ok to not have a 50% female and 50% male staff, 

That still doesnt imply that the corporate decisions and the toxic behaviors have nothing to do with each other. Lets not go into supposition and also lets not suppose that the only source that was given is purely objective. All journals and article writers have subjective stances on certain topics. Lets not take this article for the absolute truth.

And about the case where they fired a guy for saying its fine to not have a 50% female and 50% male distribution, it probably has nothing with the fact that google is leftist. It probably has more to do that the issue became public and it was better publicity for them to fire the guy then letting him stay. Not saying that this is any better but its a different issue altogether 

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

3 hours ago, cj09beira said:

its wierd as he was responding on the correct "forum" to a new policy google was implementing, he's response brutally showed that what the policy tried to do was wrong/incorrect on almost all levels, it got viral on said forum and then leaked to the public.

dont remember hearing of any complaints at all, and the official explanation for them firing him was BS, i think they said something like: you were sexist/transfobe/ other buss words, cant remember which one it was, but it was one of them 

When I said complaints, I meant just general complaints not official in writing, although I am sure they happened too.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, Anjelllo said:

I'd be fucking mad if I lost my job due to shit like this

You wouldn't lose your job for not posting a manifesto so there's that

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

3 hours ago, Maxxtraxx said:

-snip

Wow just wow google...

How is this toxic? (I want to expand on this, but throwing this out there for the moment as the points made in the comments and title don't quite match up).

PC in Profile

12 minutes ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

How is this toxic? (I want to expand on this, but throwing this out there for the moment as the points made in the comments and title don't quite match up).

Go read the lawsuit document @Maxxtraxx linked.

Here https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6p02fijxrd7c6m/20180108 Damore - Complaint_fs.pdf?dl=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_be_evil

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Gullerback said:

Its racism on such a level i dont think the racists even think they are racist.   Its truely astounding.

It feels like one of those "the abyss gazes back into you" scenarios where you have fought the "enemy" for so long that you invariably end up becoming a grotesque reflection of that which you once hated. You think you are the good guy and fighting the good fight, but the tactics used make you just as deplorable, if not worse. 

World is truley messed up. The guy says some common sense and get slaughtered by "leftwing" nazis/facists who are so far removed left wing that they just refuse to believe that they are what they say to hate. If you are the best qualified person for a job regardless of race/colour/politics etc then just hire that fucking person, end this fucking culture of must be male/female/whatever colour because of whats pc fashion. If you end up with a mostly black/white/male/female/elephant/polkadot workforce then so be it, it's just because they were the best at the time of being hired.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

2 hours ago, abazigal said:

It feels like one of those "the abyss gazes back into you" scenarios where you have fought the "enemy" for so long that you invariably end up becoming a grotesque reflection of that which you once hated. You think you are the good guy and fighting the good fight, but the tactics used make you just as deplorable, if not worse. 

No. Google's original motto was inverted projection. They wanted to think themselves as not evil, even if they were already in the spying game very early into their business. Though their real problem was being so successful, which attracts the parasites. Google is still only 2 truly profitable products, with a few smaller ones that might finally be net profitable, but their staff of over 70,000 should really be under 30k. They are infested with people who's objectives have nothing to do with making the business viable and everything to do with political/cultural ends.

If Google was smart, they'd have offered Damore a very, very large check to go away last year. Odds are they're going to try to drag this out as long as possible, lose badly, then appeal for years. Someone is legal will convince the higher-ups that it's the most profitable approach, ignoring the externalities that are going to happen. Google is guilty of systematic sexual, race and viewpoint discrimination. (Latter is important for CA Labor Law.) So it should be fun to watch their heads explode for years, as this is probably going to play out for 4-5 years before it's all done.

I've personally been the victim of racists against whites in the short time I've spent in a computer-related hardware company with just north of 200 employees in a particular European country.

I shall keep both the company's name and location from this post however. This firm had brought upon itself the need to hire people from diverse ethnicity and background and priority was given to candidates from outside Europe. This was communicated to me as I was part of the recruitment for my department. Too often have we turned down very promising local candidates in favor of less qualified ones from outside Europe in order to keep the diverse "quota". Hiring from outside EU often also means waiting for the candidate to have a residency and work visa/permit meanwhile having the position on hold for this particular person. This could take anywhere from 3 to 6 months from the time we offered the position to when the new hire would actually begin.

Every business quarter, employees would meet for a dinner party as part of employee engagement and usually it was quite nice.

One of the times, the climate and overpopulation topic came along, and I've mentioned that the over-populated countries, so India and China, should revise or implement their family planning laws, especially India given the huge plumbing issues they are facing. These sanitary problems will lead to disease which will spread, especially dangerous in a country like India which lives a lot off tourism and with a lot of emigrants. inb4: alcohol was not allowed at these dinner parties, so I remember well what I said.

