Emails reveal extent of Google's toxic work culture

Emails reveal extent of Google's toxic work culture
Source: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11972830

"Employees at Google used internal company message boards to advocate political violence, recruit for a hard-line left-wing activist group and even propose public "trials" for ideological opponents, documents filed in court suggest.

The nearly 100 pages of internal emails and message board postings are contained in a class-action lawsuit filed by former employee James Damore in California on Monday, accusing Google of discriminating against white people, men and conservatives.

Damore was the author of a controversial internal memo criticising the tech giant's "politically correct" diversity policies. He was sacked last year for "perpetuating gender stereotypes" after the memo was leaked to the media and went viral.

Screenshots of messages attached to the complaint show Google employees attacking conservatives and white people, advocating political violence and even sharing "how-to" guides to join Antifa, a violent left-wing anarchist group reportedly classified as "domestic terrorists" by US Homeland Security."

-
News.com.au's Frank Chung

The article is full of extracts from the message boards, some of which are very sickening to read. I'm sure some of you here, since this is a tech forum, can shed some light on this. Its pretty disturbing to read this, especially from a company which prides itself on strong ethics.

This type of discussion really does not have a place anywhere, especially in the workplace.

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

"Employees at Google used internal company message boards to advocate political violence, recruit for a hard-line left-wing activist group and even propose public "trials" for ideological opponents, documents filed in court suggest.

this thread wont go well

This is not remotely surprising

10 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

especially from a company which prides itself on strong ethics.

xD Google, ethics xD 

Google's main profit method amounts to spying, they manipulate search results to their whimsy on their platform for various "legit" reasons, they simply have good pr.....because they control the internet........

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

5a56ade092f05_raw(2).gif.90e28d65cc11f3e6ad3c4e2b25114612.gif

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Google employee: "MLK was pretty clear that you need BOTH the threat of violent and nonviolent resistance for the latter to be an effective threat. MLK refused to condemn more violent elements of the civil rights era despite repeated calls because without that threat, they'll just keep killing you." What MLK actually said: "Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones. Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all."

Which means many Google employees preach so much about diversity as long as it's not diversity of thought.

First, universities/colleges like UC Berkeley, now tech companies are slowly turning to a toxic safe space.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Aaaaaand not surprising. Not at all. Racism is horrible, but the double standards always baffle me. So many celebrities and people with influence are so openly hateful of white people, and men. But the second someone says one bad thing about any other race or women, they get completely destroyed. I agree that hateful people should be shot down, but I want to see, you know, equality, which so many hypocritical people love to preach.

I find it kind of scary that such a huge company which plays a role in pretty much everyone's lives with a scary amount of influence is doing this kind of shit. Google pretty much rules the world at this point, let's be honest.

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread will end up locked. Just sayin'.

Edit: Even if Google is innocent, this behavior exists and it's a problem.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

So people are being people and it's google's fault for not policing it?  It does say employees are doing this and not management or did I read it wring. I mean last time I checked companies don't read all the emails being sent or received do they?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

I mean last time I checked companies don't read all the emails being sent or received do they?

Well they fired that conservative guy for shit less egregious than this, so they at least read some of them.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

checked companies don't read all the emails being sent or received do they?

I dont think google has the man power to check through everyone of their employees

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

I dont think google has the man power to check through everyone of their employees

well they hired people to police others, thats how he got fired in the first place

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well they fired that conservative guy for shit less egregious than this, so they at least read some of them.

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

well they hired people to police others, thats how he got fired in the first place

I thought that was only after someone complained and it went public?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

its wierd as he was responding on the correct "forum" to a new policy google was implementing, he's response brutally showed that what the policy tried to do was wrong/incorrect on almost all levels, it got viral on said forum and then leaked to the public.

dont remember hearing of any complaints at all, and the official explanation for them firing him was BS, i think they said something like: you were sexist/transfobe/ other buss words, cant remember which one it was, but it was one of them 

12 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well they fired that conservative guy for **** less egregious than this, so they at least read some of them.

The irony is, he isn't even a conservative.  He just thought the issue needed addressing, so he brought it up and it cost him his job.

Another post shows Google manager Kim Burchett suggesting a public blacklist of political conservatives inside the company, who would be subjected to "something resembling a trial" before being added.

isn't that illegal under US law? 

In a separate post, employee Scott Bruceheart wrote, "Dear all the white people: do not put the burden of relieving your systematic racist discrimination on the people that aren't white. It is not the responsibility of the victim to end the victimisation. It is the responsibility of the victimiser to stop being terrible."

"Next time you get invited to speak at a conference, especially if you're a white male — ask the organiser to confirm if you're the only white male on the panel / in the speaker line-up," he wrote.

"If not, say you're honoured, but must decline, and give the reason. And because you are at Google, guess what — they're going to change the panel for you. You'll feel bad about inconveniencing them.

This is true Racism

Google work place must have left arrow stickers all over the place forcing everyone to turn left when walking or driving, as well as eating or using their computer mouse.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

15 minutes ago, mr moose said:

To be specific, there was plenty of buzz inside the company and then someone purposefully leaked it. Almost certainly to get him fired from the bad publicity. Unfortunately for Google certain company managers, including a VP, made some very stupid public statements which have at least in theory opened them up to lawsuits in California. There's also the federal class action going on as well. Interestingly, he may be using the class action to more easily get discovery for information he will use in a personal California lawsuit.

Well to everyone who thinks Google is a hive of morons and hypocrites, I recommend Ublock Origin as it will not only block their ads but can block their analytics as well essentially blinding them.

7 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

In a separate post, employee Scott Bruceheart wrote, "Dear all the white people: do not put the burden of relieving your systematic racist discrimination on the people that aren't white. It is not the responsibility of the victim to end the victimisation. It is the responsibility of the victimiser to stop being terrible."

"Next time you get invited to speak at a conference, especially if you're a white male — ask the organiser to confirm if you're the only white male on the panel / in the speaker line-up," he wrote.

"If not, say you're honoured, but must decline, and give the reason. And because you are at Google, guess what — they're going to change the panel for you. You'll feel bad about inconveniencing them.

This is true Racism

I didn't put them in because no one really needs to see this. This talk is just unprofessional in a work environment and is very outdated. These people (and anyone who talks nonsense like this) need to grow up. In reality there are very serious issues surrounding race in many countries, and its people like this that noise out serious discussion.

5 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

"Next time you get invited to speak at a conference, especially if you're a white male — ask the organiser to confirm if you're the only white male on the panel / in the speaker line-up,"

Oh boy! Then it's confirmed that Google is a cesspool of whiny social justice warriors who would rather protect proper pronoun use and feelings rather than living, breathing human beings.

7 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

"Dear all the white people: do not put the burden of relieving your systematic racist discrimination on the people that aren't white. It is not the responsibility of the victim to end the victimisation. It is the responsibility of the victimiser to stop being terrible."

Does Scott Bruceheart think that only white people can be racist? Try going here in Southeast Asia and he'll hear many racial slurs towards white people and they're very bad. This kind of binary thinking is what stifles proper conversation and leads to not only playing the victim all the time but it actually perpetuates reverse racism which is equally as bad as racism to people of color. The worst thing is that these hypocrites preach so much about diversity but trying diversity of thought makes you a bigot, racist, sexist which I think those words have already lost their meaning.

This why I like the work of Dr. Christina Hoff Sommers so much which is the very few feminists who are not SJWs and I encourage everyone to watch her videos.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside