Project AXE-R [scratch build]

neSSa

can't wait to see the finished project! Great job man!

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

• 2 weeks later...

From the EKWB we got new acrylic RGB tops for GPU blocks, bit thanks, and we have successfully engraved the project logo on them :)

AXE-R-193.jpg
AXE-R-197.jpg
AXE-R-192.jpg
AXE-R-203.jpg
AXE-R-204.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! This is really starting to come together!

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

Damn... When the show's over, you could consider making some brackets and buy three custom size, darkened, tempered glass panels instead of the plexi panel. That would look awesome! :D

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

4 hours ago, matias_a_etersen said:

Damn... When the show's over, you could consider making some brackets and buy three custom size, darkened, tempered glass panels instead of the plexi panel. That would look awesome! :D

I agree, this build is over the top and the plexi kills it. I mean even some mid tier cases come with tempered glass. Just a few pieces of angled aluminum and tinted tempered glass would fit this build much better 

Pretty sure that plexi still has the protective film on it which makes it look more cloudy and scratched up. I'm sure the finished piece will be clean and clear. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

@matias_a_etersen , @TekRed These comments about acrylic I have already hill on the FB. Before you even wrote a comment, you should consider whether it is possible to make such a piece of glass at all. I have to inform you that it is possible, but that the price is a tidy 15k euro. Why? Because it should not be 2mm thick and the bending angles are dangerous ;) . Whatever it is, it is made of a better quality molded acrylic and there is still a protective foil on it :)

@MEC-777 Thank you  :)

Day 5, 4 days left, me and my crew today finished tube in the backstage :)

AXE-R-251.jpg
AXE-R-252.jpg
AXE-R-253.jpg
AXE-R-254.jpg
AXE-R-255.jpg
AXE-R-256.jpg

@neSSawe are not talking about it being a solid piece of glass bent into shape but 3 separate pieces of tempered glass and at the bends make some aluminum brackets by bending them at the angle. I know that's just protective film but acrylic scratches so easily. Just some suggestions, you are one of the best modders I know and a great inspiration to me keep up the good work 

Or something like this connecting the 3 peices of tempered glass would look awesome on this build, they are rotational so they will work with any radius 

images (3).jpeg

4 minutes ago, TekRed said:

@neSSawe are not talking about it being a solid piece of glass bent into shape but 3 separate pieces of tempered glass and at the bends make some aluminum brackets by bending them at the angle. I know that's just protective film but acrylic scratches so easily. Just some suggestions, you are one of the best modders I know and a great inspiration to me keep up the good work 

Thank you, I thought it that way, but I wanted it to be from one part, when the acrylic is scratched I will replace it with others ...

13 hours ago, neSSa said:

@matias_a_etersen , @TekRed These comments about acrylic I have already hill on the FB. Before you even wrote a comment, you should consider whether it is possible to make such a piece of glass at all. I have to inform you that it is possible, but that the price is a tidy 15k euro. Why? Because it should not be 2mm thick and the bending angles are dangerous ;) . Whatever it is, it is made of a better quality molded acrylic and there is still a protective foil on it :) 

-snip-

15k euro? Holy shit... Allthough my idea was to just mount three seperate pieces on a bracket and get a similar look... :P Other than that... holy hell this build is becoming beautiful!

28 minutes ago, neSSa said:

@TekRed @matias_a_etersen Thanks for advice, but to repeat, this piece must be from one part because I do not want additional lines ...

@neSSa no need to repeat for me, its your build and like with all your builds this one is spectacular