Project AXE-R [scratch build]

neSSa

AXE-R_logo.png

Greetings friends, I am going to make on a great project  – Project AXE-R.

I need you to understand these six things, or pieces of the story if you prefer, that need to be pieced together in order for this project to make it, and it will!

First off, I am working on it in association with animaN (Dule) a.k.a. PCAXE. While our friendship lasted for years, this is the first time that we’re both joining forces to work on something such as this.

Another thing is that this is a mod that is basically going to be assembled from scratch, therefore it’s a custom case, which is in itself, always hard.

Third point is that this is not just about the case, but an complete setup that will serve as a part of the backdrop for the studio recording over at the brand new PCAXE studio – alongside the case, there is a desk, additional desk for the case, wall ornaments, etc.

Fourth point is that this is, in fact, Dule’s new computer, as the time came for him to change his X79 platform that he has been working on for four years – anybody whose computers did he assemble have a better one than he does. :D So, I need to assemble a computer for Dule that should live up to his needs.

Fifth thing is that for the first time, I will go over with Dule across every single detail of making this project, because rarely does someone speak about his ups and downs, how to find sponsorships, what do the sponsors themselves expect, what does the audience expect, what do we expect, what should you do and in which order, all the nuts and bolts…All things considered, this is the first episode that is going to be presented entirely in English. You can turn on the Serbian translation captions, while the each of the following episodes will be offered in Serbian alongside the English subtitles:

And the most important thing of all, the sixth piece! I want you to understand that building something like this isn’t exactly simple anywhere in the world, especially not in Serbia. We want to raise awareness about modding, and to inspire all those folks looking for an excuse to halt the search, and focus on solving a problem and fulfilling their dreams.

As far as the components and the sponsorships go, I can tell you right off the bat that this will all be High End, and as soon as we get comfirmation what has been approved and provided, we will include that in the thread.

Also, we need your support! Thanks in advance!

The components:

Case: Custom AXE-R case by neSSa [SS PC Modding]

CPU: AMD Treadripper 1950x

RAM: ADATA XPG 8x8Gb DDR4 RGB

MB: Gigabyte AORUS X399 Gaming 7

GPU: 2x Gigabyte Vega 64

PSU: Cooler Master V1200 Platinum and CM 120 AP RGB fans

Cooling: EK Waterblocks all components for liquid cooling 

AXE-R-project-by-neSSa-1s.jpg

I9 7980XE

32gb corsair dominator platinum

Msi pro carbon? X299

Nvidia Titan V

seasonic 1200w?

imho: noctua nhd15 or a custom loop

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

I9 7980XE

32gb corsair dominator platinum

Msi pro carbon? X299

Nvidia Titan V

seasonic 1200w?

imho: noctua nhd15 or a custom loop

in this case i go with AMD, CM, GA .... :) 

Just now, neSSa said:

in this case i go with AMD, CM, GA .... :) 

1950x, some tr4 board... seasonic makes better powersupplies, not super sure about cms psus.and what is ga?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

1950x, some tr4 board... seasonic makes better powersupplies, not super sure about cms psus.and what is ga?

GA - Gigabyte :D

1 minute ago, neSSa said:

GA - Gigabyte :D

White or orange

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

White or orange

Stay tuned and you will see ;)

2 minutes ago, neSSa said:

I meant for the motherboard, ill just use white.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, neSSa said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PzjJCy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PzjJCy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor  ($921.37 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake - Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X399 DESIGNARE EX ATX TR4 Motherboard  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($419.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($210.00 @ Amazon) 
Other: Nvidia Titan V ($2999.00)
Total: $5150.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-10 15:20 EST-0500

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PzjJCy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PzjJCy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor  ($921.37 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake - Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X399 DESIGNARE EX ATX TR4 Motherboard  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($419.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($210.00 @ Amazon) 
Other: Nvidia Titan V ($2999.00)
Total: $5150.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-10 15:20 EST-0500

yup, thank you, but I live in Serbia hehehe ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X399 , TR 1950x, 64Gb RAM, CF gpu, watercooling and more....

1 minute ago, neSSa said:

yup, thank you, but I live in Serbia hehehe ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X399 , TR 1950x, 64Gb RAM, CF gpu, watercooling and more....

Its really expensive, and at that point might as well go with the i9 7980xe, its the best cpu out right now.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

ADATA has accepted the participation in this project, the phenomenal XPG memory has arrived, 8x8Gb. Thank you very much for support :D

AXE-R-001.jpg

AXE-R-002.jpg

AXE-R-003.jpg

AXE-R-004.jpg

AXE-R-005.jpg

Nice.

I'm doing something a bit similar but to less of a degree with the computer components.

I strongly second how hard custom cases are -especially when tolerances for every part is down to the millimeter.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

EK Waterblocks support AXE-R project, thank you! :D

AXE-R-009.jpg

where the actul heck did you find even two vegas?:D

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

4 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

where the actul heck did you find even two vegas?:D

I prepared this project a long time before I started it ;) 

5 minutes ago, MadG4mer said:

What 3D software is that? 

PT Creo