In the group of people, there were a couple of Indian natives and another couple of Philippians (there were others as well, but these were the ones that most strongly voices their "opinions", all males in this case). In the conversation, I felt like I was objective and factual, mentioned what is reported by news articles and pretty much everyone recognized this yet for some reason, those guys decided to call me "an insensitive white bastard" (for bringing up a factual but seemingly sensitive topic?), "typical bible beater" (yet I've no religious creed), "why don't I take my opinion back to my shit country" and my favorite "there is an overpopulation of wops like me" (strange because I'm not Italian) .

Basically, after having repeated many times that all I've said was my opinion based on facts, and that I meant no offense to anyone especially that, overpopulation is an issue for all of us, I was invited to leave the party, which I gladly did. The following Monday started off by being called to my managers office, with an HR officer. I was fired on the spot for my "racist behavior" at a company party, however I would allowed to bilateral contract termination, if I were to publicly apologize to the colleges who I have offended. I agreed to this one, I need to get off on good terms, at least in paper. In my apology, I've mentioned that, as a non-minority race, I should have known better and should have kept my opinions to myself. Before this was sent out, it was approved by that same manager. In case it was not obvious, those guys had no consequences, in spite of the personal offenses towards me.

Ever since then I've moved, not only cities, but I am now in a different country. What have I taken off this experience? As a person who has worked in several countries, mostly in very ethnicity diverse companies, I don't have to learn to accept someone from a foreign culture, it's easy because they are like me, someone who wanted, not only to experience something new, but also a better/different life and left family and friends behind for that. But I've also learned that people who come from mostly homogeneous cultures, are the ones who have the biggest trouble in accepting the cultures they insert themselves into, and are often frustrated with the resistance they meet when trying to change that; these are the people who move to another country wanting it to be like home, and rather than absorbing the new culture, they repel it because it's not theirs.

Sorry for the long text, I hope people won't start assuming that I've done wrong and I got what I deserved, ripped what I sowed.

Assumptions are byproducts of generalization, which is itself a human fault and feature. It does, however result in a lot of hate towards particular people we have no idea about.

Google went full Nazi.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

10 minutes ago, FeralWombat said:

I've personally been the victim of racists against whites in the short time I've spent in a computer-related hardware company with just north of 200 employees in a particular European country.

Thanks for sharing, especially since as you saw in your former company, many, many, many consider (as we see with Google) racism against whites to be ok or even required. Glad to hear you handled it well and found a new job and country to work in.

6 minutes ago, Kamina said:

Google went full Nazi.

Don't tell them that... The antifascists think they're fighting it... Not part of what they're fighting.

Who would've thought a company that has literally been providing videos, prioritizing news and search results deeply in favor of the left would do anything like this?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

political correctness has gone batshit insane

And yet you'll continue to vote for and support left wing political parties.

1 hour ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

The right wing doesnt have extremist that are also racist? :o news to me.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

i don't have a political alignment, there are things on the left and the right that i find absolutely retarded. this whole gender and race thing that has exploded in the last few years has gone too far.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

11 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

Immediately run to? Those were the only people reaching out to him. A multitude of articles and videos upon the memo's release, the majority factually wrong and none of the news agencies could be bothered to set up an interview to hear his side.

"Factually wrong" Umm no, even the guy who lead the studies (link 2) he based the memo off said he grossly misrepresented the study. Damore it's still basically a Layman pretending he understands scientific studies but only has very superficial understanding that's enough to push his political agenda.

Honestly this is exactly what a lot of what I call "Pop Sociologists"* do as well but for the other side and arriving to unreasonable, unrealistic and baseless conclusion that studies just do not suggest whatsoever.

Spoiler

*Pop Sociologist: Not an actual dedicated academic with experience and recognition in the field, just a sociology student, drop-out or otherwise someone with very superficial approach to the area than then talks authoritatively on the subject and often writes up scripts and such for Buzzfeed and other such sensationalist outlets that write on "Feminism" and "Intersectionality" and such

-------

Current Rig

-------

Is there a place where I can go through these emails? I'd rather take this straight from the source instead of an outlet.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Is there a place where I can go through these emails? I'd rather take this straight from the source instead of an outlet.

Since it's likely on a discovery or pre-trial motions phase I doubt it: That's why earlier in the discussion I said that I had to reserve my judgement until the case is actually done in court.

Even if we had the court documents-emails Google still has the right to either refute them or explain how they already took measures against the people writing them, disassociate, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------